Finding solutions in Hobson City

Finding solutions in Hobson City

There are 8 comments on the Anniston Star story from Sep 24, 2007, titled Finding solutions in Hobson City. In it, Anniston Star reports that:

Defined by its history, seeking relief from its historical struggles, Hobson City is in a conundrum. via Anniston Star

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Anniston Star.

A NATIVE ALSO

Birmingham, AL

#1 Nov 5, 2007
There is a solution for the Town of Hobson City. Get rid of the City Clerk. The federal taxes weren't paid because she didn't pay them. The same can be said about the power and other bills. There is no accountability for any funds coming in or going out. One has to wonder why in this day and age their system in not computerized. There has been a problem with everything from payroll to child support deductions. All of these things are handled by one person and that person has to show no accountability at all. I think before they receive any money they should be audited. I know this would probably be next to impossible but it can be done. There are statements being made about the city never being in this shape before, that's because on one has caught on to them before. The crew that worked with Daryl Parker should have been investigated. If the taxes were deducted from the employee's checks, where did the money go? What happened to all monies involved? Who cleaned out the police department account? Someone should be held accountable for the shape the city is in. I think the answer lies with the person that handles all money transactions. Why if the City Council is so concerned have they not tried to find the answer to the problems at hand? If the Mayor would get rid of the current Council Members, and the City Clerk I do believe things would improve. Who wants to contribute to a cause when you know the main players are not playing fair?
sevenlocks

Atlanta, GA

#2 Dec 11, 2007
800 people in this rat-hole and you're making World News because you can't run this one -mile square piece of terra-firma!Sin and a shame!A disgrace before God and man!What kind of example is being set for tomorrow's leaders,the youth!May your soul burn in hell!
sevenlocks

Atlanta, GA

#3 Dec 13, 2007
Don't care about yourself?You just don't care!You ain't got no shame?Where is your God?Are you not A Man?You all don't got no Unity?Do we need to call Massa to show you how to run things?You need your overlord,your slave-driver. You can't,or won't compute! You don't Know that God has given you all you need to prosper!You just Won't do Right!HOW LONG? UNTIL YOU AIN'T GOT NO TIME? AND NO LIFE? THINK YOU GONNA GET IT IN HEAVEN?
A NATIVE ALSO

United States

#4 Dec 17, 2007
800 people in this rat-hole and you're making World News because you can't run this one -mile square piece of terra-firma!Sin and a shame!A disgrace before God and man!What kind of example is being set for tomorrow's leaders,the youth!May your soul burn in hell!

Do you think you can run it? Make sure it's not your soul that will burn in hell. Be very careful of what you wish for others.
Former resident

El Paso, TX

#5 Jan 2, 2008
I really think Hobson City should be taking over by either Anniston or Oxford, You have a low class Mayor who DO NOT know how to run a city and a useless city clerk who has been there for years, just gettting a free check for doing NOTHING. you have useless people standing on the corner for hours at a time just doing nothing instead of going out looking for jobs. you have all thoses useless low class women there just breeding babies like theres no tomorrow, and letting Tom, Dick and Harry Shack up with them with no respect for themselves. I wouldn't move back to Hobson city if it was the last town on earth. And guess what Hobson City, the man didn't bring you down, your town brought it's ownselve down by putting uneducated, useless people in positions they have no business being in. I was visting my mom there this past December and was so ashamed to let my kids know I actually lived in Hobson City. It's a shame how blacks always cry and whine on how they are not getting fair treatment when you can tell they really don't want it, because if they did, that town wouldn't look like it does. and for all you sad parents who still have your GROWN kids living at home with you and not doing anything but selling drugs out your homes, guess what you are part of the problem. And to all of you who is letting people sell drugs in Hobson city, guess what, your the problem, and you wonder why people are laughing at you. And Mayor, it's time for you to go
Former resident

El Paso, TX

#6 Jan 2, 2008
if Hobson City don't care about Hobson City, why should I
abitch

Anniston, AL

#7 Feb 21, 2008
None of you peons know how it feels to be trapped, everyone has different things going on in their life. And to the person that use to live here you are a disgrace you talking shit but your momma still here you so hi and mighty, above everyone who could'nt make it out and didnt. Well we here and hey we dealing wit it.
mens sportsman club

United States

#8 Nov 20, 2008
Remember the good times at the Big Club ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calhoun County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Piedmont bingo parlor closes, citing too few pl... Sep '17 sking 1
News Longtime Oxford mayor Leon Smith dies Sep '17 Mike Finch 1
News Five charged with illegal fishing in Neely Henr... Aug '17 ThomasA 2
News Thousands of dollars worth of cell phones, acce... Jun '17 kenneth Cline 1
Theft of trailer on Pleasant Valley Rd, J'ville (May '17) May '17 tomrine 1
News Leaders: Anniston's action on suspended police ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 pss4 1
News Ala. county jail cited for fire code violations (Apr '10) Jul '14 bama boy 2
More from around the web