Grand Jury Indicts Murray Police Officer

Grand Jury Indicts Murray Police Officer

There are 55 comments on the WPSD-TV Paducah story from Aug 25, 2008, titled Grand Jury Indicts Murray Police Officer. In it, WPSD-TV Paducah reports that:

Attorney Ricky Lamkin says Monday's indictment by a Calloway County Grand Jury means his clients family will eventually learn the circumstances surrounding Everett Ray Walker's death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPSD-TV Paducah.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
manners_

Murray, KY

#44 Sep 5, 2008
_no manners wrote:
The lady thanked you, tell her she's welcome.
What are you talking aboot?
OK_Its_Secret_

Murray, KY

#46 Sep 6, 2008
ItsSecret wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like english is not their primary language, please dont be too harsh on them.
You are completely right. Just look at the name... judy. I mean, I can't believe that they did not realize she was probably Chinese, or could be Japanese. What do you think?

By the way, reading some of your posts, you need to relax a bit. Far as I can tell no one elected you "post master".
__OK OK_

AOL

#47 Sep 6, 2008
OK_Its_Secret_ wrote:
<quoted text>

By the way, reading some of your posts, you need to relax a bit. Far as I can tell no one elected you "post master".
Now that was a goooooood one. LOL

Since: Aug 08

Right Behind You!

#48 Sep 6, 2008
OK_Its_Secret_ wrote:
<quoted text>
... By the way, reading some of your posts, you need to relax a bit. Far as I can tell no one elected you "post master".
Maybe not "post master," as you put it; however, he or she is the news page editor for Topix coverage of Murray, KY. If I edited, I would probably feel strongly about the timbre of discussion and want to keep it civil, despite an editor's lack of forum moderator privileges.

In the short time I've read these forums, this is the most I've seen ItsSecret post in a thread. I couldn't grok what Judy meant, either, but interpreted it as a poor grasp of her primary written language.
_cherry_RC

Saint Louis, MO

#49 Sep 6, 2008
Or lack of a primary education? I am just throwing that out there, toss it back if you don't want it.

Nobody has a problem with its_secret. I guess the person replying just thought it was funny that excuses were being made for someone that just has trouble making sense.
_cherry_RC

Saint Louis, MO

#50 Sep 6, 2008
Anyway, I am the Topix moderator from headquarters. So I am the one that decides what goes on in here and in your lives.
I think its funny that our local AOL subscribers think they know what's going on.
OK_Its_Secret_

Murray, KY

#51 Sep 6, 2008
I am not trying to imply anything at ItsSecret. I am just trying to keep either side of these posts about Cooper civil as well by trying to be lighthearted. I can tell he feels strongly about his stance on Cooper. I dont blame him. I am 100% for Cooper as well. I believe that is why he has shown up more on this thread. No hard feelings to anyone. And for judy... i think it was meant to be sarcastic for her to clear up some of what she was trying to say. It was really confusing.

Since: Aug 08

Right Behind You!

#52 Sep 6, 2008
_cherry_RC wrote:
Anyway, I am the Topix moderator from headquarters. So I am the one that decides what goes on in here and in your lives.
I think its funny that our local AOL subscribers think they know what's going on.
Cooool. Will you send me a pony that shoots bees out of its mouth and a side of world peace? Hold the mustard--it clogs my internet pipes.
_cherry_RC

Saint Louis, MO

#53 Sep 6, 2008
No ponies left. Only unicorns that taste like sunshine dust.
I can send that to you if you post your address.

P.S. Mustard is always held. Everyone know you can't mail mustard!!!

Since: Mar 08

Murray,KY

#54 Sep 7, 2008
Geez, you simply try to stand up for someone being criticized because their grammer isnt perfect because of a possible language barrier and all of a sudden Im the bad guy. Besides the fact that people from other countries take american first names all the time when coming to this country. Which means that you cant assume that "Judy" is not of a different background. Not to mention that you can use pretty much anything for a name on here. Do you think my parents named me "ItsSecret"?

Elected me the post master? Excuse me but this is a free country and I can post as many times as I want to on this forum just as any of you can. I dont think that I have been rude or insulting to anyone at anytime on here. If you dont like what I post, dont read it I guess. Thats the choice you have in a free country.

Im sorry if you think I need to calm down. I simpy feel that it is appropriate to defend a law enforcement officer, someone who unselfishly puts their life on the line for me every day whether or not I like them or respect the job they do. Do you have any idea what it must feel like to have to stand in front of someone and do a service for them when you know that they think no more of you than the piece of garbage they just threw away? What it must feel like when you have to give CPR to someone that would rather spit in your face and laugh than shake your hand simply because two weeks ago you had no choice but to arrest them for driving drunk. I think not, because I can only imagine.
OK_Its_Secret_

Murray, KY

#55 Sep 7, 2008
Whoa now big fella... I would ask you to please read post #51. As I said, I am just being lighthearted, not trying to get you worked up. I agree completely with your stance.

Oh, and by the way, it's gramm"A"r. Sorry :)
_Cherry_RC

Saint Louis, MO

#56 Sep 7, 2008
OK and I both said that we were on your side.
WE LOVE YOU ITsSECRET!!! I am sending you a unicorn as well.
Another town

Kendallville, IN

#57 Sep 7, 2008
ItsSecret wrote:
Geez, you simply try to stand up for someone being criticized because their grammer isnt perfect because of a possible language barrier and all of a sudden Im the bad guy. Besides the fact that people from other countries take american first names all the time when coming to this country. Which means that you cant assume that "Judy" is not of a different background. Not to mention that you can use pretty much anything for a name on here. Do you think my parents named me "ItsSecret"?
Elected me the post master? Excuse me but this is a free country and I can post as many times as I want to on this forum just as any of you can. I dont think that I have been rude or insulting to anyone at anytime on here. If you dont like what I post, dont read it I guess. Thats the choice you have in a free country.
Im sorry if you think I need to calm down. I simpy feel that it is appropriate to defend a law enforcement officer, someone who unselfishly puts their life on the line for me every day whether or not I like them or respect the job they do. Do you have any idea what it must feel like to have to stand in front of someone and do a service for them when you know that they think no more of you than the piece of garbage they just threw away? What it must feel like when you have to give CPR to someone that would rather spit in your face and laugh than shake your hand simply because two weeks ago you had no choice but to arrest them for driving drunk. I think not, because I can only imagine.
Dang man. I didn't know it was that bad down there. I thought Murray was supposed to be a great community. I'll stay away. Do people really hate their local police that bad down there? Sounds like you guys got it rough. That is awful! Good luck man.
OK_Its_Secret_

Murray, KY

#58 Sep 7, 2008
Man I told ya to relax a little. Now you're running people off.
81DodgeDart

Saint Louis, MO

#59 Sep 7, 2008
It's nice in Murray! People just like to stir the pot.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calloway County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lochte retires as general manager of Murray Sta... Aug 22 Mark 1
Intern at Primary Care Aug 16 Interested 1
News Calloway Uneasy With Murder Suspect Free (Oct '08) Jul '15 mulberry 263
News Tiptonville inmate captured in Kentucky Jul '15 Chuck visiting 1
Calloway County Music Forum (Feb '13) Jul '15 Musikologist 9
News Murray, Calloway County Drug Bust Leads To Seve... (Oct '07) Jul '15 GoodApollo 137
high school boy beat up by msu football players (Oct '13) Jul '15 fieeug 3
More from around the web