City To Vote On Packaged Liquor Sales

City To Vote On Packaged Liquor Sales

There are 72 comments on the WPSD-TV Paducah story from Sep 19, 2009, titled City To Vote On Packaged Liquor Sales. In it, WPSD-TV Paducah reports that:

Murray, KY-Thursday was deadline day for a petition on packaged liquor sales in Murray, Kentucky.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPSD-TV Paducah.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Stew Pidasso

Murray, KY

#1 Sep 23, 2009
Looks like those of us who wanted to vote yes may have to wait longer. I heard that the petition was not valid because many of the names were not eligible.
Marie

AOL

#2 Sep 23, 2009
Ya just reading the news Stew my friend? But then you bet Phil to it.:) Which Phil doesnt want liquor stores here so here we goooooo again. LOL
Waiting for your reply Phil.
Russell

Murray, KY

#3 Sep 23, 2009
Stew Pidasso wrote:
Looks like those of us who wanted to vote yes may have to wait longer. I heard that the petition was not valid because many of the names were not eligible.
From what I heard on the news, and if I understand it correctly, the 500 or so were deemed not eligible because they weren't registered to vote in the last election? Doesn't make sense. By that logic, anyone who wasn't registered to vote prior to the presidential election would not have been allowed to vote in 2008's election.

I hope someone can help me understand this or fill me in on what I'm missing...
Phil DaPain

Murray, KY

#4 Sep 23, 2009
Marie wrote:
Ya just reading the news Stew my friend? But then you bet Phil to it.:) Which Phil doesnt want liquor stores here so here we goooooo again. LOL
Screw it, let the liquor stores come. I'll buy you and Stew a 6 pack or a bottle of Jack when they get here. LOL
Phil DaPain

Murray, KY

#5 Sep 24, 2009
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I heard on the news, and if I understand it correctly, the 500 or so were deemed not eligible because they weren't registered to vote in the last election? Doesn't make sense. By that logic, anyone who wasn't registered to vote prior to the presidential election would not have been allowed to vote in 2008's election.
I hope someone can help me understand this or fill me in on what I'm missing...
Im just guessing here but....

Since its a city ordinance that means only city residents can vote on it. I imagine that the only way to prove that those signatures were from actual residents was to check them against voter registration records. Otherwise anyone could sign the petition and claim to be a resident.
Phil

Opelika, AL

#6 Sep 24, 2009
Marie wrote:
Well, I personally don't care about it. Too much bickering about nonsense.
Stew Pidasso

Murray, KY

#7 Sep 24, 2009
Phil is correct. It has nothing to do with them not being registered to vote in the last election. It has to do with them not being city residents. Apparantly the petition was signed by several county residents as well as some who didnt even live in calloway at all. I imagine it will be tried again... soon... and we can listen to Phils rants about not wanting it passed again. I will take that drink though when all is said and done Phil.
Phil DaPain

Murray, KY

#8 Sep 24, 2009
Stew Pidasso wrote:
Phil is correct. It has nothing to do with them not being registered to vote in the last election. It has to do with them not being city residents. Apparantly the petition was signed by several county residents as well as some who didnt even live in calloway at all. I imagine it will be tried again... soon... and we can listen to Phils rants about not wanting it passed again. I will take that drink though when all is said and done Phil.
No rant from me, Im a pro-liquor store person now. Why not right. Why impede progress.
Marie

AOL

#9 Sep 24, 2009
Phil DaPain wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw it, let the liquor stores come. I'll buy you and Stew a 6 pack or a bottle of Jack when they get here. LOL
Cool I will take ya up on that as well. Then that means we will really find out whom each other is and that we DO know each other. Are you FROM Murray Phil, let me ask you that?
stuff

Somerset, KY

#10 Sep 24, 2009
SO an 18yr can vote on an issue they can't even partake in? If all the lazy kids around here would register to vote the shit would pass easily.
Phil

Opelika, AL

#11 Sep 24, 2009
Marie wrote:
<quoted text> Cool I will take ya up on that as well. Then that means we will really find out whom each other is and that we DO know each other. Are you FROM Murray Phil, let me ask you that?
Yes I am
Marie

AOL

#12 Sep 24, 2009
To te PHIL DaPain, Why does the other PHIL keep answering me? LOL
Phil

Opelika, AL

#13 Sep 24, 2009
Marie wrote:
To te PHIL DaPain, Why does the other PHIL keep answering me? LOL
Specify, there's two Phils on here, you're just trying to cause a ruckus.
Phil DaPain

Murray, KY

#14 Sep 24, 2009
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Shes not trying to start anything, did you happen to see the LOL at the end of her post, that usually means someone si trying to be funny. You know, haha.

LOL
Russell

Murray, KY

#15 Sep 24, 2009
Stew Pidasso wrote:
Makes sense to me. The news story didn't mention that part. Thank you, gentlemen.
Phil DaPain

Murray, KY

#16 Sep 24, 2009
Marie wrote:
<quoted text> Cool I will take ya up on that as well. Then that means we will really find out whom each other is and that we DO know each other. Are you FROM Murray Phil, let me ask you that?
Originally, no. Now, yes.
Marie

AOL

#17 Sep 25, 2009
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
I Do specify which Phil Im talking to by hitting the reply on Phil DaPains! If you will go up a few post you will see the post from him that I answered and replied back to him asking him if he was from here! BUT I will be so nice and send the post Im talking about just in case you are confused!
Marie

AOL

#18 Sep 25, 2009
Marie wrote:
Ok if you will read just up above where he wrote and I was answering him. Understanding how this works now??
Marie

AOL

#19 Sep 25, 2009
Hello Phil DAPAIN :) Hope you have a nice weekend. C-ya on here soon when I see something I wanna argue with ya about. LOL LOL Oh wait you understand what that means, I didnt need to do that twice. :)
Phil

Opelika, AL

#20 Sep 25, 2009
Alcohol should be banned nationally actually. There is no need for it. There are regulations on tobacco, to the extent that there is no flavor put into cigarette, eventually the media and the government will make the argument that alcohol kills...and it does.

Alcohol has no place in Murray or the USA, if you can justify alcohol and tobacco having to be in the country, go right ahead and start convincing.

If you can lower yourself to say that we in the USA need alcoholic beverages, you are WEAK and lack self worth. I can live without it and the hardships it brings, the people it has killed, and the families that it has torn apart...that alone should be cause for banning of alcoholic beverages.

There is just no need for it...its plain silly...grow up people and argue about something worth while.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calloway County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Calloway County Music Forum (Feb '13) Nov 20 Musikologist 11
News Commonwealth's Attorney returns to courtroom role (Aug '08) Nov 17 Truth 20
Coldwater Music Thread (Apr '16) Nov 4 Musikologist 3
News Candidates for district judge present their cas... (May '06) Oct '16 Pain 6
doesn't hold weight Jul '16 My View 1
New dealer in town... Jun '16 Mephtastic 2
Anyone know Megan chrisman? Jun '16 Looking 1
More from around the web