18 dogs euthanized at Caldwell shelter

18 dogs euthanized at Caldwell shelter

There are 23 comments on the The Charlotte Observer story from Mar 17, 2011, titled 18 dogs euthanized at Caldwell shelter. In it, The Charlotte Observer reports that:

A mysterious illness has led to the deaths of 18 dogs at the Caldwell County Animal Control shelter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Charlotte Observer.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dowg

United States

#22 Mar 29, 2011
the topic wrote:
How about the topic at hand? What conditions/diseases could cause these symptoms? I have dogs myself that are loved and would like to know if we need to worry about this spreading to our animals? If one of ours was to get sick and we have to take all of ours to the vet that can get costly quick.
The distemper is very contagious and if u have ever seen an animal that is infected with it its not a good sight at all and putting an animal to sleep that has it is the best thing i sure wouldnt want to suffer a death like that but i believe puppys get a distemper shot whe there pups so if ur dog has had its shots u should be good
Come on people

Gastonia, NC

#23 Mar 31, 2011
Maybe the County needs to build a multi-billion dollar facility to house all the stray, unwanted, mean animals in, and also have a multi-billion dollar budget to supply care for the sick animals. Not! Come on people get real! That over 5000 animals each year. In ten years how many animals will be there? You do the math.
solution

Lenoir, NC

#24 Apr 1, 2011
The only way to solve it is to put in some strict laws about animal ownership. Make owners liable for allowing their pets to have unwanted puppies or kittens. There are a lot of people who just do not care and will set a bag of puppies out beside the road somewhere away from their house. Up north they do not have a lot of stray animals because they are strict about it.

Animal lovers want to focus on the animal shelter but they are just there as a response to the problem, they are not the cause of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caldwell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man will stand trial on rape charges (Feb '09) Thu Will 6
News Burke Co. teen sentenced to 12 years for sex cr... Jun '16 LIL OLE ME 10
News Flamboyant, eccentric Willard Blevins dies (Jul '14) Apr '16 Cchurch 40
News Caldwell schools lose 75 staff positions (Aug '13) Mar '16 Wake up 3
Why Preachers Push Cruz NOT Trump Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
News Crawford trial expected to start today (Nov '12) Feb '16 Sam I am 51
News Oakes named Watauga Democrat editor (Jan '16) Jan '16 truth 2
More from around the web