Crawford trial expected to start today

Nov 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lenoir News-Topic

The trial of a man accused of shooting two deputies executing a search of his home more than four years ago begins today in Caldwell County Superior Court.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
BLACK DOG

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 27, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

Notice that Mike Longo didn't show for court yesterday?
Wesley

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 27, 2012
 
Is he "Mike Longo" the one that shot himself?
Walter

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 30, 2012
 
LENOIR (WJRI) The judge in the case against James Crawford, the man who is accused of shooting two Deputies in Caldwell County in 2008, has ordered records from the Caldwell County Sheriffs Office. The case was declared a mistrial this week by Judge R. Allen Baddour. He issued a court order for records of the employees of the Caldwell County Sheriffs Office who have been terminated, fired, or resigned, and ordered the department to preserve records and documents pertaining to the investigative file. Earlier this month 6 employees at the Sheriffs Office resigned after an internal investigation.
Jim

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 30, 2012
 
Walter wrote:
LENOIR (WJRI) The judge in the case against James Crawford, the man who is accused of shooting two Deputies in Caldwell County in 2008, has ordered records from the Caldwell County Sheriffs Office. The case was declared a mistrial this week by Judge R. Allen Baddour. He issued a court order for records of the employees of the Caldwell County Sheriffs Office who have been terminated, fired, or resigned, and ordered the department to preserve records and documents pertaining to the investigative file. Earlier this month 6 employees at the Sheriffs Office resigned after an internal investigation.
Oh, how the mighty have fallen....
thats him

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 30, 2012
 
Wesley wrote:
Is he "Mike Longo" the one that shot himself?
Yeah that chicken sh!t shot himself on this call and then gave himself a purple heart... what a piece of crap.
Report them

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 30, 2012
 
Oh it is starting to unravel now with the records of all the employees forced to resign and fired being pulled. This should get interesting when they start checking the actual stories of those forced out compared to whats on paper, might even see some wrongful termination lawsuits.

When the ones fired (resigned lol) in the last few weeks come out then it will be a court record and the public can see exactly why all this is happening finally.
Nathan

Wilkesboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 1, 2012
 
If you read the full story here, it clearly states that Michael Longo recently left the CCSO. That's a confirmation of 1 of the 6. I have only heard rumors until I read this article.
BLACK DOG

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 3, 2012
 
I wonder if that judge will actually give a damn about what he finds.
caldwell citizen

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

What the Deputies did where wrong, and yes they need to anwser for what they did. But that piece of crap still shot two deputies. He needs to anwser for that just like they need to anwser for what they did. Just because they were stupid and having sex parties doesn't mean that these Deputies didn't do there job to 100%.
badoo

Ellenboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 4, 2012
 
Report them wrote:
Oh it is starting to unravel now with the records of all the employees forced to resign and fired being pulled. This should get interesting when they start checking the actual stories of those forced out compared to whats on paper, might even see some wrongful termination lawsuits.
When the ones fired (resigned lol) in the last few weeks come out then it will be a court record and the public can see exactly why all this is happening finally.
The article says that the records released will be sealed so no, it won't be available to the public.
cry more

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 4, 2012
 
badoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The article says that the records released will be sealed so no, it won't be available to the public.
Man you just cant stand it can you but it's too bad because it's happening. Yes they will be sealed but and here is the kicker, it will open a can of worms that will allow people forced to resign since Jones was elected to file suit if they have a case and I am sure Herb Pierce is more than happy to help them. This will also allow the SBI to better investigate the doings of the Sheriff over the last few years not to mention a few other agencies that are preparing to knock on the Sheriffs door. Have fun dodging the incoming questions.
cry more

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

caldwell citizen wrote:
What the Deputies did where wrong, and yes they need to anwser for what they did. But that piece of crap still shot two deputies. He needs to anwser for that just like they need to anwser for what they did. Just because they were stupid and having sex parties doesn't mean that these Deputies didn't do there job to 100%.
You are the very reason the public needs more info on what happens with our SO. Nothing went down that night the way it was reported. Yes that guy is a scumbag for making meth but the ccso made out like it was just a warrant served by a few deputies that were shot.

The truth is it was a botched SWAT operation that went terribly wrong from the start and could have been prevented if handled correctly. I cant point this out enough s that Longo shot HIMSELF, no one shot him. He actually had the nerve to put himself in for a medal for it too. It is also widely believed that the other SWAT operators shot the other officer in friendly fire after dipwad shot himself. All that gunfire probably caused the suspect to run in firing a gun (wouldn't you if someone was breaking in your house shooting) without warning. They managed to shot him 19 times and still didn't kill him, wtf.
LLLLLLLL

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 4, 2012
 
He needs to pay no matter what... selling drug and making drugs is wrong... it's poison to our streets and kids... they need to take his wh**e of a wife down with him... heard she was hoteling it up while he was in jail.... nice uh
cry more

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

LLLLLLLL wrote:
He needs to pay no matter what... selling drug and making drugs is wrong... it's poison to our streets and kids... they need to take his wh**e of a wife down with him... heard she was hoteling it up while he was in jail.... nice uh
Duh you think so. Of course he needs to go down but he probably wont because of our inept Sheriffs Office and not to mention the tax payers will probably be paying for him the rest of his life because of idiots like Longo. It's a shame or SO basically allows drug dealers to deal in the open and only goes after the easy ones so don't act like they were doing something noble because they were not.
LLLLLLLL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 4, 2012
 
Duh..... Look here you can't change what the SO has done or what they are doin dont get mad at me I pay taxes just like u do and no it ain't right but whay do we do come on topix and rant... I made a comment wasn't trin to make them out to be doing anything noble... My sister used to work at the SO and she told me some quit interesting stories soooo duh to u crawford will end up workin for them if he aint already settin other people up to make him.look good
Walter

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 4, 2012
 
Interesting.......

