Understanding Why Small Town Election...

Understanding Why Small Town Elections Are Insurmountable to Overcome

There are 8 comments on the Associated Content story from Oct 1, 2010, titled Understanding Why Small Town Elections Are Insurmountable to Overcome. In it, Associated Content reports that:

I think many people believe that local incumbents have such a strong grip on the local citizens that it would be virtually impossible to overthrow any of them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Associated Content.

ron gladden

Murray, KY

#1 Oct 5, 2010
small town elections are difficult but not unsurmountable. hard work and perserverance will endure. murray needs some new faces on the council. younger more progressive minds need to lead the city to the modern era. murray can not continue to be stagnant while other areas grow and progress.
voter

Murray, KY

#2 Oct 6, 2010
ron gladden wrote:
small town elections are difficult but not unsurmountable. hard work and perserverance will endure. murray needs some new faces on the council. younger more progressive minds need to lead the city to the modern era. murray can not continue to be stagnant while other areas grow and progress.
NOT just the city all of the county.we need new blood,this town is ran by family who is stuck in a rut.WILL SOMEONE PLEASE RUN THAT IS NOT PART OF THE CLICK.
voter

Murray, KY

#3 Oct 6, 2010
i may not waste my time in november,if i do vote it won't be for CARROLL had my feel of her.
voter2

Wolcottville, IN

#4 Oct 6, 2010
You are right murray needs all new faces . From the council to the cornor to evrything else . People of Murray get out and vote new blood in lets get the one in ,out and lets start trying to get this town up and ging .
StupidCriminals

Murray, KY

#5 Oct 7, 2010
ron gladden wrote:
You couldnt be more right!!! It's time for Murray to get rid of this ancient city sticker system and vote in a payroll tax!!! Let's make everyone pay their fair share without a LARGE number of people avoiding it. The same people who use city services as much as I do but dont pay for them!!!

Any candidate that is pro-payroll tax gets my vote.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#6 Oct 15, 2010
StupidCriminals wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldnt be more right!!! It's time for Murray to get rid of this ancient city sticker system and vote in a payroll tax!!! Let's make everyone pay their fair share without a LARGE number of people avoiding it. The same people who use city services as much as I do but dont pay for them!!!
Indeed, more taxes please! Thats my desire, tax me for working in Murray! Yes indeedy! Lets employee more city worker and tax them to! Why, maybe we can tax the air we breath! I know.... lets just send our check straight to DC then it can be doled out where it's needed most, after all we are to stupid to handle our own money right! How about more efficent use of moneies already collected, humm! Nah, thats not gonna happen.
Anonymous Keyboard Tapper

Cunningham, KY

#7 Oct 15, 2010
StupidCriminals wrote:
<quoted text>
I can get over people not paying for the sticker easier than I can paying hundreds of dollars more in taxes. You must work for the city.
Heard Enough

United States

#8 Oct 16, 2010
ron gladden wrote:
What do you mean it needs to grow and progress. Murray has grown so much since I moved here in 1974 it is starting to bust at the seams. What is wrong with a medium size town with a relatively small crime rate. Are you just wanting more drinking establishments that you can open up. Some like the small town life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calloway County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Calloway Woman Arrested, Charged With Abuse (Sep '08) Apr 28 BS meter 16
What's going on in Calloway County Schools Apr 14 Soccer mom 3
Carlie Elliot Apr 13 Stacy 6
Coldwater Music Thread Apr 7 Musikologist 1
News Presence of KKK fliers stirs little concern Mar '16 reba 5
Calloway County Music Forum (Feb '13) Feb '16 Musikologist 10
Did an inmate hang themself Saturday night at t... (Jul '10) Feb '16 jjessicalog 6
More from around the web