Police: Lenoir man charged with murder

Police: Lenoir man charged with murder

There are 46 comments on the WCNC-TV Charlotte story from Jun 24, 2014, titled Police: Lenoir man charged with murder. In it, WCNC-TV Charlotte reports that:

Lenoir police charged a 62-year-old man with murder Tuesday morning. Police said Bobby Dean Sparks shot and killed Sammy William Sturgill after an altercation at a home on Bradford Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCNC-TV Charlotte.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lulu

Lenoir, NC

#1 Jun 24, 2014

Asheville, NC

#2 Jun 24, 2014
Who was the wife/ex girlfriend?
Mike

Lenoir, NC

#4 Jun 24, 2014
Everybody knew that Sammy would get it one day. He's murdered before and injured a lot of people. It was bound to happen.
sadday

Lenoir, NC

#6 Jun 24, 2014
This is terrible. Bobby was a good person who had recently started hanging with the wrong crowd. Hope they can prove self defense.
JASON

Lenoir, NC

#7 Jun 24, 2014
the woman is Teresa Hall
JAG

Lenoir, NC

#8 Jun 25, 2014
Thank you Jason. I don't buy the " he was good til he started running with the wrong crowd" People make their own decisions, nobody forced him to do anything. Take responsibility for your own actions. Just my opinion...
laura

Lenoir, NC

#9 Jun 25, 2014
First of all jag! Bobby was my daddy and he would have never in his life taken someone elses life. He was defending his self. Sammy has killed and stabbed so many people. How many people did he think he could do this to and get away with it. I will stand behind my daddy til the end.
Yea

Hudson, NC

#10 Jun 25, 2014
Yeah Sammy had just stabbed a guy a couple months ago. If Gaither would have done his job Sammy wouldn't have been out of jail!!!
JAG

Lenoir, NC

#11 Jun 25, 2014
Laura, never did I once say your dad deserved getting murdered!!! I never once said it wasn't in self defense. I just said I don't believe people should say " he ran with the wrong crowd " I apologize for insinuating that. It wasn't my intention. Looking back, I see how it looked but I honestly didn't mean it like that. I meant people in general. May God give you and your family peace during this time.
sadday

Lenoir, NC

#12 Jun 25, 2014
JAG wrote:
Thank you Jason. I don't buy the " he was good til he started running with the wrong crowd" People make their own decisions, nobody forced him to do anything. Take responsibility for your own actions. Just my opinion...
I just mean he had started allowing some not so good people hang around his house and in the past he never did that. I knew Bobby for several years and other than some driving issues he got in trouble for he wasn't someone that made trouble for himself. He took care of his wife rachel in their home until she passed away this year.I didnt know the man that was killed so I can't speak about him. Sure good people can do bad things, I am just speaking from what I know of Bobby.
AprilSammysNiece

Lenoir, NC

#13 Jun 25, 2014
laura wrote:
First of all jag! Bobby was my daddy and he would have never in his life taken someone elses life. He was defending his self. Sammy has killed and stabbed so many people. How many people did he think he could do this to and get away with it. I will stand behind my daddy til the end.
First of all if your father didnt want Sammy at his house why did he call my uncle cell and leave a message asking sammy to come to his house this was on the 20th of June we have the recording so this isnt adding up if someone doesnt want you at their house why call and want them to come to your home. But my family misses Sammy and please this is for everyone reading KEEP YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO YOUSELF AND HAVE A LITTLE RESPECT FOR OUR FAMILY... RIP my uncle Sammy Sturgill you will be missed and still are loved so much...
nathan

Tampa, FL

#15 Jun 26, 2014
RIP
Judge

Pound, VA

#16 Jun 26, 2014
laura wrote:
If Bobby was so great why the kidnapping charge and all the time in prison??
Judy

Lenoir, NC

#17 Jun 26, 2014
laura wrote:
I feel for you .Our family has been threw a murder to.God Bless
laura

Lenoir, NC

#18 Jun 26, 2014
Jag sorry for the miss understanding. My daddy had started letting the wrong people in his house. Regardless of what anyone says i love him and i will b beside him til the end. Something happened in that house and i wont stop until i find out the truth.
NonHater

Lenoir, NC

#19 Jun 27, 2014
First of all I knew Sammy,I went to school with him from elementary school on...I know his sister and his mom.they are good decent people....i also had a sibling murdered in Caldwell County...just because Sammy made some wrong choices in life,does not mean that he deserved to die on the streets like he did.I'm not saying he was at that house with good or bad intentions because idk..I'm just saying that he was someone's loved one and his family deserves to mourn his death without him being trashed on here..He's gone,his judgement comes from God now,so let his family have this time to mourn.God Bless his family and may Sammy RIP.
Please

Lenoir, NC

#20 Jun 27, 2014
Family members be aware that you're not helping to serve justice by discussing specifics of this case.
Saraprestwood

Lenoir, NC

#21 Jun 28, 2014
That was my uncle Sammy got kill by that s.o.b I don't like how people are talking about him he was a good men fuck everybody that don't like him and this rube walker are this fack name they can go to hell I feel so bad because I saw him day before he got kill I never said I love him I haveing saw him in a long time but I did love him so much. I never got to tell him that I love him my. heart is broke my mom she her heart is so broke to so nobody is going to say not one thing about him. when here and if u love somebody tell them what I'm saying
Saraprestwood

Lenoir, NC

#22 Jun 28, 2014
laura wrote:
by the way Sammy did not kill many people u need to stop runing your mouth u can go see your daddy
Saraprestwood

Lenoir, NC

#24 Jun 28, 2014
AprilSammysNiece wrote:
<quoted text> First of all if your father didnt want Sammy at his house why did he call my uncle cell and leave a message asking sammy to come to his house this was on the 20th of June we have the recording so this isnt adding up if someone doesnt want you at their house why call and want them to come to your home. But my family misses Sammy and please this is for everyone reading KEEP YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO YOUSELF AND HAVE A LITTLE RESPECT FOR OUR FAMILY... RIP my uncle Sammy Sturgill you will be missed and still are loved so much...
just what my sister said love u April

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caldwell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-inmate questions jail's food 15 hr Shave Feet 25
News Caldwell County's oldest festival returns Saturday Mon Scouts 4
News Jewelry theft suspect given sentence (Nov '10) Jul 8 Farter 13
News Lenoir plans $1 million sidewalk Jun '15 Waco 1909 2
News Jury convicts child rape suspect (Aug '08) Jun '15 Victim 47
News Heroin makes comeback in Caldwell County May '15 Joshuatree 2
News Caldwell County man faces child-rape charges in... Apr '15 sarabella 1
More from around the web