Johnstown bullet plant to create 250 new jobs

Jan 20, 2011 Full story: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review 6

An investment group plans to build a $12 million plant in Johnstown to manufacture 9 mm bullets, which it says will create 250 jobs in Cambria County.

Full Story
rpronan

Johnstown, PA

#1 Jan 21, 2011
That is what we need more of.
rpronan

Johnstown, PA

#2 Jan 21, 2011
rpronan wrote:
That is what we need more of.
Bullets !
rpronan

Johnstown, PA

#3 Jan 21, 2011
More jobs yes. More bullets no.
Sgtb

United States

#4 Jan 21, 2011
When the bullets are shipped overseas to our military men and women to defend this country I'm sure you won't be complaining.
rpronan

United States

#5 Jan 30, 2011
Sgtb wrote:
When the bullets are shipped overseas to our military men and women to defend this country I'm sure you won't be complaining.
Is that where they are going ? Lots of defense work here I know.
rpronan

United States

#6 Jan 30, 2011
That approval will allow the investors to move ahead with construction of a 30,000-square-foot plant in the Rosedale tract in Johnstown, he said. The state grant will be provided only once the plant is in operation, he said.

"We are doing this project for two reasons. One, Johnstown is in desperate need for good manufacturing jobs. And second, there is a void in this country relative to 9 mm bullets. We are here to fill that void -- a market niche -- that this country needs," he said. Taken from Pittsburgh tribune review does not sound like they are going overseas for military use to me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cambria County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In rural Pennsylvania, heroin easier to get tha... Sep '14 Team Corbett Sand... 1
America's fastest shrinking cities (Apr '14) Apr '14 GTFO 1
Cambria turns to layoffs, loans to make ends meet (Oct '08) Feb '14 Marti 6
Woodvale drug bust nets two (Dec '13) Dec '13 Johnstown Junkies 1
Police: Man breaks into westerna (Aug '13) Aug '13 openeyed 5
York's Distinguished Young Woman focuses on edu... (Jul '13) Jul '13 lady 2
Community Relations Questioned During NAACP Forum (Aug '12) Jan '13 Chukka Boot 6
More from around the web