Ky. district taps educator as superin...

Ky. district taps educator as superintendent

There are 4 comments on the WDRB-TV Louisville story from May 24, 2010, titled Ky. district taps educator as superintendent. In it, WDRB-TV Louisville reports that:

A southern Kentucky school board has tapped an educator with 40 years of experience as the district's new superintendent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDRB-TV Louisville.

Peter Brady

Murray, KY

#1 Jun 2, 2010
Hmmm... Two years at his last job... Five years at the one before that... Sometimes switching jobs so often can mean that the guy has problems getting along with people.

IMHO, the board should've chosen someone who works for the school system and already has knowledge of the local issues. Of course, that would lessen the board member's ability to influence the guy to their way of thinking because he'd already know as much as they do.

I hope he is a good leader for our school system.
Anonymous Keyboard Tapper

Farmington, KY

#2 Jun 2, 2010
Peter Brady wrote:
IMHO, the board should've chosen someone who works for the school system and already has knowledge of the local issues...
Screw that. The last thing the school board needs is some local yocal crony who doesn't want to upset Mrs. SoAndSo over at East that they go to church with, or Mrs. SnootyBritches who teaches at North whose father they went to school with, or Mr. LeavesAtThree at Southwest, or Mr. CantWaitToGetAnAdminJob at the High School.

The BEST thing about Steve Hoskins was that he "wasn't from around here", and didn't care whose boat he rocked. After witnessing some of the nepotism and local favoritism in the Calloway system, I doubt I could ever support a local for superintendent ever again. I just hope this new guy isn't the total ass kisser like some of them in the past have been.
Reality

Buchanan, TN

#3 Jun 4, 2010
I agree with AKT. Much better to bring someone in not already involved in the local political crap this town is known for. Hopefully he'll have the brass to make decisions that will improve the school and not just to please the "elite" of murray.
Emerson Bigguns

Dunmor, KY

#4 Jun 4, 2010
First thing he needs to do is clean house and get rid of some of the USELESS staff who get paid with my tax dollars are beyond inept/lazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calloway County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tonya seiger Dec '16 alexdander 1
Calloway County Music Forum (Feb '13) Nov '16 Musikologist 11
News Commonwealth's Attorney returns to courtroom role (Aug '08) Nov '16 Truth 20
Coldwater Music Thread (Apr '16) Nov '16 Musikologist 3
News Candidates for district judge present their cas... (May '06) Oct '16 Pain 6
doesn't hold weight (Jul '16) Jul '16 My View 1
New dealer in town... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Mephtastic 2
More from around the web