Police: Pa. man was digging pot plant...

Police: Pa. man was digging pot plant at arrest

There are 13 comments on the Kansas City Star story from Sep 8, 2009, titled Police: Pa. man was digging pot plant at arrest. In it, Kansas City Star reports that:

Police jailed a western Pennsylvania man who was allegedly digging up a marijuana plant in his yard as officers arrived to arrest him on unrelated theft charges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas City Star.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

King Of Prussia, PA

#1 Sep 8, 2009
All he had to do was say the pot plant was his neighbor's, and that he stole it. The cops might have believed him in view of everything.

Since: Aug 09

Pinetops, NC

#2 Sep 8, 2009
That must have been one huge plant ! Or he was just meant to get busted ! LOL!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3 Sep 8, 2009
writewingproxycontin wrote:
All he had to do was say the pot plant was his neighbor's, and that he stole it. The cops might have believed him in view of everything.
Reminds me of the alibi around here that got someone in trouble. "Your Honor, I couldn't have broken into the warehouse that night because I was busy burglarizing a school on the other end of town."

carlyg

“Is this a vork?”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4 Sep 8, 2009
Wait till they find out it was just a hemp plant!

Pinetops, NC

#5 Sep 8, 2009
carlyg wrote:
Wait till they find out it was just a hemp plant!
Yeah , as soon as they realize they are not craving those donuts as much ....

Location hidden

#6 Sep 8, 2009
Smartypantz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah. Now that the budget is cut, I guess that is what will replace the lab work. Anything that gets the officers stoned is illegal.
gloria

Anaheim, CA

#7 Sep 8, 2009
Of course he was diggin' it. Must have been some good stuff............

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#8 Sep 8, 2009
Alright,I'll admit that looks suspicious.
Phester OBoyle

Dexter, MI

#9 Sep 8, 2009
Smartypantz wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you mean DOHNUTS?
j-dog

Kansas City, MO

#10 Sep 9, 2009
Leave him alone,that was parsely.

Pinetops, NC

#11 Sep 9, 2009
Phester OBoyle wrote:
<quoted text>Did you mean DOHNUTS?
LOL!

“Where the locals can't spell”

Since: Sep 09

Chipatooth, Arkansas

#12 Oct 19, 2009
So if he was stoned at the time, and he felt paranoin as he was digging, then the paranoia was justified, right? Oh, I just smoked some good hashish.

Location hidden

#13 Oct 19, 2009
I also remember a guy who brought the wrong witness to court. He was sitting in court awaiting trial for burglary or something when a couple of sheriff's officers came up to where he was sitting and arrested his witness. His witness was a wanted criminal and showed up in court. As for the guy on trial, well, he tried unsuccessfully to get the case continued, but the judge was quite helpful. He said that if his witness was needed, he could have him called from jail. He was concerned about his credibility. If your witness is a criminal, what does that say about things? Well, the judge asked where he was when the crime happened, and he said he was in a bar, giving the name of the bar. So the judge excused himself for a few minutes and came back to tell the man that the charges were dropped. The judge was able to reach another witness - the bartender who served him the night of the crime.

And there was the case where the man was in court for drug possession. I didn't like how his attorney handled it. Without being asked by the prosecutor, he volunteered harmful information about his client. "Well, he says he had it for medical reasons but he had no prescription for it." The judge made a silly comment. "If you can prove you will die in the next 5 minutes, I'll let you smoke a joint in my courtroom."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cambria County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Genealogy Help Nov 17 genebug83 1
News 'It's time to drain the swamp' says Donald Trum... Oct '16 YouDidntBuildThat 1
News 33 charged in Johnstown heroin investigation (Apr '16) May '16 Raydot 2
News Erie lawmaker: Gov. Wolf bullying constituents (Apr '16) Apr '16 Dem Committee Member 11
News Ex-APD officer faces drug charges (Oct '15) Oct '15 Who 1
News In rural Pennsylvania, heroin easier to get tha... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Team Corbett Sand... 1
News America's fastest shrinking cities (Apr '14) Apr '14 GTFO 1
More from around the web