Stepped-Up Highway Patrols Net Mariju...

Stepped-Up Highway Patrols Net Marijuana, $250,000 In Cash

There are 157 comments on the WJXT story from Nov 29, 2007, titled Stepped-Up Highway Patrols Net Marijuana, $250,000 In Cash. In it, WJXT reports that:

“The interdiction effort we make here benefits all Georgians by helping to stem the tide of criminal activity that seeks to flood our neighborhoods”

A multiagency, four-day campaign to catch offenders on southeast Georgia highways netted several arrests, 60 pounds of marijuana and more than $250,000 in cash, according to the Camden County Sheriff's Office. via WJXT

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJXT.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Sep 07

United States

#1 Nov 30, 2007
Anyone going to news conference?
Anonymous

United States

#2 Nov 30, 2007
Bill's Asset accounts must be getting low.
just say it

United States

#4 Nov 30, 2007
Does it really hurt yall that some good is being done?
lil dipper

Norridgewock, ME

#5 Nov 30, 2007
just say it wrote:
Does it really hurt yall that some good is being done?
Who financed the fuel for this little fishing expidition, BTW had to borrow to make payroll, so somebody is lying thru there dumb arses, We maybe country out here, but we damn sure not stupid, you will see when the 2008 polls close.
just say it

United States

#6 Nov 30, 2007
lil dipper wrote:
<quoted text>
Who financed the fuel for this little fishing expidition, BTW had to borrow to make payroll, so somebody is lying thru there dumb arses, We maybe country out here, but we damn sure not stupid, you will see when the 2008 polls close.
Who went fishing? This is about money, narcotics and a good job by the Sheriff. What are you talking about??????

Since: May 07

United States

#7 Nov 30, 2007
Lowndes county paid for gas at Citgo with a county credit card. Lowndes county credit card.

seen it myself, so the gas was bought by the agency they came from, not Camden.
lil dipper

Norridgewock, ME

#8 Nov 30, 2007
your dummer than a wagon load of hog poop, All the bell's and whisles on I-95 isn't noting but political hogwash, and I'm sure that Camden Co taxpayers bought all of the fuel wasted in that endeavor, which was quite a bit.The dumb leader had to borrow funds to make payroll, yet they can support this dog and pony show, they parked the personel for the last 3 weeks, to put a squeeze on the county coffers, and I bet more drugs and money got by them than they got off the streets, so call it good if you want. I say its polliticts as usual, and polecat journalism.
And by the way, nice job for all that was involved, isn't that what you are being paid to do anyway?
just say it

United States

#9 Nov 30, 2007
Rick Rogers wrote:
Lowndes county paid for gas at Citgo with a county credit card. Lowndes county credit card.
seen it myself, so the gas was bought by the agency they came from, not Camden.
Does Rick answer questions honestly? Rick, you have a 100% vote YES from me on this one.
just say it

United States

#10 Nov 30, 2007
lil dipper wrote:
your dummer than a wagon load of hog poop, All the bell's and whisles on I-95 isn't noting but political hogwash, and I'm sure that Camden Co taxpayers bought all of the fuel wasted in that endeavor, which was quite a bit.The dumb leader had to borrow funds to make payroll, yet they can support this dog and pony show, they parked the personel for the last 3 weeks, to put a squeeze on the county coffers, and I bet more drugs and money got by them than they got off the streets, so call it good if you want. I say its polliticts as usual, and polecat journalism.
And by the way, nice job for all that was involved, isn't that what you are being paid to do anyway?
Oh, yeah, well your dumber than a pig in pig slop that was conjured up by your mama.
Also that's it for me when it come to you, lil doo doo, I feel that my front teeth are beginning to buck.
truth is justice

North Anson, ME

#11 Nov 30, 2007
This was a great way to replace the money that was stolen from Ciscos house. Is it coincidental that the campaign started right after Ciscos money went missing
lil dipper

