Police Find Apartment Full Of Stolen Goods

Dec 14, 2009 Full story: WCPO-TV9 Cincinnati 59

Newport police have recovered eleven thousand dollars in stolen goods at an apartment.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
dude

Latonia, KY

#1 Dec 15, 2009
Hang Them on the square

“Frontline Of RainbowCoalition”

Since: Feb 08

newport,ky

#2 Dec 15, 2009
So this guy got charged with receiving stolen property under 500 dollars and the arresting officer has the same rare last name. hmmmm

Since: May 09

Newport Ky

#3 Dec 15, 2009
James Wilder wrote:
So this guy got charged with receiving stolen property under 500 dollars and the arresting officer has the same rare last name. hmmmm
Really? Where did you get this info from? can you link us?
Thanks

“Frontline Of RainbowCoalition”

Since: Feb 08

newport,ky

#4 Dec 15, 2009
The Campbell County Detention Center website. I'd directly link you but they update it all the time and links change to other inmates.

http://www.campbellcounty.ky.gov/county/campb...

“Frontline Of RainbowCoalition”

Since: Feb 08

newport,ky

#5 Dec 15, 2009
I noticed he got a 60 day sentence which is strange too. They usually throw the hammer at people with the same charge. He might have dropped some names but it looks like a case of who you know.

Since: May 09

Newport Ky

#6 Dec 16, 2009
James Wilder wrote:
I noticed he got a 60 day sentence which is strange too. They usually throw the hammer at people with the same charge. He might have dropped some names but it looks like a case of who you know.
Hmmm seems like he got off easy to me too.
He may have just been the guy holding the stuff. Like you said he may have given up the names of the people actually committing the burglaries in exchange for a lite sentence.
Threaten some with a few years and they will give up their mother :P

Since: May 09

Newport Ky

#7 Dec 16, 2009
After thinking about it, he may even be the guy that lead to the raid.
nptwildcatmom

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#8 Dec 16, 2009
I don't believe that Officer Brady Buemi is related to Michael Buemi - maybe distant cousins. There is another Buemi family that is from Newport that is unrelated to either of these families - strange I know - but true. Why does have everything have to be a conspiracy? Was what he hand in his hands under $500.00 when he was stopped? I thought Officer Collins said there was $ 11,000.00 or $ 12,000.00 worth of items in the apartment? I take it they are not charging him with that. I am glad that the people who were robbed will be getting their merchandise back.
nptwildcatmom

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#9 Dec 16, 2009
I stand corrected - they are more closely related than I thought - but Brady can not help who is relatives are nor is he responsible for them.

Since: May 09

Newport Ky

#10 Dec 16, 2009
nptwildcatmom wrote:
I don't believe that Officer Brady Buemi is related to Michael Buemi - maybe distant cousins. There is another Buemi family that is from Newport that is unrelated to either of these families - strange I know - but true. Why does have everything have to be a conspiracy? Was what he hand in his hands under $500.00 when he was stopped? I thought Officer Collins said there was $ 11,000.00 or $ 12,000.00 worth of items in the apartment? I take it they are not charging him with that. I am glad that the people who were robbed will be getting their merchandise back.
I don't think anyone suggested a conspiracy.
It was just noted that the arrest resulted in a lighter then expected charge and sentence.
It may be that after all the facts are known the charge and sentence are perfectly reasonable.
nptwildcatmom

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#11 Dec 16, 2009
Okay, so maybe not a conspiracy - but the comment was "So this guy got charged with receiving stolen property under 500 dollars and the arresting officer has the same rare last name. hmmmm".
He hasn't been sentenced for anything yet - only charged and who knows maybe they amend those charges before he even gets to court.
Only time will tell and hopefully some justice is delivered.
what

Erlanger, KY

#12 Dec 17, 2009
nptwildcatmom wrote:
Okay, so maybe not a conspiracy - but the comment was "So this guy got charged with receiving stolen property under 500 dollars and the arresting officer has the same rare last name. hmmmm".
He hasn't been sentenced for anything yet - only charged and who knows maybe they amend those charges before he even gets to court.
Only time will tell and hopefully some justice is delivered.
They are brothers to be exact!
nptwildcatmom

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#13 Dec 17, 2009
No they are not - Brady and Michael are uncle/nephew.
what

Erlanger, KY

#14 Dec 17, 2009
nptwildcatmom wrote:
No they are not - Brady and Michael are uncle/nephew.
Dont think so Brady;s dad is Big MIke and his brother is Mike,jr and Mike Jr. has a son mike also! Better check the family tree
nptwildcatmom

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

#15 Dec 18, 2009
Brady is respsonsible for Brady and Michael is responsible for Michael, regarless of their family ties.
I was reading too much into a post and was ready to defend Brady.

