Jim Thorpe falls short of "Most Beautiful Small Town" title

Jul 17, 2012 Full story: WFMZ 11

It turns out the beautiful burg of Jim Thorpe, Carbon County isn't beautiful enough to win a national contest.

Full Story
Linda

Baltimore, MD

#1 Jul 18, 2012
WFMZ - you couldn't use nicer words than "isn't beautiful enough to win a national contest" and "failed to win". Shame on your writer!!!!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#2 Jul 19, 2012
Linda wrote:
WFMZ - you couldn't use nicer words than "isn't beautiful enough to win a national contest" and "failed to win". Shame on your writer!!!!
Great job to this writer. Jim Thorpe is a corrupt little town. People need to realize that. Until they can change who the da's are and the head judge it will never change. I'm not talking about Webb either. Then again most everybody is related and that's how they got their positions. Even by voting. Their relatives vote them in.
Vince Fumo

Meadville, PA

#3 Jul 22, 2012
RLBK wrote:
<quoted text>
Great job to this writer. Jim Thorpe is a corrupt little town. People need to realize that. Until they can change who the da's are and the head judge it will never change. I'm not talking about Webb either. Then again most everybody is related and that's how they got their positions. Even by voting. Their relatives vote them in.
They ALL got their jobs licking Keith McCall's azz
Ear to the ground

Andover, NJ

#4 Jul 22, 2012
RLBK wrote:
<quoted text>Great job to this writer. Jim Thorpe is a corrupt little town. People need to realize that. Until they can change who the da's are and the head judge it will never change. I'm not talking about Webb either. Then again most everybody is related and that's how they got their positions. Even by voting. Their relatives vote them in.
What on God's green earth have you been smoking? Their "relatives" voted them in?? That's a damn big family tree. It's obvious you didn't do well with the system.

Location hidden

#5 Jul 22, 2012
Ear to the ground wrote:
<quoted text>What on God's green earth have you been smoking? Their "relatives" voted them in?? That's a damn big family tree. It's obvious you didn't do well with the system.
Meaning its all in who you know. Maybe you should quit smoking what ever you are so your mind is clear and you can see what's going on up there. I don't smoke anything or do illegal things. I'm not in the system but someone I know is and carbon county is going to pay big time for what they have done to them.
Ear to the ground

Andover, NJ

#6 Jul 22, 2012
RLBK wrote:
<quoted text>Meaning its all in who you know. Maybe you should quit smoking what ever you are so your mind is clear and you can see what's going on up there. I don't smoke anything or do illegal things. I'm not in the system but someone I know is and carbon county is going to pay big time for what they have done to them.
Wait a minute. Aren't you the same person that I read a comment from month back "bragging" about something big happening with the county and specifically the court system?? If so, where is your big surprise?? See, you ARE smoking something and now you are blowing smoke!!!! Nothing is happening anywhere Chicken Little.

Location hidden

#7 Jul 22, 2012
Ear to the ground wrote:
<quoted text>Wait a minute. Aren't you the same person that I read a comment from month back "bragging" about something big happening with the county and specifically the court system?? If so, where is your big surprise?? See, you ARE smoking something and now you are blowing smoke!!!! Nothing is happening anywhere Chicken Little.
Hahahaha

Location hidden

#8 Jul 22, 2012
Ear to the ground wrote:
<quoted text>Wait a minute. Aren't you the same person that I read a comment from month back "bragging" about something big happening with the county and specifically the court system?? If so, where is your big surprise?? See, you ARE smoking something and now you are blowing smoke!!!! Nothing is happening anywhere Chicken Little.
It's coming soon. Like I said when I can post the facts I will. I can not due to the attorneys involved and the investigation going on. Why would I give any of you a heads up who it is?
THEN WHY

Lehighton, PA

#9 Jul 23, 2012
RLBK wrote:
<quoted text>
It's coming soon. Like I said when I can post the facts I will. I can not due to the attorneys involved and the investigation going on. Why would I give any of you a heads up who it is?
THEN WHY THE HELL DO YOU EVEN BOTHER COMING ON THESE BLOGS ? Your comments were well over five months ago and NOTHING !

Location hidden

#10 Jul 24, 2012
THEN WHY wrote:
<quoted text>THEN WHY THE HELL DO YOU EVEN BOTHER COMING ON THESE BLOGS ? Your comments were well over five months ago and NOTHING !
You would have to ask the da's that question. They still are not handing over info. They are also stalling because they are backed into a corner. Dirty dirty shit going on.
misc troll

United States

#11 Sep 1, 2012
If all those ugly phone and power lines could be buried then town would win.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carbon County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Group gets grant to beautify Lansford 2 hr Iggy 4
Panther Valley approves tax increases (Jun '08) Dec 20 Pondish 64
Nesquehoning begins a new tradition Dec 18 fudge flinger 6
Fire breaks out at nudist resort in Poconos Nov '14 nudistfriendfidner 1
Police Make Second Arrest in Carbon County Robbery Sep '14 Yeah Buddy 1
Lansford Church, School Demolished (Feb '12) Sep '14 Michael 8
Lehighton's Red Castle Brewpub to hold grand op... Aug '14 DRUNKEN LOSERS RE... 1
More from around the web