Norridgewock, ME

#14 Nov 30, 2007
just say it wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, yeah, well your dumber than a pig in pig slop that was conjured up by your mama.
Also that's it for me when it come to you, lil doo doo, I feel that my front teeth are beginning to buck.
hey you hogwashed heatheren, pull the tapes from the Sub-station and main jail pumps and see how much fuel was pumped into that operation, miss know it all, pull them, pic's don't lie, Rick said he saw one of the Other agency's at the citgo, pull the tapes smart ass, tell me about the ones that fueled on our tax money. GSP how many

United States

#16 Nov 30, 2007
Jay Moreno wrote:
"Blue Lightning" my butt!
Futile red herring is more like it.
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories...
Did you notice that the by line on this one is definitelt NOT Gordon Jackson?
Dang, Old Bill needs to go to Hollywood and produce and direct some movies. He sure is good at it.

United States

#17 Nov 30, 2007
lil dipper wrote:
<quoted text>
Bringing the other counties in made it hard for GBI, whoever, to keep the drug money from Bill. I know he is mad because he is having to share. That drug money needs to go into escrow until they finish the investigation and please please do an audit.
Rebel Dawg

Jacksonville, FL

#18 Nov 30, 2007
Can anyone say let's deflect the negative publicity? This whole operation was to put some positive spin on the sheriff, and get his face in the paper. Not to mention a press conference to boot !!!!!!!!!! Hell yea!!!!
CV XX IV

White House, TN

#19 Nov 30, 2007
Why would anyone have a problem with a successful drug interdiction operation, regardless of who gets the money or credit?

Funny...when Camden S.O. was tearing I-95 up, half of the same crowd who now rip the Sheriff were bragging about "How Camden seizes all that drug money".

If you're against Bill Smith, fine. Leave those deputies who are trying to do their best...for both their Sheriff and their county....out of it.

It takes a good-sized set of stones to work that Interstate. And it takes a good eye, keen intellect, and good "Spider-Sense" to find the drugs and money. Give credit where credit is due.
Tax Payer 4 the Truth

United States

#20 Nov 30, 2007
Amen
BUT WHAT ABOUT ME

Norridgewock, ME

#21 Nov 30, 2007
CV XX IV wrote:
Why would anyone have a problem with a successful drug interdiction operation, regardless of who gets the money or credit?
Funny...when Camden S.O. was tearing I-95 up, half of the same crowd who now rip the Sheriff were bragging about "How Camden seizes all that drug money".
If you're against Bill Smith, fine. Leave those deputies who are trying to do their best...for both their Sheriff and their county....out of it.
It takes a good-sized set of stones to work that Interstate. And it takes a good eye, keen intellect, and good "Spider-Sense" to find the drugs and money. Give credit where credit is due.
But if they leave them alone what are they going to bitch about?
J More Men Oh

United States

#22 Nov 30, 2007
Jay Moreno wrote:
From the Simper Fido press release, BTW says:
"The interdiction effort we make here benefits all Georgians by helping to stem the tide of criminal activity that seeks to flood our neighborhoods," Smith said in a statement issued on Thursday.
Really, you lying sack? Then why do you NEVER target the northbound cars with only the dope, not the cash?
Isn't your operation more about preventing cash from making it to Florida than keeping drugs out of Georgia?
Does 80lbs of marijuana not count?
Marion

United States

#24 Nov 30, 2007
I used to think that Gordon Jackson was the fairest and objective reporter in the area. Now I believe he is selective about what he reports and repeats hearsay.
I know two poeple that were at the comissioner's meeting that said no shoving was done.
johnny wishbone

Norridgewock, ME

#26 Dec 1, 2007
Operation Blue Lightning

Seems appropriate. If you struck a match around
BTW - Operation Blue Flame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No title (Apr '08) May '16 billmelater 11
St Marys Railroad Museum and Model Railroad clu... Mar '16 Mjs 1
SpacePort Camden is not happening people Feb '16 dontdoit 1
News Kingsland Mayor Kenneth Smith re-elected by wha... (Nov '15) Feb '16 Kenya Man 4
SMPD raises officer pay! when will CCSO do the ... (Jan '15) Jan '16 Jay 4 Sheriff 3
News Spaceport coming to Southeast Georgia? (Jul '15) Jul '15 anaon 2
News Georgia residents don't have to travel far to b... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Resident 1
More from around the web