LENOIR N.C.— A judge declared a mistrial this week in the case of a man who shot two deputies in 2008 after not getting files he requested about an officer who recently resigned from the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office.
James Vance Crawford IV, 32, was on trial this week for shooting two Caldwell County deputies on Sept. 24, 2008 as they were serving a search warrant on him. The shooting took place at Crawford's home on N.C. 268 in the Happy Valley area of Caldwell County. He also was charged with selling cocaine and marijuana.

Sgt. Erle Davis and Capt. Mike Longo were the two Caldwell officers shot during the incident.
Longo appears to be at the center of Superior Court Judge Allen Baddour’s ire and decision to order a mistrial in the case on Wednesday morning.
Longo was subpoenaed to testify in Crawford’s trial, as well as other officers with the sheriff’s office, Lenoir, Granite Falls and Mooresville police departments, along with fire department and EMS employees, according to court files.
According to court filings, on Monday, Baddour ordered the personnel and information on a sheriff’s office investigation of Longo be brought to court for review by 9:30 a.m. Tuesday. Some of the personnel file for Longo was turned over but it was not complete.
So on Wednesday, Baddour called for the personnel file of those “who were terminated, fired, or who resigned as a result of the incidents referenced in the materials turned over to the Court by the Sheriff on November 27, 2012,” the order says.
On Nov. 21, the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office announced the resignations of six employees but officials wouldn’t give reasons for the resignations, calling it a confidential personnel matter. The resignations involved four Sheriff’s Office personnel and two communications personnel.
In his order, Baddour said the personnel and investigative file on Longo had handwritten notes and referred to things such as photos and videos but those were not included in the files turned over. The order said the files didn’t say who conducted the investigation or interviews or what “the triggering mechanism for this investigation was, by whom it was made, or when it was made.”
The order goes on to say the material turned over has references to others associated with the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office who may have participated in activities that might call into question their reliability as witnesses and may need to be disclosed to Crawford and his attorney.
In his order on Wednesday, Baddour called for all records and documents, as well as photos, videos, recorded phone calls, text messages, voicemails and dispatch recordings or any other documents or communication pertaining to any of those former sheriff’s employees. He also called for the information turned over to be sealed.
On Tuesday during court, Baddour said he would allow disclosure of the records of Longo to the defense and prosecution. He issued an order preventing Prosecutor Nancy Lee from disclosing the material to anyone other than District Attorney Jay Gaither and preventing defense Attorney Herbert Pearce from showing the materials to his client. However, Pearce is allowed to discuss the materials with Crawford, the order says.
HisGirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 4, 2012
 
Look, Im not saying what he did isn't wrong but unless any of you know the COMPLETE story then shut up about it. Pay for what he did?? He was shot 15 times for christ sake. His body is twisted and mangled and his insides will never be right again. He has a slim chance to ever have children and has many issues mentally that may never be resolved. He has been on house arrest for 4 years and apparently you dont know the story because you arent even correct on the drugs he was even associated with. Look, I realize he absolutely should not have been doing what he was doing...I also realize he deserves punishment for getting in as deep as he did..but unless you know him personally you have no idea what he has been through...He has done his time and will for the rest of his life because of this...I do agree that his EX wife should have to go down as well but he has done what he can to keep that from happening because that is the TRUE person he is. He regrets what he did...everyday...but rest assured you are WRONG about him with ALL you have said...and also know..the last thing he is is a snitch..but it wouldnt matter if he was because he isnt associated with anything like that anymore. So please, go back to bashing people you actually know and comment on stuff you know for sure...As far as a piece of crap, CALDWELL CITIZEN and LLLLLL, im sure your closets have skeletons as well..be careful living in that glass house...
Walter

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 4, 2012
 
HisGirl wrote:
He has a slim chance to ever have children and has many issues mentally that may never be resolved.
Some people should've reproduce, kids don't belong in that environment.
Walter

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 4, 2012
 
That was supposed to read shouldn't.
HisGirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 4, 2012
 
You are exactly right Walter ...I completely agree...but I promise you that he isn't in that kind of environment ...if you read the paper it said that his ex wife had just found out the day of the raid that she couldn't have children ...that was probably Gods way of nit allowing children in to that environment...but now is a different story...that's just another punishment he has to live with I suppose..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Caldwell County Discussions

Search the Caldwell County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Caldwell County says goodby to Willard Blevins,... Sat really 3
Police: Lenoir man charged with murder Fri AprilSammysNiece 44
Flamboyant, eccentric Willard Blevins dies Jul 10 gv4l 26
Free lunch program starts Monday Jun 23 State of Florida 5
Boy drowns in Caldwell County pool Jun 19 passing thru 1
West Caldwell teacher suspended for 'Chitling t... May '14 Speak Truth 47
Man will stand trial on rape charges (Feb '09) May '14 PAC IS SCUM 4
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••