6 workers leave Caldwell County sheri...

6 workers leave Caldwell County sheriff's office

There are 271 comments on the News & Record story from Nov 21, 2012, titled 6 workers leave Caldwell County sheriff's office. In it, News & Record reports that:

Sheriff Alan Jones hasn't identified the six workers, and said he won't go into detail about the focus of the investigation or what it revealed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News & Record.

wonder why

Cowpens, SC

#216 Apr 29, 2013
Everyone lives Drama. our ccso is better than anything on Daytime right now. Soaps and Jerry Springer included. Thank you crooked ccso!
Applicant

United States

#217 May 1, 2013
I want to apply for the rights to write the book on this Sodom and Gomorrah pit. I want it before Ann Rule gets it.
LifeTime Movie

United States

#218 May 3, 2013
I want to make a movie about it on LifeTime. Sex Scandal, crooked Sheriff.....Emmy!
ghost deputy

Lenoir, NC

#219 May 4, 2013
LifeTime Movie wrote:
I want to make a movie about it on LifeTime. Sex Scandal, crooked Sheriff.....Emmy!
They already made a movie about it... it's called Walking Tall. The rest of the movie has yet to play out but just give Lance a four foot hickory club and you will have yourself a remake of that classic movie. Buford Pusser for Sheriff 2014...
big whoopie

Forest City, NC

#220 May 4, 2013
ghost deputy wrote:
<quoted text>They already made a movie about it... it's called Walking Tall. The rest of the movie has yet to play out but just give Lance a four foot hickory club and you will have yourself a remake of that classic movie. Buford Pusser for Sheriff 2014...
Please can someone else run. I am tired of how you Wilson bandwagon people are trying to make him out like he is Jesus, who walks on water. He might be a great guy,but you people act like you are brainwashed like a Jim Jones supporter.
FactsR

Newland, NC

#221 May 4, 2013
big whoopie wrote:
<quoted text>
Please can someone else run. I am tired of how you Wilson bandwagon people are trying to make him out like he is Jesus, who walks on water. He might be a great guy,but you people act like you are brainwashed like a Jim Jones supporter.
You mean, an Alan Jones supporter.......
ghost deputy

Lenoir, NC

#222 May 4, 2013
big whoopie wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the only one on here constantly using the reference to Jesus when talking about Lance, this makes me think that you are taking the descriptions and opinions people provide of Lance and making the comparison in your own mind of Jesus and Lance... in short you must actually think of Lance as Jesus in your subconscious. Well enough psychology 101 and back to the issue at hand, this is a free country and with that being said you are more than free to throw your hat in the ring after all you are the one always crying for someone else to run so by all means be that someone. If you dont like the choices then go ahead and jump in the fire sparky.

I am not going to get into the whole bandwagon or Jim Jones comment as it does not warrant an intelligent response... I am pretty sure it would be wasted on you besides I have Kool Aid to mix... want some?
big whoopie

Maiden, NC

#223 May 5, 2013
ghost deputy wrote:
<quoted text>You're the only one on here constantly using the reference to Jesus when talking about Lance, this makes me think that you are taking the descriptions and opinions people provide of Lance and making the comparison in your own mind of Jesus and Lance... in short you must actually think of Lance as Jesus in your subconscious. Well enough psychology 101 and back to the issue at hand, this is a free country and with that being said you are more than free to throw your hat in the ring after all you are the one always crying for someone else to run so by all means be that someone. If you dont like the choices then go ahead and jump in the fire sparky.
I am not going to get into the whole bandwagon or Jim Jones comment as it does not warrant an intelligent response... I am pretty sure it would be wasted on you besides I have Kool Aid to mix... want some?
Ghost deputy why do you use the name deputy? You are not a deputy! you probably have either been fired by Jones, or have not ever been hired there, due to your low functioning intelligence. So go ahead and take that little fake plastic badge that you bought in the toy section of Walmart off, and quit trying to pretend to be something you are not, Sparky!
ghost deputy

Lenoir, NC

#224 May 5, 2013
big whoopie wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghost deputy why do you use the name deputy? You are not a deputy! you probably have either been fired by Jones, or have not ever been hired there, due to your low functioning intelligence. So go ahead and take that little fake plastic badge that you bought in the toy section of Walmart off, and quit trying to pretend to be something you are not, Sparky!
Hey want to make a bet about that. I find it ironic that you would accuse someone of having "low functioning intelligence" when all the comeback you have is to "attempt" to insult someone. The only reason you have a job is due to your lack of a gag reflex and the ability to cut others throats on the job without losing sleep... both are requirements to work for Jones and stay there. Some people have principles and integrity. I know that is a foreign concept to you but you will soon learn.

I'll tell you what... I will give you my fake plastic toy shop badge to play with as you walk out the door for the last time. I even have some stickers that say Jr. Police you can have.
get bent

Kirkland, WA

#225 May 5, 2013
Blacklog you still shooting off at the mouth I see. I guess that jealousy over lance is enough to make you put up with your current boss. I can understand though as you have invested a tremendous amount of butt licking in with jones. Maybe when sheriff jim jones gets beaten like a dog in the election you and the other mental midgets will all do us a favor and have a going away party with some of his special kool aid.
say what??

