Cambria bridges slated for repairs

Cambria bridges slated for repairs

There are 2 comments on the The Tribune-Democrat story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Cambria bridges slated for repairs. In it, The Tribune-Democrat reports that:

The 105-year-old Dean Bridge - a steel truss bridge similar to one that collapsed in December - will be replaced, but not for two years, according to the Cambria County commissioners. via The Tribune-Democrat

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tribune-Democrat.

heather

Bellwood, PA

#1 Feb 7, 2008
I used to jump off that bridge when i was 12 or 13 it was fun i used to go under it when i wanted to swim. that was the fishing/ i need to get away from the house spot. there where 5kids in the town of dysart ...... my sister and brother and me plus 2 other girls... .so it was a town where everyone found there own thing to do..... and there own special get away spot. nothing like a warm sunny spring day sit up against the tree or by the creek..... listen to the water and the animals...... peace......i have been wanting to stop there since i was 18 i am now 27....
Rick

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Jun 3, 2008
Yeah, Heather, I know what you mean. The creek was a the right spot to take advantage of what makes living around that area good. I remember running from my house up rt. 53 to the bridge and across to the other side and back home via Kolak rd. It's good that it's getting replaced, since it's pretty creaky, but kind of sad that we won't have any steel truss bridges like this left. Other places have restored theirs, but that money is probably better spent for schools and the like.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cambria County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 33 charged in Johnstown heroin investigation May '16 Raydot 2
News Erie lawmaker: Gov. Wolf bullying constituents Apr '16 Dem Committee Member 11
News Ex-APD officer faces drug charges (Oct '15) Oct '15 Who 1
News In rural Pennsylvania, heroin easier to get tha... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Team Corbett Sand... 1
News America's fastest shrinking cities (Apr '14) Apr '14 GTFO 1
News Cambria turns to layoffs, loans to make ends meet (Oct '08) Feb '14 Marti 6
News Woodvale drug bust nets two (Dec '13) Dec '13 Johnstown Junkies 1
More from around the web