Skeletal remains found in Caldwell County

Apr 17, 2012 Full story: Hickory Daily Record 46

Law enforcement officials confirmed Tuesday afternoon they have found skeletal remains in Caldwell County.

Full Story
Not Good

Lenoir, NC

#21 Apr 23, 2012
Will AB profit from the "Zahra" movie that is supposed to be made? I surely hope not because just the thought of that lowlife making a dime sickens me.
Carolina Watchdog

Morganton, NC

#22 Apr 23, 2012
ugor wrote:
I wish all you people who want to critisize would get up off your tail feathers and do the jobs these men and women do. It is mighty easy to sit in the comfort of your home and analyze situations that you have no first hand knowledge of. How many of you get up in the middle of the night to go to a crime scene investigation? How many of you put your lives on the line to answer a domestic violence call or burglary call? Until you do so, you do not have the right to down these people. They do the best they can do dealing with circumstances. Walk two feet in their shoes and I know you will have a different outlook about them.
CCSO, you have one person here who appreciates you all. Thank you for the job you do. It is not one that I could handle that is for sure.
I did it.....and it was alot harder than now....no walkie talkies......2 deputies working 3rd shift....no BLET Training.....10+ dead bodies (murders & suicides) in my 1st year.....been there done that! And say thank you for your service!
Carolina Watchdog

Morganton, NC

#23 Apr 23, 2012
TSF wrote:
In this case, the truth is more sensational than any fiction could possibly be. Beer drinking search dogs, moonshine drinking dog handlers, reenactment videos present in court as real evidence, not searching a missing persons vehicle, transporting vehicles across state lines, not following leads, not doing a rape kit on a dead woman who has been missing , grand jury indictments with little or no evidence, not obtaining videos, on and on and on. One could not make this stuff up.
<quoted text>
I'm glad to see you have made some of the points that I realized while the trial was going on. I don't think LE and the DA's office could accidently blow this case. No DA with any common sense would know this was a terrible weak case, yet they went with it anyway.
TSF

Cameron, NC

#24 Apr 23, 2012
What is the status of the Jerry Anderson civil lawsuit against Caldwell County ? I have heard that he is suing for 3 million dollars but that our insurance will only cover 2 million.
Carolina Watchdog wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad to see you have made some of the points that I realized while the trial was going on. I don't think LE and the DA's office could accidently blow this case. No DA with any common sense would know this was a terrible weak case, yet they went with it anyway.
Carolina Watchdog

Morganton, NC

#25 Apr 23, 2012
TSF wrote:
What is the status of the Jerry Anderson civil lawsuit against Caldwell County ? I have heard that he is suing for 3 million dollars but that our insurance will only cover 2 million.
<quoted text>
Legal stalling and delays have put it on the back burner for now. Check the Asheville papers, cause you sure won't see anything about it in the local canary cage liner!
ugor

Lenoir, NC

#26 Apr 23, 2012
ProLaw wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that law enforcement does a tough job for very little money and they are at risk while doing it; however, it is not an excuse for shoddy work and negligence. Please don't insult the hard working law enforcement officers that do the job right by making the excuse that the reason for poor work and decision making is because its a tough job.
I don't recall making excuses for anyone. When people do wrong it is not excusable. I don't dispute that there may be people employed there that are not professional. My point is that
everyone is being grouped into one big stinking pile together
on this forum whether they deserve to be there or not.
I know several law enforcement officers with several different agencies. I know that the good officers often get slammed for what the bad ones do and that is NOT right.

The way people talk here gives people the impression that our county is completely lawless and in chaos when it is not.

If you find what I have said offensive, so be it. Stereotypical behaviors suck.
ReyesGlenn

New York, NY

#27 Apr 24, 2012
as Denise replied I'm surprised that a mother able to earn $5896 in one month on the internet. have you read this page http://widg.me/NbuKe
the money

Lenoir, NC

#28 Apr 24, 2012
They start filming in October where is the money going? Only a portion is going to charity. Where is the rest going?? Who gave the OK to make the movie?
alcodogs

Lenoir, NC

#29 Apr 24, 2012
I wonder if they ever make a movie about Emily Anderson if Sheriff Jones will get a cut of the deal. I mean all that would have never been possible without Jones... yes he was the major at the time that was directly overseeing the case above Stafford.

Just think if the baker case would have happened in Caldwell county what the outcome could have been. Stepmonster would still be walking around free as a bird and little Zahras' body would still be missing. Jones and his drunk cadaver dogs wouldn't even have found a thing, probably why the choose to dump the body in this county.
Carolina Watchdog

Morganton, NC

#30 Apr 25, 2012
ugor wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall making excuses for anyone. When people do wrong it is not excusable. I don't dispute that there may be people employed there that are not professional. My point is that
everyone is being grouped into one big stinking pile together
on this forum whether they deserve to be there or not.
I know several law enforcement officers with several different agencies. I know that the good officers often get slammed for what the bad ones do and that is NOT right.
The way people talk here gives people the impression that our county is completely lawless and in chaos when it is not.
If you find what I have said offensive, so be it. Stereotypical behaviors suck.
Not lawless at all.....the major problem with LE in CC is that it is still dependant on ELECTING A SHERIFF BY POPULAR VOTE....and he CHOOSES HIS EMPLOYEES after that.

