Caldwell County may oppose closing yo...

Caldwell County may oppose closing youth prison in Morganton

There are 4 comments on the Lenoir News-Topic story from Apr 16, 2013, titled Caldwell County may oppose closing youth prison in Morganton. In it, Lenoir News-Topic reports that:

The Caldwell County commissioners are considering supporting Burke County's plea for the state to abandon plans to close a youth prison employing more than 350 people, including dozens from Caldwell County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lenoir News-Topic.

Dunlap, TN

#1 Apr 22, 2013
Who's brainstorm is this? This may sound strange but this prison is the only chance these youth have to heal..restore..and have a good chance to be productive in society. Add to it the loss of jobs and then tell me who wins.??

Mount Holly, NJ

#2 Jun 29, 2013
probably from lack of money, yet there's money to fly tax paid double blade helicopters low over salem to disturb or spy on residents
Raleigh Non Supporter

Lenoir, NC

#3 Jul 15, 2013
Keep your eyes on what's happening in Raleigh. My vote was not for who is in control and I hope others open their eyes.
Ponder That

Morganton, NC

#4 Jul 16, 2013
Whats sad is they will vote for these rwn's over and over again. Against their best interests. Too stupid or so taken by rwns they can't see whats happening. RWNS for the ones that don't "Get it" are Right Wing Nuts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caldwell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Caldwell County man faces child-rape charges in... (Apr '15) Nov 6 Hangemhigh 2
News Woman dies after double shooting near Lenoir, o... Sep '15 Snacks stuffs 8
News Ex-inmate questions jail's food Aug '15 Shave Feet 25
News Caldwell County's oldest festival returns Saturday Aug '15 Scouts 4
News Jewelry theft suspect given sentence (Nov '10) Jul '15 Farter 13
News Lenoir plans $1 million sidewalk Jun '15 Waco 1909 2
News Jury convicts child rape suspect (Aug '08) Jun '15 Victim 47
More from around the web