State to examine reports on 216 bridges like one that caved in ...

There are 6 comments on the Dec 8, 2007, The Morning Call story titled State to examine reports on 216 bridges like one that caved in .... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The state will review the inspection records of 216 bridges with designs similar to a 116-year-old, single-lane bridge in Cambria County that collapsed after a snow plow truck drove over it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

snowman Bath PA

Annapolis, MD

#1 Dec 8, 2007
Hey FAT EDDIE, I thought we just had all the bridges inspected? Or is this another Pendot foulup like last Feb? Can't you get responsible people with all the money you are paying for people to do NOTHING? Why don't you resign, you are not a good leader.
Max Lampenfeld

Bangor, PA

#2 Dec 8, 2007
This bridge is less than a mile from my boyhood home. I used to swim beneath the bridge. The article in the paper shows a picture. How do I get the picture on-line?
Bethlehem Friend

Croydon, PA

#3 Dec 8, 2007
Did you bother to read the article?... Are you CAPABLE of reading an article? It was inspected in July. It was structurally deficient, and obsolete. The truck was probably overweight, plus the weight of the snow. And mind you, what did Rendell's predecessor do for our roads? Not a damn thing if I can recall correctly. Do you WANT new roads? Then dont complain when all of our taxes skyrocket. Either do something constructive, allow something constructive to occur,(Even if it hurts us financially), or shut up. The choice is all ours.
snowman Bath PA wrote:
Hey FAT EDDIE, I thought we just had all the bridges inspected? Or is this another Pendot foulup like last Feb? Can't you get responsible people with all the money you are paying for people to do NOTHING? Why don't you resign, you are not a good leader.
PILLOWS THE SPACE CLOWN

Hazleton, PA

#4 Dec 10, 2007
One more bridge Sean Brown will not be able to bungee jump from.
Bucks County resident

Temple, PA

#5 Dec 10, 2007
Well, that's one less deficient bridge PennDOT has to worry about fixing. If you wait long long enough, the problem goes away on its own ... by collapsing.

I like those PennDOT bridges with the concrete parapets that all the concrete has spalled off leaving only a single piece of rebar standing.

“Howdy, Ya'll!”

Since: Feb 07

Allentown

#6 Dec 10, 2007
snowman Bath PA wrote:
Do you blame your heartburn on "Fat Eddie" too? How about the weather - is Eddie in charge of that, too??

It amazes me how far some folks will go to find fault with Rendell. I realize he's no saint, but expecting the man to patch up 216 bridges singlehandedly is pretty ridiculous.

Our insane method of handling bridge maintenance and repair is not Ed's fault alone - there's a whole long history of mismanagment of PA roads, and Ed is just the latest in a long line of incompetent fools to man the ship.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cambria County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In rural Pennsylvania, heroin easier to get tha... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Team Corbett Sand... 1
News America's fastest shrinking cities (Apr '14) Apr '14 GTFO 1
News Cambria turns to layoffs, loans to make ends meet (Oct '08) Feb '14 Marti 6
News Woodvale drug bust nets two (Dec '13) Dec '13 Johnstown Junkies 1
News Police: Man breaks into westerna (Aug '13) Aug '13 openeyed 5
News York's Distinguished Young Woman focuses on edu... (Jul '13) Jul '13 lady 2
News Community Relations Questioned During NAACP Forum (Aug '12) Jan '13 Chukka Boot 6
More from around the web