As we all know the political process lots of connections, deals and unknown factors which we never hear of.

Until the deputies are Civil Service hired and don't have to be scared of losing their jobs every 4 years, or penalized by the Sheriff for behind the door deals & political debt repayments be prepared for unknown actions and questionable activities,
King George

Seymour, IN

#31 May 15, 2012
Still no word on the results of the testing for these remains.
The first bone recovered in this case was reported as having been sent for testing on Nov. 03, 2010.
Nine days later, the chief of police said that the test results confirmed that the bone was Zahra's.
It has been four weeks now since these remains were sent for testing.
I wonder what is taking so much longer this time?
justice for none

Lenoir, NC

#32 May 15, 2012
They're is a big difference. Hickory P.D. handled the other body parts and ccso handled these. CCSO has probably already lost it or it's still in the evidence room next to Emily Andersons tool box. What did you expect?
urgent

Lenoir, NC

#33 May 15, 2012
It may be because there is no urgency with the identification of this find.
King George

Seymour, IN

#34 May 16, 2012
urgent wrote:
It may be because there is no urgency with the identification of this find.
No urgency, I see. A skull was found. The fact that they say it may be Zahra Baker's tells us all that the skull is small enough to be that of a child.
So, pretty much, the attitude is - we found a skull lying around that could potentially belong to a child, but, it's no big deal.
Guess I didn't understand that.
Carolina Watchdog

Vale, NC

#35 May 16, 2012
The sad situation is that the CCSD didn't follow up with who, what, when and where! Of course our "Information avenue to the people" the Lenoir News Topic has not and will not followup on any phase of the investigation.

My suggestion is to do searches "Zara Baker" in various other NC Newspapers where you may find info 1-2 weeks ahead of the LNT. I have found news stories that have never appeared in the LNT.
no hurry at all

Lebanon, TN

#36 May 16, 2012
urgent wrote:
It may be because there is no urgency with the identification of this find.
Noooo no hurry at all, I mean people find human skulls in the woods all the time. No chance it could be from a victim we don't even know about yet or a missing child from another state or county... no this is Caldwell County and that couldn't happen here. With all the assuming you are doing I can almost bet you are a detective at ccso... if not you missed a good opportunity.
whatabunchofmoro ns

Lenoir, NC

#37 May 16, 2012
I'm sure that Jones and his bunch of idiots will figure it out...Hey I know! Put Longo and his special so-called SWAT team on it. That is, if he has anyone left on it. It's my understanding that they are dropping like flies to get away from him and his know-it-all yankee ass.
urgent

Lenoir, NC

#38 May 16, 2012
no hurry at all wrote:
<quoted text>Noooo no hurry at all, I mean people find human skulls in the woods all the time. No chance it could be from a victim we don't even know about yet or a missing child from another state or county... no this is Caldwell County and that couldn't happen here. With all the assuming you are doing I can almost bet you are a detective at ccso... if not you missed a good opportunity.


You missed my point. I say there is no urgency because it is Caldwell County. Meaning our law force is not worth a crap. I frankly can't stand the so called law enforcement here. My other comment was meant to be sarcastic.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#39 May 16, 2012
Is that the same swat team that flattened the tires of a man trying to get to the hospital because his wife was having a heart attack? Then took him to jail instead of the hospital? Its bad when you are safer with the criminals than the county LE.
whatabunchofmorons wrote:
I'm sure that Jones and his bunch of idiots will figure it out...Hey I know! Put Longo and his special so-called SWAT team on it. That is, if he has anyone left on it. It's my understanding that they are dropping like flies to get away from him and his know-it-all yankee ass.
fly swatter

Lebanon, TN

#40 May 16, 2012
whatabunchofmorons wrote:
I'm sure that Jones and his bunch of idiots will figure it out...Hey I know! Put Longo and his special so-called SWAT team on it. That is, if he has anyone left on it. It's my understanding that they are dropping like flies to get away from him and his know-it-all yankee ass.
No because he is liable to get a paper cut and put himself in for another purple heart like when he shot himself in the arm on a drug raid. The way he is going with giving himself medals he will look like a Mexican General before long.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caldwell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeweler accused of buying stolen jewelry Dec 23 lol 18
3 accused in Lenoir double shooting (Apr '12) Nov 26 Kasey Mcghinnis 27
Mixed feelings among area magistrates on same-s... Nov '14 Liberal forever 1
Caldwell arrests 2 in meth crackdown Nov '14 Liberal forever 5
Deadly Caldwell County fire started in kitchen (Sep '11) Oct '14 douggie 3
Lenoir meat plant may add 100 jobs Oct '14 just me 3
the never-ending road project...... Oct '14 David 1
More from around the web