Lehigh Tunnel crash: Rollover crash r...

Lehigh Tunnel crash: Rollover crash reported in Lehigh Tunnel o...

There are 20 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jul 16, 2009, titled Lehigh Tunnel crash: Rollover crash reported in Lehigh Tunnel o.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Emergency crews are at the scene of a rollover crash that may involve multiple vehicles in the southbound Lehigh Tunnel on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, state police, Pocono barracks, said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Bob

Allentown, PA

#1 Jul 16, 2009
Police said motorists should expect delays. Really?
They never learn

Pottsville, PA

#2 Jul 16, 2009
Some lady lost control, when she lost her cell phone signal
me2u

Skippack, PA

#3 Jul 16, 2009
They never learn wrote:
Some lady lost control, when she lost her cell phone signal
LMAO
Ollie North

Wilkes Barre, PA

#4 Jul 16, 2009
They never learn wrote:
Some lady lost control, when she lost her cell phone signal
Must not have AT&T - mine works fine all the way through!
What the deuce

Slatington, PA

#5 Jul 16, 2009
Ollie North wrote:
<quoted text>
Must not have AT&T - mine works fine all the way through!
I have Verizon and my phone works better in the tunnel than it does in the middle of allentown. I guess those thousand people that follow the verizon guy around don't like the ghetto.

Since: May 07

Bethlehem, PA

#7 Jul 16, 2009
What the deuce wrote:
<quoted text>
I have Verizon and my phone works better in the tunnel than it does in the middle of allentown. I guess those thousand people that follow the verizon guy around don't like the ghetto.
LOL..too funny!
OarG

Slatington, PA

#8 Jul 16, 2009
There are a lot of twists & turns in the tunnel. I almost rolled my lotus one day.
Joey Chitwood

Pottsville, PA

#9 Jul 16, 2009
I always try to loop up one wall across the top and down the other side, whenever I use the tunnel. It's a real b!tch, when you don't make it all the way around before you come out the other side
Northbound476

Catasauqua, PA

#10 Jul 16, 2009
I sure hope that's sarcasm OarG!

The bigger danger with the tunnel is the idiots who drive right in and then hit their brakes!

Keep GOING!

“Photo by Palm Beach Sheriff ”

Since: Mar 09

Bethlehem, PA

#11 Jul 16, 2009
Northbound476 wrote:
I sure hope that's sarcasm OarG!
The bigger danger with the tunnel is the idiots who drive right in and then hit their brakes!
Keep GOING!
Duh! That always happens, and it still surprises you!
When entering your eyes need a couple seconds to adjust; the people with no lights are no help either.
Ray Sist

Allentown, PA

#12 Jul 16, 2009
Ollie North wrote:
<quoted text>
Must not have AT&T - mine works fine all the way through!
That's because you're one of the people doing 85 and your phone doesn't have time to cut out, lol.
Lehighton

Bethlehem, PA

#13 Jul 16, 2009
No it's the people that don't read the don't switch lane signs. They don't read English, and see that you can't switch lanes in the tunnel.
You had to be there

Pottsville, PA

#14 Jul 17, 2009
Lehighton wrote:
No it's the people that don't read the don't switch lane signs. They don't read English, and see that you can't switch lanes in the tunnel.
Those signs are only before the tunnel, not in it. You don't expect somebody to remeber what a sign said a quarter mile back, do you? By the way, there is no sign that says "no rolling vehicles over in tunnel" do you think they might need to put some up? I liked the old tunnel with all the concrete humps in it. Nobody ever passed in there.
pisd

Baltimore, MD

#15 Jul 17, 2009
somebody died in that accident, are you seriously talking about your phone signal! Grow up!

Since: May 07

Bethlehem, PA

#16 Jul 17, 2009
pisd wrote:
somebody died in that accident, are you seriously talking about your phone signal! Grow up!
Where does it say someone died? It said a man was unresponsive but his condition has since been upgraded.
Get the facts

Pottsville, PA

#17 Jul 17, 2009
pisd wrote:
somebody died in that accident, are you seriously talking about your phone signal! Grow up!
Maybe you should ask mommy and daddy's permission before you post your stupidity again. Nobody dies from the accident, too bad they didn't, since it would be one less person tying the turnpike. By the way, its good the turnpike put the repeaters in the tunnel to improve the cell signal
OarG

Slatington, PA

#19 Jul 21, 2009
What I really like to do is nip the guardrail to go airborne and see if my downforce can hold me to the roof of the tunnel. I managed to pull it off a couple of times, but I had to be going pretty fast.
The Tunnel Rat

Pottsville, PA

#20 Jul 22, 2009
OarG wrote:
What I really like to do is nip the guardrail to go airborne and see if my downforce can hold me to the roof of the tunnel. I managed to pull it off a couple of times, but I had to be going pretty fast.
Too bad they didn't recess the lighting in the top of the tunnel so you could try that and use it as an extra passing lane
OarG

Slatington, PA

#21 Jul 22, 2009
I don't go in the tunnel anymore anyway, mostly because of the tunnel demons.
Bella

Gouldsboro, PA

#22 Dec 21, 2012
Get the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should ask mommy and daddy's permission before you post your stupidity again. Nobody dies from the accident, too bad they didn't, since it would be one less person tying the turnpike. By the way, its good the turnpike put the repeaters in the tunnel to improve the cell signal
You all need to grow up! It was a major accident. She shouldn't have been on her phone in the first place! An accident could've been avoided. But you all are talking about cell signals instead of the issue at hand. It's disgraceful!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carbon County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lehighton district silences frequent... (May '16) Oct '16 MAJOR 10
News Clown sighting reported in Nesquehoning Oct '16 Joel the troll 9
News Juvenile flees Camp Adams - (Dec '08) Sep '16 Craigie the clown 54
News Shooter not found in Tamaqua Sep '16 Royal Mounted Police 2
News Weatherly man admits fleeing police on... Aug '16 Wreckers 1
News Keep the turbines off Kittatinny Ridge (Aug '08) Jul '16 WindBlight 74
News 2 Lehighton directors resign; third to... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Blind followers 15
More from around the web