RV, tractor trailer wreck on I-16

RV, tractor trailer wreck on I-16

There are 3 comments on the WTOC-TV Savannah story from Oct 9, 2010, titled RV, tractor trailer wreck on I-16. In it, WTOC-TV Savannah reports that:

A wreck between an RV and a tractor trailer tied up traffic on Interstate 16. It happened in Candler County near mile marker 109 at about 4 p.m. According to emergency personnel, preliminary reports indicate the RV crossed median and pulled into the tractor trailer's path.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTOC-TV Savannah.

Diane

Montgomery, TX

#1 Oct 18, 2010
Such a shame.. How about a follow up on the occupants of the RV.. I Pray they are okay !!
I understand the RV had a blowout on the front? Can any one confirm this?
Thanks
Informed Friend

Chattanooga, TN

#2 Nov 10, 2010
Apparently a tie rod end broke allowing no ability to steer the vehicle. Both passengers have made a full recovery. The driver has 4 fractures in his leg and a severed ear, and the other was laying between 2 couches in the RV and was not terribly injured.

God was definitely with them through this tragedy.
Diane

Montgomery, TX

#3 Nov 17, 2010
Thanks so much for the update... they were in my prayers... we have the exact same coach hence the interest on how it happened ? Where is the coach today.. do you know?
I am sooo happy to hear they are recovering well...such a tragedy !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Candler County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two men charged with murder in Candler County (Jun '13) Jun '16 Perry herbert 13
News Ausbon to run for sheriff (Feb '08) Dec '14 Yeah 311
News GBI seeks info on body found in Candler (Jun '13) Jan '14 tasha walsh crack... 2
News Metter has big plans for K-8 school (Aug '10) Aug '10 GET REAL 1
News Metter Livestock Auction barn burns (Dec '09) Feb '10 Betsy 2
US man, Gabe Watson, who has been charged with ... (Oct '08) Oct '08 Amy 1
News School awarded $216,000 grant (Sep '08) Sep '08 a cracker 2
More from around the web