Charges dropped in alleged Mo. shooting plot

Jul 9, 2013 Full story: Fulton Sun 19

Lincoln County prosecutor Leah Askey said Monday she had dismissed the case against Blaine Michael Erp, who was scheduled to go on trial in Callaway County on Wednesday.

Full Story
wtf

United States

#1 Jul 9, 2013
Really Leah? I bet if it wasnt for who his grandma is you wouldn't have dismissed the charges.
Good ol boy bull sh!t at its finest. The blood will be on your hands when this little psycho does finally kill someone.
Not From Here

Wentzville, MO

#2 Jul 9, 2013
wtf wrote:
Really Leah? I bet if it wasnt for who his grandma is you wouldn't have dismissed the charges.
Good ol boy bull sh!t at its finest. The blood will be on your hands when this little psycho does finally kill someone.
I am not from LC so names don't mean much to me. The only Erp I know of is Wyatt and his last name was spelled Earp. So, who does this Erp belong to? Is it possible his girlfriend lied when she first made the call to the police? A loversí quarrel?
unbelievable

Wentzville, MO

#3 Jul 9, 2013
Shame on you Leah!!!!! You are not worthy of the position you hold!!!! Like they say in your county, It's all who you know i guess. What an OUTRAGE. How will you sleep at night when he follows through with his next plan of attack? I count my blessings everyday that i do not live in L.C.
It Continues

United States

#4 Jul 9, 2013
This is proof that Lincoln County cannot be fixed. The dysfunction here runs long and deep
It is okay

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#5 Jul 9, 2013
Don't worry....be happy. Just like the locals here say, this happens everywhere. Yep, sure does.....
I 'll bet that the folks in Columbine CO, Aurora, CO, and Newtown, CT. would agree with you. Yep, normal as can be...and all because of the folks fom SCC too. Gee, I guess Elaine Luck's grandson is immune by association? Seems to me that unethical and illegal behavior runs in the family, paternal or not.
Inquiring minds

Silex, MO

#6 Jul 9, 2013
I also heard he was a school teacher's child, but doesn't have the same last name as the teacher. Anyone know if this is true?
Birds Of A Feather

Wentzville, MO

#7 Jul 10, 2013
So, he is the grandson of the former county clerk, is that correct? The very same former county clerk who pled the 5th when asked, under oath, about missing ballots in a local election? The very same former county clerk who accepted an illegaly post-dated check from the county collector?

And you wonder why things are so screwed up in Lincoln County......
Birds Of A Feather

Wentzville, MO

#8 Jul 10, 2013
Not From Here wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not from LC so names don't mean much to me. The only Erp I know of is Wyatt and his last name was spelled Earp. So, who does this Erp belong to? Is it possible his girlfriend lied when she first made the call to the police? A loversí quarrel?
If she lied to the police, that should have been made public. If she lied to the police and they acted upon that lie, it shows a lack of effort on the part of local law enforcement to check the story out BEFORE acting.

For whatever reason, there apparently was no case to take to trial. Something was fundamentally wrong with the evidence or proceedures used, resulting in a total CF. Either way, it is a monumental screw-up deserving of proper public vetting AND accountability.
this smells to me

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jul 10, 2013
Let's see....I think luck and askey are democrats.
Help Us All

Troy, MO

#10 Jul 10, 2013
Contact the Missouri State Attorney General's office and make sure they are aware of this case. They just might want to look into this. Askey needs to at least explain her decisions to the public.
Lucks Luck

Saint Ann, MO

#11 Jul 11, 2013
Once again Leah showing her true colors!! Don't you people pay attention!!!! I wonder who will be donating a ton of bucks to her campaign come next year?????? Elaine Luck strikes again and people in Lincoln County keep rolling over and taking it!!
big apparatus

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#12 Jul 11, 2013
She must be well hung.....
Feds

Troy, MO

#13 Jul 11, 2013
Don't the BATF or other Feds get involved in these types of situations? If the local gov't doesn't care, maybe this needs to be brought to the attention of the FBI and the BATF?
Lucks Luck

Saint Ann, MO

#14 Jul 17, 2013
????????
Disgusted

Old Monroe, MO

#15 Jul 17, 2013
I can't think of a more deserving person than Elaine Luck to be the recipient of so much public and community disgust and harangue. Only such a person, with no conscience, ethics or scruples would be capable of the acts and behavior this individual has committed.

In other times, the elders of a community would "cast her out", make her a non person. Here, she's just another " one of the boys."

Elaine, have you no shame?
Observer

Wentzville, MO

#17 Jul 18, 2013
The reason the case was dropped had to do with NO evidence. There were no guns. There was no note. No plans found. Everything was based on the words from an ex-girlfriend with an axe to grind. ( a very troubled young lady ) From what I was told from people close to the situation, the boy was arrested at his attorney's office. He knew that the allegations were false and the police were acting out of 'necessity due to the nature of the allegation.' There was at no point any danger to any students. Political connection to any families in LC had no bearing on any of this.
Bubba

Saint Peters, MO

#18 Jul 18, 2013
If there was no evidence, why were charges filed in the first place? It went as far as getting a change of venue.
Biting truth

United States

#19 Jul 18, 2013
Bubba wrote:
If there was no evidence, why were charges filed in the first place? It went as far as getting a change of venue.
Not only charges filed, but the provisions of the " deal" include never setting foot on school property ever again. Doesn't sound like no evidence to me. This is a purely politically motivated deal.
Luck's ghost I suppose......
Pigs

Saint Peters, MO

#20 Jul 18, 2013
Bubba wrote:
I just had this discussion in another post. I was told that the cops investigate, write a report, give it to the PA, the PA decides if charges/arrest is warranted, and then the cops make the arrest. Sometime the cops are able to determine a crime has been committed and they have probable cause, so they make the arrest without the PA getting involved.

In this case, I guess the cops talked with the ex-girlfriend, decided there was probable cause (without material evidence), made the arrest, a defense attorney filed for a change of venue, and then the PA decideds there is no evidence and no case. If there was no evidence then why was there an arrest? Don't the cops have more important things to do than arrest innocent people? Obviously, the criminal justice system is broke. This just does not happen in LC. This type of crap goes on all across our Nation. Innocent people go to prison. Some serve nearly all their time before an appeals court rules that the prisoner is not guilty. Well hell, by then they have lost their home, job, family, friends, credit rating, and are otherwise screwed for the rest of their lives. Imagine the shame the family is left to deal with when a family member is convicted of a serious crime and if justice comes, it may be 20-30 years away. Then when the innocent is freed, there is no penalty paid by the court, judge, and PA. The newly freed citizen does not get so much as a "we're sorry". Personally, I think when people are unjustly imprisoned and eventually freed, they should automatically be awarded one million dollars for each year or partial year served. Who pays for that? The court and PA office responsible for convicting an innocent person. Our current justice system is seriously out of whack.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Callaway County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A former assistant coach at Lewis and Clark ind... Jun '14 Kortney 3
Fulton home burglary ends in arrest Jun '14 unbelieveable 1
Coari pleads guilty to Callaway County murders May '14 Guest 4
AUXVASSE - Callaway County is one of the most t... (Mar '08) Sep '13 Citizen 3
Callaway Co. Sheriff Deptarment report murder i... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Ben 1
Sword-wielding man arrested (May '13) May '13 summertime 1
FADC suspends EEZ proposal (Jan '13) Jan '13 Karan G 1
•••

Callaway County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE