Body of missing teen found in farm pond

Body of missing teen found in farm pond

There are 82 comments on the The Morehead News story from Apr 4, 2011, titled Body of missing teen found in farm pond. In it, The Morehead News reports that:

April 4, 2011 - The five-week search for a missing teenager from Olive Hill ended tragically Sunday night when his body was found in a farm pond in Elliott County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morehead News.

hmmm

Clarkesville, GA

#61 Apr 29, 2011
from what i have read his biological parents wanted nothing to do with him, his aunt and uncle were the ones who have been there for him
FRIEND

West Liberty, KY

#62 Apr 29, 2011
biologicalparents wrote:
You know everyone knew Nemo was a foster child and his aunt and uncle had custody of him. But I hope his biological parents can find answers for their son as well. They are the first people who deserves an answer besides his siblings. No one on topix's have told them they are sorry for their loss that I have yet to read. To Nemo's biological parents I am sorry for your loss.
I do not know them but they could not be much at all as parents or they would have been the one's to raise him so in my book there worthless people.
justme

Owensboro, KY

#63 Apr 30, 2011
FRIEND wrote:
<quoted text>I do not know them but they could not be much at all as parents or they would have been the one's to raise him so in my book there worthless people.
Like Nemo they deserved a second chance in life, and they still have the right to feel the pain of losing a child. No matter what their circumstances were. Nemo did keep in touch with his parent(s). You can you wonder how you would feel if society thought you were not capable of taking care of your child and they get in trouble or die while in a foster home. It is also obvious he started his drug habits while in their custody. I would be very angry.
justme

Owensboro, KY

#64 Apr 30, 2011
Well how would you feel if you were determined unfit to take care of your children and they were put in someone else's custody get involved with drugs at an early age and then die. They should be very angry, hurt and mourn the death of their son.
Hello

Grayson, KY

#65 Apr 30, 2011
justme wrote:
Well how would you feel if you were determined unfit to take care of your children and they were put in someone else's custody get involved with drugs at an early age and then die. They should be very angry, hurt and mourn the death of their son.
Mommy's in prison for drug charges. Daddy sells drugs for a living. Nemo got with his Dad and lived and look where he is now. Let's all cry a river for the people that influenced him to turn out like he did. His biological Mom and Dad.
Hello

Grayson, KY

#66 Apr 30, 2011
justme wrote:
<quoted text>Like Nemo they deserved a second chance in life, and they still have the right to feel the pain of losing a child. No matter what their circumstances were. Nemo did keep in touch with his parent(s). You can you wonder how you would feel if society thought you were not capable of taking care of your child and they get in trouble or die while in a foster home. It is also obvious he started his drug habits while in their custody. I would be very angry.
Nemo was never in a foster home. You show how much you know. He was actually living on and off with his bio Father. Couldn't call him a Dad cause he always put his own needs in front of Nemo.
justme

Owensboro, KY

#67 Apr 30, 2011
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>Nemo was never in a foster home. You show how much you know. He was actually living on and off with his bio Father. Couldn't call him a Dad cause he always put his own needs in front of Nemo.
He was still a ward of the state and the carroll's was his guardian, and they did not live perfect lives. The whole family have had drug issues or alchol issues. There are many family members stepping forward taking coustody of children of family members and getting paid Kinship care. Part of Foster care.
Hello

Grayson, KY

#68 Apr 30, 2011
justme wrote:
<quoted text>He was still a ward of the state and the carroll's was his guardian, and they did not live perfect lives. The whole family have had drug issues or alchol issues. There are many family members stepping forward taking coustody of children of family members and getting paid Kinship care. Part of Foster care.
No the whole family did not have drug or alcohol issues. You judge a whole family on a select few! Libel is punishable by law.
Lol

Catlettsburg, KY

#69 Apr 30, 2011
Thats true that you cant judge a whole family by a select few Im one to tell you that! But as far a Libel is punishable by law but not in this case, topix that is, its just one's opinion.
Hello

Grayson, KY

#70 Apr 30, 2011
Lol wrote:
Thats true that you cant judge a whole family by a select few Im one to tell you that! But as far a Libel is punishable by law but not in this case, topix that is, its just one's opinion.
You're wrong. Topix can't be held responsible but the person posting it can be. Libel is the written word that makes gives someone a bad image when there is no truth to it. All it takes is for the person the things are written about to choose to hire a lawyer and Topix can be supoened to give up the posters identity. Then from there it's up to a court of law. There's currently a lawsuit that's been filed on this very thing.
SOREY

