District projects 17 percent tax hike

District projects 17 percent tax hike

There are 22 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jan 4, 2008, titled District projects 17 percent tax hike. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A preliminary Panther Valley School District budget projects a property tax increase of 8 mills for residents in Carbon and Schuylkill counties for the 2008-09 school year -- about a 17 percent hike for each.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“We're back”

Since: Feb 07

Stroudsburg, PA

#21 Jan 4, 2008
I for one will be purchasing a home in an area not within the Panther Valley school district. Take a look around and read the news of the last year, Lansford we don't need business, or their tax money check out the town there is nothing there. Just an example. Yes Nesquehoning has KME but what else? Add all the lawsuits, again Lansford. Taj Mahall schools and the prices that go with it,(how much did the oil spill cleanup cost) but not the income of the residents. Want to save money, get rid of sports, get rid of the pool, get rid of the overpaid administrators (especially if they do not live in the district) Highest taxes in Carbon county, lowest quality of life. You'd of thought all those spot reassessments would have made up the difference. Take a ride through the area, see what is here then make a decision or comment of how this is alright, and read the news over the last year of the petty BS, news, and lawsuits that have happened. Place is a cesspool with no redemption
Mill Street Resident

Lehighton, PA

#22 Jun 9, 2011
I heard RP was with her husband from the Hauto Estates and got a DUI on Easter weekend in Nesquehoning...but it never hit the paper ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carbon County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lehighton district silences frequent... 10 hr MAJOR 10
News Clown sighting reported in Nesquehoning Oct 2 Joel the troll 9
News Juvenile flees Camp Adams - (Dec '08) Sep 27 Craigie the clown 54
News Shooter not found in Tamaqua Sep '16 Royal Mounted Police 2
News Weatherly man admits fleeing police on... Aug '16 Wreckers 1
News Keep the turbines off Kittatinny Ridge (Aug '08) Jul '16 WindBlight 74
News 2 Lehighton directors resign; third to... Jun '16 Blind followers 15
More from around the web