Inmate escape leads to two arrests

Inmate escape leads to two arrests

There are 29 comments on the The Paducah Sun Online Edition story from Jun 21, 2010, titled Inmate escape leads to two arrests. In it, The Paducah Sun Online Edition reports that:

Idenity theft apparently was the method of escape that a Calloway County Jail inmate used to escape.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Paducah Sun Online Edition.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Holy CACA

Murray, KY

#1 Jun 21, 2010
NICE!!!!!!!!!!
lol

Frankfort, KY

#2 Jun 22, 2010
Too Funny. The jail staff sound about as smart and competent as those who work at the hospital.
paul

Secaucus, NJ

#3 Jun 22, 2010
good, im glad
Holy CACA

Murray, KY

#4 Jun 22, 2010
Obviously the jail people dont give a crap or they would keep a closer eye on it and did these ppl really think they wldnt get caught and they stayed in murray retards
Jerry Springer

Waterloo, IA

#5 Jun 25, 2010
Way to go KSP and Murray PD for your part in getting this guy.

Also, congrats to the Sheriff's Office for being able to dial out to the KSP and the Murray PD.
Phil Donahue

Murray, KY

#6 Jul 8, 2010
Jerry Springer wrote:
Way to go KSP and Murray PD for your part in getting this guy.
Also, congrats to the Sheriff's Office for being able to dial out to the KSP and the Murray PD.
I don't get it.
Whatev

White Plains, KY

#7 Jul 8, 2010
He was inferring that the Sheriffs Office was in some way responsible for either a) letting the guy out; or b) mishandling the investigation into the escape. Both points are erroneous as a) Kentucky State Police investigates all escapes from jails and b) the escapee never left the City of Murray. I would venture to say that the person who posted this is not from the Commonwealth, and therefore is unaware that the Jail is not run by the Sheriffs Office.
Anon

Murray, KY

#8 Jul 9, 2010
True he never left Murray, but that was not known. Sheriff's Office also handed it over because possible addresses he was at were out of the county.
HAHA

United States

#9 Jul 11, 2010
I think the one who found ans arrested the escapee was from the Sheriff's Office JUST SAYING
Seriously

United States

#10 Jul 11, 2010
Wrong. Murray PD made the arrest.
Know the Facts

Louisville, KY

#11 Jul 11, 2010
lol.... these are too funny.... thanks for the laugh-of-the-day.... anyways... want to update... b.love is out of jail.... and this will soon all be over.... you all keep guessing as to what really happened... you will never figure out how it was pulled off..... lol
Hummm

Mayfield, KY

#12 Jul 11, 2010
Seriously wrote:
Wrong. Murray PD made the arrest.
Wrong. Some KSP detective made the arrest. That is a FACT. They are investigating this.
Yeah Right

United States

#13 Jul 11, 2010
nor does anyone give a rats ass. you dont know anything.
Hummm

Mayfield, KY

#14 Jul 11, 2010
Yeah Right wrote:
nor does anyone give a rats ass. you dont know anything.
How is that?
Yeah Right

United States

#15 Jul 11, 2010
not you. and you are wrong about ksp.
Hummm

Mayfield, KY

#16 Jul 11, 2010
Yeah Right wrote:
not you. and you are wrong about ksp.
so what agency arrested them? Where is your proof? I have mine.
know it all

Wingo, KY

#17 Jul 12, 2010
does this really matter, you people need a life
Yeah Right

United States

#18 Jul 12, 2010
i dont owe you proof of anything and know it all is right. it really doesnt matter because he got put in cuffs. but the officer was not wearing a ksp uniform when it happened.
Know the Facts

Louisville, KY

#19 Jul 12, 2010
does anyone know who the man was that hung himself in the calloway co. jail saturday nite????
talk about a jail making some serious mistakes....
Hummm

Mayfield, KY

#20 Jul 12, 2010
Yeah Right wrote:
i dont owe you proof of anything and know it all is right. it really doesnt matter because he got put in cuffs. but the officer was not wearing a ksp uniform Written by
when it happened.
Hmmm read this, especially the last paragraph......Paducah Sun Staff
Monday, June 21 2010
Idenity theft apparently was the method of escape that a Calloway County Jail inmate used to escape.

Police allege that about 2 a.m. Sunday, inmate Steven A. Beasley used another inmate’s identity to bond himself out of jail. Beasley was being held at the Calloway County jail for drug trafficking in Graves County. Jail staff reported that Beasley’s girlfriend, Brooke Love, picked Beasley up at the jail and left with him, according to Trooper Dean Patterson with the Kentucky State Police.

Kentucky State Police and the Calloway County Sheriff’s Department immediately started an investigation.

Sunday afternoon, troopers and detectives received word that Beasley and Love were at a Murray residence. Officers entered the residence and arrested Beasley and Love.

Beasley, 29 of Murray, was charged with escape 2nd degree, forgery 2nd degree, theft of identity, and theft by unlawful taking under $500. Love, 19 of Murray, was charged with complicity to escape 2nd degree. She was also served with warrants out of Daviess County.

Kentucky State Police were assisted by the Murray Police Department and the Calloway County Sheriff’s Office. Detective Brett Miller with the Kentucky State Police continues the investigation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calloway County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Drug Investigation in Calloway County (Aug '12) Nov 30 Salamander 29
News Are there too many police in Murray? No (Feb '09) Nov '17 Citizenjoe 47
murray walmart is full of a bunch of triffling ... Oct '17 4365jkw 1
Anybody seen Whitney Garner gibson Sep '17 Hvl 1
Is anybody seen Whitney Gibson Sep '17 Howard Langston 1
6th grade pee wee football coaches Sep '17 Jonny Rotten 1
News Commonwealth's Attorney returns to courtroom role (Aug '08) Aug '17 Kurt 26
More from around the web