West Liberty, KY

#71 May 1, 2011
justme wrote:
<quoted text>Like Nemo they deserved a second chance in life, and they still have the right to feel the pain of losing a child. No matter what their circumstances were. Nemo did keep in touch with his parent(s). You can you wonder how you would feel if society thought you were not capable of taking care of your child and they get in trouble or die while in a foster home. It is also obvious he started his drug habits while in their custody. I would be very angry.
If his real parents cared for him he would not have been in a foster home as you say.they would have been the oneS raseing him and yes his drugs could have verry well been started in a forste home but i do not know that to be true but if he was in a foster home when he started useing drugs THEN HIS REAL PARENTS I DO HOPE FELL PAIN FOR THEY COULD HAVE BEEN THE REASON HE STARTED TAKEING DRUGS KNOWING THAT HIS REAL PARENTS DID NOT GIVE A SHIT FOR HIM.ALSO IT LOOKS LIKE HIS REAL PARENTS LOST HIM 2 TIMES AND I DONT FELL NO DAM PITTEY FOR THE REAL PARENTS FOR THEY DONT EVEN DESERVE THE RITE TO HAVE SEAN HIM IN THE FUNREAL HOME IF THEY EVEN WENT AND THEY WILL GET NOT PITTEY FROM ME FOR GIVEING THERE SON UP.PARENTS THAT GIVE THERE CHILDERN UP ARE SCUM IN THE BOOK OF HOW I WAS RAISED.EVERY ONE SHOULD EVEN YOU SHOULD BE THANKING THE PEOPLE THAT TOOK HIM IN TO THERE HOME.I COULD GO ON LONGER BUT I THINK YOU GET MY POINT AS TO HOW I FELL ABOUT NO GOOD PARENTS THAT GIVE THERE CHILDERN AWAY AND I HOPE GOD dont forget they gave him away.AND I KNOW GOD GORGETS NOTHING SO I WILL STOP HERE NOW.
dot

United States

#73 May 1, 2011
SOREY wrote:
<quoted text>If his real parents cared for him he would not have been in a foster home as you say.they would have been the oneS raseing him and yes his drugs could have verry well been started in a forste home but i do not know that to be true but if he was in a foster home when he started useing drugs THEN HIS REAL PARENTS I DO HOPE FELL PAIN FOR THEY COULD HAVE BEEN THE REASON HE STARTED TAKEING DRUGS KNOWING THAT HIS REAL PARENTS DID NOT GIVE A SHIT FOR HIM.ALSO IT LOOKS LIKE HIS REAL PARENTS LOST HIM 2 TIMES AND I DONT FELL NO DAM PITTEY FOR THE REAL PARENTS FOR THEY DONT EVEN DESERVE THE RITE TO HAVE SEAN HIM IN THE FUNREAL HOME IF THEY EVEN WENT AND THEY WILL GET NOT PITTEY FROM ME FOR GIVEING THERE SON UP.PARENTS THAT GIVE THERE CHILDERN UP ARE SCUM IN THE BOOK OF HOW I WAS RAISED.EVERY ONE SHOULD EVEN YOU SHOULD BE THANKING THE PEOPLE THAT TOOK HIM IN TO THERE HOME.I COULD GO ON LONGER BUT I THINK YOU GET MY POINT AS TO HOW I FELL ABOUT NO GOOD PARENTS THAT GIVE THERE CHILDERN AWAY AND I HOPE GOD dont forget they gave him away.AND I KNOW GOD GORGETS NOTHING SO I WILL STOP HERE NOW.
You either have no children, or you have never seen a parent go through something this horrible. So...if you are that ignorant on a subject, keep your "not so intelligent" comments to yourself.
hey hello

Flatwoods, KY

#74 May 1, 2011
a lawsuit!!!!if members of his family are decent law abiding people dont you think the people who know them will know that!!or maybe they could be marginally decent!!something to think about!when you have to stir up a stink to get people to think you,re decent makes strangers think maybe the other side has a point!just an observation!
1866389wbu

Detroit, MI

#75 May 1, 2011
SOREY wrote:
<quoted text>If his real parents cared for him he would not have been in a foster home as you say.they would have been the oneS raseing him and yes his drugs could have verry well been started in a forste home but i do not know that to be true but if he was in a foster home when he started useing drugs THEN HIS REAL PARENTS I DO HOPE FELL PAIN FOR THEY COULD HAVE BEEN THE REASON HE STARTED TAKEING DRUGS KNOWING THAT HIS REAL PARENTS DID NOT GIVE A SHIT FOR HIM.ALSO IT LOOKS LIKE HIS REAL PARENTS LOST HIM 2 TIMES AND I DONT FELL NO DAM PITTEY FOR THE REAL PARENTS FOR THEY DONT EVEN DESERVE THE RITE TO HAVE SEAN HIM IN THE FUNREAL HOME IF THEY EVEN WENT AND THEY WILL GET NOT PITTEY FROM ME FOR GIVEING THERE SON UP.PARENTS THAT GIVE THERE CHILDERN UP ARE SCUM IN THE BOOK OF HOW I WAS RAISED.EVERY ONE SHOULD EVEN YOU SHOULD BE THANKING THE PEOPLE THAT TOOK HIM IN TO THERE HOME.I COULD GO ON LONGER BUT I THINK YOU GET MY POINT AS TO HOW I FELL ABOUT NO GOOD PARENTS THAT GIVE THERE CHILDERN AWAY AND I HOPE GOD dont forget they gave him away.AND I KNOW GOD GORGETS NOTHING SO I WILL STOP HERE NOW.
David Boggs at it again
urnidiot

Ashland, KY

#76 May 10, 2011
STUPIED wrote:
<quoted text>JULIE LEWIS YOUR DUM AS HELL AND YOU EVER POST HIS NAME AGAIN I WILL BE COMMING TO SEE YOU FACE TO FACE.And you better stop taking your dope or you could end up like nemo did bitch,You better listen to what i just told you and every one i am sorey that julie lewis is doing this she is on dope realey bad and HER MOTHER AND FATHER CAN NOT DO NOTHING WITH HER SHE EVEN DROWS A CRAZEY CHECK SO PAY NO MIND TO HER.
STUPIED? ARE YOU RETARDED? I BET THIS IS JESSIE HAMM. I ONLY KNOW ONE PERSON THAT ***STUPIED***!!! LOL
a person

Catlettsburg, KY

#77 May 10, 2011
Yes, Libel is punishable by law, we know that. You go and hire a lawyer and take something like this to court and tell the judge.."Look what they wrote about me and my family, they are saying we are druggies and alcoholics" he is going to tell you to toughen up and stop worrying about every thing you read. Unless it has caused you some sort of financial loss, there is nothing you can do but get pissed about it.
567abc

West Liberty, KY

#78 May 11, 2011
dot wrote:
<quoted text>
You either have no children, or you have never seen a parent go through something this horrible. So...if you are that ignorant on a subject, keep your "not so intelligent" comments to yourself.
THEY CHOSE drugs over him from what i have read on here.Is that true or not it's posted that the mother is in prison on drug charges now is that true?If eather question is true they should have never had a child.Aney parent that chooses drugs or aney thing over there child is WORTHLESS Thats how i was raised.I also have childern.My childern come fist now and always will and i will not tolarate aney thing less and if your a good parent you will not eather?
dot

Columbus, OH

#79 May 12, 2011
567abc wrote:
<quoted text>THEY CHOSE drugs over him from what i have read on here.Is that true or not it's posted that the mother is in prison on drug charges now is that true?If eather question is true they should have never had a child.Aney parent that chooses drugs or aney thing over there child is WORTHLESS Thats how i was raised.I also have childern.My childern come fist now and always will and i will not tolarate aney thing less and if your a good parent you will not eather?
I agree with you, but just because they may have made bad decisions, does not mean they can't feel painover the death of their son. They are human at the end of the day. I'm not justifying them picking drugs over their kid, our whatever they did. Just saying they are human, no matter what bad choices are made.
big whoopy

Morehead, KY

#80 Oct 23, 2013
This kid got what he had coming. He was nothing but a thief and drug addict. He stole over a thousand dollars from a dying woman. Everyone on here acts like he's an angel. I knew him. He was trash. My mom always said you live by the sword, you die by the sword. He died doing what he did best. Drugs and thieving. Let it rest. Drug dealers know what they are getting themselves into. Stop acting like some poor innocent child was killed by the big bad drug killers. He was one of them.
outages

San Diego, CA

#81 Oct 24, 2013
big whoopy wrote:
This kid got what he had coming. He was nothing but a thief and drug addict. He stole over a thousand dollars from a dying woman. Everyone on here acts like he's an angel. I knew him. He was trash. My mom always said you live by the sword, you die by the sword. He died doing what he did best. Drugs and thieving. Let it rest. Drug dealers know what they are getting themselves into. Stop acting like some poor innocent child was killed by the big bad drug killers. He was one of them.
HAVE SOME GOD BLESSED RESPECT!!! YEAH HE DID BAD THINGS BUT THE KID IS DEAD! KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF!! I DONT CARE HOW BAD A PERSON IS THEY DONT DESERVE TO BE MURDERED!!!... KARMA IS A BITCH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carter County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crooks running the jail Jun '16 Bigtittmomma 1
News 2 Carter County men charged with sex abuse in c... (Nov '13) Jun '16 Oh really 26
Davy Run Music Thread Jun '16 Musikologist 2
looking for job. May '16 littlebit 1
Robin Webb Apr '16 Animal abuser 2
Truck Stop that Closed down Mar '16 Despite 1
Rats Mar '16 The man 1
More from around the web