McCall insulted his religion, constituents

Recently, Pennsylvania House Speaker Keith McCall of Carbon County was instrumental in banning the name of Jesus from a prayer that was to begin one of the House's daily sessions. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Liberal Terminator

Plymouth, PA

#21 Aug 3, 2009
Avis wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the Jews, Jerry? They don't have freedom of religion? Or the Muslims, the Buddists, the Hindus or the Mormons?
What about the Atheists, Jerry, do they have any rights in this country? If they have to sit through your Catholic prayers shouldn't you have to sit through their speeches about how people should keep their invisible friends to themselves - it would only be fair.
Comrade Avis,

I have not problem with Jews or anyone else praying. As long as all prayer is on traditional lines and.

Athiests never had a tradition of prayer except until recently. and that is only because they see that prayer is acceptable in society and they phony up some just to try a act mainstream which they are not.

Comrade Avis, you forgot to ask about the Zulu faith, whatever it is. Now who is the one who is anti-religious?

For Cross, Gun & Free Enterprise.

liberalismisasin.com

Since: Apr 09

Pawleys Island, SC

#22 Aug 3, 2009
Liberal Terminator wrote:
<quoted text>
Comrade Avis,
I have not problem with Jews or anyone else praying. As long as all prayer is on traditional lines...
Which tradition? The one you decide?
I think not.
Dolt.
Liberal Terminator

Plymouth, PA

#23 Aug 3, 2009
CSS 44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Which tradition? The one you decide?
I think not.
Dolt.
Comrade,

No. The tradition you hate and want to suppress.

For Cross, Gun & Free Enterprise

liberalismisasin.com
Arrest Bush

Allentown, PA

#24 Aug 3, 2009
<quoted text>
Comrade,
The same way you promote socialized HC. It's called the Bill of Rights. Freedom of Religion is included. Not freedom from religion which extremists like you peddle. Your phobia of religion and God makes you pshycotic.
For Cross, Gun & Free Enterprise.
liberalismisasin.com
Actually Jerry, you are wrong as always. The constitution states that there is no establishment of a state religion. In other words, the state is NOT allowed to pick one religion over another. By allowing the mention of jesus, the state would be promoting one religion. That is a no-no. Mr. Mcall is not trying to keep anyone from practicing their religion. Nor is he trying to limit anyones freedom of speech. The freedom of speech amendment is to protect people from being prosecuted for something they say(particularly about the goverment). Mr. Mcall wasn't trying to have anyone arrested, he was trying to keep the state from violating the constitution. Of course you don't give a rats a s s about the contitution, as long as your extremist, right-wingnut beliefs are being served. Sorry Jerry, the constitution is for ALL Americans, not just nutty, religious freaks like you.
Arrest Bush

Allentown, PA

#25 Aug 3, 2009
<quoted text>
Comrade Avis,
I have not problem with Jews or anyone else praying. As long as all prayer is on traditional lines and.
Oh, so your all for freedom of speech, as long as it's "traditional"? Hypocrite, nut-job.

As I said earlier, the US constitution is for ALL Americans. I know you and the other christian taliban members hate that, but you live in OUR country.

Since: Apr 09

Pawleys Island, SC

#26 Aug 4, 2009
<quoted text>
Comrade,
No. The tradition you hate and want to suppress.
For Cross, Gun & Free Enterprise
liberalismisasin.com
I neither "hate" nor "want to suppress" any tradition.

What I "hate" is when the ignorant (you) attempt to tell me which "tradition" I need to adhere to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carbon County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man tries to get refund on air rifle he didn't buy Feb 11 reichwinger 1
Juvenile flees Camp Adams - (Dec '08) Jan '15 justicemyass 47
Group gets grant to beautify Lansford Dec '14 Peace 12
Panther Valley approves tax increases (Jun '08) Dec '14 Pondish 64
Nesquehoning begins a new tradition Dec '14 fudge flinger 6
Fire breaks out at nudist resort in Poconos Nov '14 nudistfriendfidner 1
Police Make Second Arrest in Carbon County Robbery Sep '14 Yeah Buddy 1
More from around the web