Deer-management: Pa. Game Commission ...

Deer-management: Pa. Game Commission approves audit

There are 13 comments on the Evening Sun story from Apr 10, 2008, titled Deer-management: Pa. Game Commission approves audit. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Dan Moul used to hunt near Sinnemahoning in northcentral part of the state, but he stopped going a few years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Rayray

Uniontown, PA

#1 Apr 13, 2008
The game commission doesnt try for compromise between the hunter interests and the timber and audobahn society desires. Its a one way street and hunters are the odd man out. Might funny when the are the ones who pay the bills and have the least say with the clowns at pgc.

That clown states cant please everyone. But theres a helluva lotta room between where we were at when the herd was at its highest and the pathetic state it is in currently. Many areas were reduced that needed ZERO reduction, others needed some, but got overkill.
GNL

Falls Church, VA

#2 Apr 14, 2008
The Game comission doesn't need to please everyone, but they should try to please or at least apease the hunters. The hunter are the ones that pay all the game comission bills. I being a hunter and avid outdoorsman, speak to a lot of others in our state. Most who used to hunt upstate, don't anymore because of the lack of the deer herd. As I have stated in an earlier post on this subject, the size of the herd even where I hunt locally in Adams county has diminished quite a lot. Deer management does not mean destruction! Take it back to bucks only and then only 2 days of doe for a few years. Lets get the herd back up again.
RAYRAY

Uniontown, PA

#3 Apr 15, 2008
You got that right bro. The deer have been reduced pretty much statewide. I dont know of any portion of the state outside of urban areas that has as many deer now or even close to what it did 10 years ago.

Even the southwest with the best habitat in the state and suffered little to no deer damage of the habitat, the herd was cut over 50% to what the lesser areas of the state SHOULD have.

We pay the bills like you said, we also pay for management of the nongame animals and carry out the management on the deer herd and we are treated as if we dont matter at all and our ranks are being diminished and they dont seem to care one lick.
dave

Broadview Heights, OH

#4 May 22, 2008
The Game commission is in bed with the bio-diversity nuts and the forestry industry. These tow groups are the reason that the deer have been eliminated to such a low level. The forest industry needs little to no deer so that new oaks and cherries will re-grow which is their future bread and butter. The biodiversity nuts want fewer deer so that the spotted finch and other species can increase in numbers. This makes the delusional, liberal, agnostic greenies feel good about themselves and morally superior to those around them.
Paul Pine

Waynesboro, PA

#5 Jun 21, 2008
the deer management is all over kill if u want more buck then why kill more doe's chances the older does carry the load of the deer population and killin them off is freakin gay i wounder who got blowed to make the crap get approved
Ralph

Uniontown, PA

#6 Jul 6, 2008
Very nice of them to "approve" the audit seeing as how THEY HAD NO SAY IN THE MATTER!

It was a legislative mandate, not a game commission decision. The audit will happen wether they like it or not.

Real shame that crooked organization has to be audited, petitioned and sued in attempt for citizens of Pa to get proper management of our deer herd!
biggun blair co

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Oct 16, 2008
back be for the lame brain plan there use to be deer all over the place now you see more mice in the woods than deer for the last five years I have sat in that tree an seen 0 a total of about 60 hrs great job GAME COMMISSION
Ralph

Uniontown, PA

#9 Oct 27, 2008
Pgc is made up of a bunch of scamartist fraudulent idiots.
Dante

Uniontown, PA

#10 Nov 20, 2008
Total dipshits they are! All time low approval rating, lower than any management agency in the country without a doubt. Id say about 5% approval being generous.
Chris Denem

Butler, PA

#11 Feb 15, 2009
Right on here! Something needs to be done with the Game Commissions current policies on deer managent for sure. Their comments are a real kick. Like less deer mean healthier dear and they can't please every one. Are they kidding? Less human/deer run ins? Is this what it's all about? Extermination or near depletion of a wonderful animal to satisfy some one? They're openly admitting they're in the pocket of the insurance companies and self proclaimed elitist minority archery hunters ( not all bow hunters). A blind person can see this! They sold their scam to the younger and naive generation to claim support for the over harvest of antlerless deer along with bogus antler restrictions. The average working man with little time and would just like to shoot "a buck" (not a doe) and business merchants/stores all through out PA have been sold down the drain by this ridiculous outfit called the "Game Comission". They should be abolished by our finer and honest politicians! The sooner the better!
PROOF OF FRAUD DEER PLAN

Uniontown, PA

#12 Oct 26, 2010
Rick

Chicago, IL

#13 Feb 28, 2011
Pa hunting is a joke
Rick H

Chicago, IL

#14 Feb 28, 2011
Pa deer hunting sucks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cameron County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
blue house in castle garden (Jul '08) Mar '13 luke romanowski 3
News Suspect Arrested In Shugar Murders (Jun '10) Jun '10 citizen 6
News Update on Wykoff Run Closure (Nov '08) Nov '08 dca 1
US man, Gabe Watson, who has been charged with ... (Oct '08) Oct '08 Amy 1
Train (Jul '06) Jul '06 Jason 1
More from around the web