ANIMAL CRUELTY: $3,000 reward for inf...

ANIMAL CRUELTY: $3,000 reward for information on dog burning case

There are 11 comments on the WHOtv story from Oct 15, 2010, titled ANIMAL CRUELTY: $3,000 reward for information on dog burning case. In it, WHOtv reports that:

The Animal Rescue League of Iowa is working to help authorities track down the person responsible for burning a dog in Calhoun County last month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

Nevada Guy

Spirit Lake, IA

#1 Oct 15, 2010
Just another rotten low life. Set him on fire and hope he lives long enough to burn a while.
Stephanie

Osceola, IA

#2 Oct 15, 2010
I can't even read this entire story. I am Thankful I didn't see the coverage!
The type of person who commits these crimes only escalates. Proven facts.

That Poor baby! I only hope he was unconscious and didnt experience the pain. Proof of Sick individuals.

I can't possibly relate to the sorrow/pain of Rockys' family. But my tears and hopes of catching the sick sob are with them!
Stephanie

Osceola, IA

#3 Oct 15, 2010
As a side note, even If they catch him, the punishment in Iowa is trivial for animial cruelty! Better to wait for the serial criminal to show himself.

If it were My jack russell, or My 21 pound cat....
i'd torture that sob as he begged for his life.
Then call the cops and let them have whats left.

Thats just me though.

Turn about Is Fair play in some instances.
Tod

Des Moines, IA

#4 Oct 16, 2010
My heart just aches for this little dog. That's all I can say.
Shannon

Cambridge, Canada

#5 Oct 16, 2010
Further to Dr. Lockwoods statements: This animal was taken to a pre-selected location with tools/weapons (flammable agents)
Iowa should take this seriously, in fact, every state legislator needs to review their antiquated views on animal abuse.
BTK Dennis Raider knew when he was 12 years old! Imagine all those lives lost for nothing....if only they took animal abuse seriously.
FYI there are lots of BTKs in the making just go to petabuse.com and see for yourself. Tyler Hayes Weinman is on trial right now for Miami Serial Cat Killings and guess what...the taxpayers will get the bill for his defence! TIME FOR CHANGE PEOPLE!!!!!!!
Laura Quebbemann

Costa Mesa, CA

#6 Oct 16, 2010
Sad and tragic.
Laura Quebbemann
so ia le

United States

#7 Oct 16, 2010
Stephanie wrote:
As a side note, even If they catch him, the punishment in Iowa is trivial for animial cruelty! Better to wait for the serial criminal to show himself.
If it were My jack russell, or My 21 pound cat....
i'd torture that sob as he begged for his life.
Then call the cops and let them have whats left.
Thats just me though.
Turn about Is Fair play in some instances.
i love idiots that act like they are animal lovers and then admit to having a 21 pound cat. like thats not animal abuse. talk to a vet moron. you are killing your cat. on the bright side, they should all be killed anyway so good job.
Magnum

Spirit Lake, IA

#8 Oct 16, 2010
Maybe they'll find this persons skull in a fence line somewhere in a couple of years. With all his hair burned off.
Youknowwho

Creston, IA

#9 Oct 16, 2010
As much as I hate cruelty to animals. Why do penalties at time exceed what human crimes are? With stretched budgets and the violence we have seen why are law enforcement's resources used at all? Sad to say it is a simple property crime. I just see the government constantly putting animal rights way ahead of human needs to the extreem. In California they can'y even farm because of a shad fish in their irrigation canals. Just ridiculous. Let the ARL handle these issues by themselves. Find the PERPS, takem to Judge Judy!! Jonny Law should be focused on rounding up those terrifying neighborhoods not our pets.
Laura Quebbemann

Costa Mesa, CA

#10 Oct 17, 2010
So sad and tragic.
AnneHSUS

Washington, DC

#11 Oct 18, 2010
Thank you so much for helping to bring attention to this issue. We hope that the person(s) responsible will be found and held accountable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calhoun County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Community gathers to clean up Iowa town day aft... (May '15) May '15 school roof off i... 1
News Noon update on tornado damage in Lake City (May '15) May '15 school taken out ... 1
News PHOTOS: Lake City, Iowa storm damage (May '15) May '15 school taken out ... 1
News Tornado rips roof off high school, uproots larg... (May '15) May '15 school taken out ... 1
News Witness: More Than 100 People Inside School Whe... (May '15) May '15 school taken out ... 1
News Governor Branstad Tours Iowa Tornado Damage (May '15) May '15 school taken out ... 1
News Fiberglass plant looks at Calhoun County locations (Jan '12) Jan '12 Britt 1
More from around the web