“Frontline Of RainbowCoalition”

Since: Feb 08

newport,ky

#16 Dec 18, 2009
nptwildcatmom wrote:
Brady is respsonsible for Brady and Michael is responsible for Michael, regarless of their family ties.
I was reading too much into a post and was ready to defend Brady.
So you trying to say he didn't put in a good word? I don't care because I understand helping family out when you can. People mess up and most sentences are unfair. People are doing more than two months for repeated public intoxication and they never broke in a single persons home. I know a guy that took the wrap for a girl who stole something out of someones house when the door was unlocked and he's doing 5 years in the pen. Connections help and to deny it is silly. It's helped me a few times. People are people regardless of the job they hold.

Since: May 09

Newport Ky

#17 Dec 18, 2009
James Wilder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you trying to say he didn't put in a good word? I don't care because I understand helping family out when you can. People mess up and most sentences are unfair. People are doing more than two months for repeated public intoxication and they never broke in a single persons home. I know a guy that took the wrap for a girl who stole something out of someones house when the door was unlocked and he's doing 5 years in the pen. Connections help and to deny it is silly. It's helped me a few times. People are people regardless of the job they hold.
I agree but I dont know how much influence this cop has, but I applaud the arrest. He could have just turned his back.
I really doubt any undue manipulation of the system as arrest cases involving family members are watched pretty closely.
He may have gotten an even better deal had a family member not been involved in his arrest
who

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Dec 22, 2009
Newport Chatter wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree but I dont know how much influence this cop has, but I applaud the arrest. He could have just turned his back.
I really doubt any undue manipulation of the system as arrest cases involving family members are watched pretty closely.
He may have gotten an even better deal had a family member not been involved in his arrest
Who watches these types of situations? not the npd or someone else would of made the arrest. Not the prosecutor office unless it is brought to their attention prior to court. most pds have rules against arresting family members. James Wilder should be commended for bringing this to the light of day. Has anyone else been chargedwith the 11,000 of property?
nptrules

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Dec 22, 2009
nptwildcatmom wrote:
Brady is respsonsible for Brady and Michael is responsible for Michael, regarless of their family ties.
I was reading too much into a post and was ready to defend Brady.
Brady doesnot need any help defending himself.
He knows that through long and small phil l has his back.

Since: May 09

Newport Ky

#20 Dec 22, 2009
who wrote:
<quoted text> Who watches these types of situations? not the npd or someone else would of made the arrest.
Not the prosecutor office unless it is brought to their attention prior to court.
Yes the NPD and the Prosecutors office both looks at theses types of arrests.
As for someone else arresting him, it depends on the circumstance.
who wrote:
<quoted text>
most pds have rules against arresting family members.
Not true. Most pds have rules against investigating family members, NOT against arresting them. There is a big difference.
who wrote:
<quoted text>
James Wilder should be commended for bringing this to the light of day. Has anyone else been chargedwith the 11,000 of property?
Since this involved more counties then one, and may be an ongoing investigation, I don't know.
It may be that no one gets charged with receiving the items. That doesn't infer any impropriety. It could be that rather then someone being charged with receiving stolen property, someone ends up charged with the actual thefts.

If something improper was going on, don't you think someone else would made the arrest?
If your going to assume the NPD to be crooked at least don't assume them stupid :P

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Newport gym teacher accused of sexually abusinga Nov 24 5644567 2
Campbell County Music Forum (Mar '13) Oct '14 Musikologist 6
Teacher Arrested For Sexual Abuse (Jan '09) Oct '14 dman3626 2
Special taxing districts to get scrutiny (Jun '12) May '14 Fed up 3
preventing sex abuse in campbell county, ky (Feb '14) Apr '14 concerned 3
Weather spotters wanted (Mar '14) Mar '14 Question 1
Fort Thomas library hosts culture concert series (Jan '14) Feb '14 illuminaTI 2
More from around the web