Electronic tracking of kids expands in Twin Cities

There are 5 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Aug 19, 2009, titled Electronic tracking of kids expands in Twin Cities. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

More Minnesota families are taking their children's safety into their own hands with the expansion of an electronic monitoring program in the Twin Cities area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

rusty wallace

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Aug 19, 2009
stupid
True

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Aug 19, 2009
Thank you, rusty wallace, for your well thought-out and eloquent critique of this story. We all appreciate your unique insight.
Sincerely,
The rest of society
leroy

Cottage Grove, MN

#4 Aug 19, 2009
good idea, hope there are more volunteers
Javier

Buffalo, MN

#5 Aug 19, 2009
True wrote:
Thank you, rusty wallace, for your well thought-out and eloquent critique of this story. We all appreciate your unique insight.
Sincerely,
The rest of society
Hmmm...you critique Rusty, but contribute nothing yourself. Have YOU any insight to contribute, or do you just like to see yourself posted on a website?

This is a fair idea, but it will probably just serve to make parents feel better. Most Amber alerts are resolved when they locate the "other" parent. Parents who are conscientious enough to do this are not likely to have a missing child anyway.
OMG

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Aug 19, 2009
Javier - Except this is for special needs children. The ones that just wander off. I think it's a great idea and I too hope they can find the volunteers needed to make this a successful program.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carver County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota DFLers push for higher taxes for tran... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Bushwhacker 34
News Prince's taxes paid up in France, lawyer says (Dec '12) Dec '12 CRASSUS 1
News Hunters rescue couple stranded in Long Lake (Oct '10) Oct '10 worm 3
News Carver County / Deputy charged with stealing drugs (May '10) May '10 No spin zone 4
News Marshall teen deported to El Salvador (Mar '10) Mar '10 to hard 24
News Snowmobiler found dead after accident (Feb '10) Feb '10 Samantha 1
News Grapes of wrath: Theft of grape vines angers sc... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Richard 1
More from around the web