United States

#226 May 10, 2013
big whoopie wrote:
<quoted text>Please can someone else run. I am tired of how you Wilson bandwagon people are trying to make him out like he is Jesus, who walks on water. He might be a great guy,but you people act like you are brainwashed like a Jim Jones supporter.
It's a free election system, maybe you should run. One thing about Lance is the fact they are no skeletons in the closet he has to defend unlike the incumbent.. For Lance not to have officially announced yet I am amazed by the amount of support behind him already including businesses, churches and even current CCSD staff..gonna be interesting.:)
John Wesley Hardon

Asheville, NC

#227 May 10, 2013
[QUOTE who="say what??"]<quoted text>
It's a free election system, maybe you should run. One thing about Lance is the fact they are no skeletons in the closet he has to defend unlike the incumbent.. For Lance not to have officially announced yet I am amazed by the amount of support behind him already including businesses, churches and even current CCSD staff..gonna be interesting.:)[/QUOTE]

I would love to see change happen there, but with the voter base we have here I really don't think it will happen. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to rain on your parade in any way but after the last primary with all that Brackett brought to the table I just couldn't believe he was defeated so soundly. I hate it but it kind of looks like we are stuck with Jones as long as he wants the job. Sometimes I think the IQ of most voters in this county is in the single digits.
say what??

United States

#228 May 10, 2013
John Wesley Hardon wrote:
[QUOTE who="say what??"]<quoted text>
It's a free election system, maybe you should run. One thing about Lance is the fact they are no skeletons in the closet he has to defend unlike the incumbent.. For Lance not to have officially announced yet I am amazed by the amount of support behind him already including businesses, churches and even current CCSD staff..gonna be interesting.:)"

I would love to see change happen there, but with the voter base we have here I really don't think it will happen. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to rain on your parade in any way but after the last primary with all that Brackett brought to the table I just couldn't believe he was defeated so soundly. I hate it but it kind of looks like we are stuck with Jones as long as he wants the job. Sometimes I think the IQ of most voters in this county is in the single digits.
I agree, it will not be an easy feat. The voter base here tends to be less informed than most. They tend to vote based on party lines and name recognition. Turn out is very low as well in off year election cycles, last time less than 6000 votes were cast in the primary. I think more people are aware of issues this time however translating that into votes is still a challenge.
Caldwell

South Jordan, UT

#229 May 12, 2013
they all should leave and county should hire all new people. it's called cleaning house you can find more productive people with a new group.
lefty

Asheville, NC

#230 May 12, 2013
Caldwell wrote:
they all should leave and county should hire all new people. it's called cleaning house you can find more productive people with a new group.
Yeah boy, that didn't cost the taxpayers of this county but a couple million the last time it was done and you can look at what we got now and see just how good it worked.
Caldwell

Salt Lake City, UT

#231 May 12, 2013
you again tuck your dam tail and scram. who ever you thought you were looking for is not here.
time to go

Lenoir, NC

#232 May 16, 2013
lefty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah boy, that didn't cost the taxpayers of this county but a couple million the last time it was done and you can look at what we got now and see just how good it worked.
It may have cost us a lot of money but that time it was for the wrong reasons and the people that were put in place were worse than the ones they replaced. We have to clean house, we have no other option. Its like a cancer, if you dont remove all of it then it will continue to sicken that department and basically undermine any good done by a new Sheriff. I know it will cost money but I think it will be a good investment as opposed to keeping the tainted officers and little by little costing us money as they do now. Maybe some of the ones that have only recently came there and those that have tried to stay low can be kept, they may not be tainted.
lefty

Asheville, NC

#233 May 16, 2013
time to go wrote:
<quoted text>It may have cost us a lot of money but that time it was for the wrong reasons and the people that were put in place were worse than the ones they replaced. We have to clean house, we have no other option. Its like a cancer, if you dont remove all of it then it will continue to sicken that department and basically undermine any good done by a new Sheriff. I know it will cost money but I think it will be a good investment as opposed to keeping the tainted officers and little by little costing us money as they do now. Maybe some of the ones that have only recently came there and those that have tried to stay low can be kept, they may not be tainted.
That was exactly what I was referring to before one of the topix troll squad reared it's ugly head. When Roger Hutchings was defeated by Gary Clark in 2002 he did away with almost all of the officers that held any rank and a whole lot of deputy's that held hardly any rank at all and almost all of the ones he kept were stripped of whatever rank they has and their salary reduced accordingly. That was the start of this current administration. I can't remember the exact figure but it cost well over a million dollars in severance pay. The Sheriffs department has never fully recovered from this and in opinion doing the same thing again and expecting different results would be a very foolish move. Until you take away the Sheriffs option to fire a deputy without cause you are always going to have these same problems there. There is no recourse for an officer except to do whatever the Sheriff wants done or lose his job no reason has to be given as he serves at the discretion of the Sheriff he has the same powers as a dictator or a king. No law enforcement agency should ever be set up this way period. It breeds paranoia and distrust between employees living in a constant fear of losing their jobs for little or no reason at all. The last thing they want to do is "rock the boat" or call into question if what they are told to do is the right way or the best way to handle any task they preform. I am not trying to argue with you I am just expressing my heart felt opinions on this.
dont be intimidated

United States

#234 May 22, 2013
ghost deputy wrote:
<quoted text>You're the only one on here constantly using the reference to Jesus when talking about Lance, this makes me think that you are taking the descriptions and opinions people provide of Lance and making the comparison in your own mind of Jesus and Lance... in short you must actually think of Lance as Jesus in your subconscious. Well enough psychology 101 and back to the issue at hand, this is a free country and with that being said you are more than free to throw your hat in the ring after all you are the one always crying for someone else to run so by all means be that someone. If you dont like the choices then go ahead and jump in the fire sparky.
It's full of Vitamin C and Riboflavin ! Poor me some Ghost. Well said and Bravo.
stfu already

Lenoir, NC

#236 May 22, 2013
Jeff_D_28681 wrote:
Hell I hope the sheriff doesn't leave. Spoon needs all the sheriff's she can get to protect her. God spoon don't ever go back to AZ spoon. Spoon if you see some thing suspicious call that number 911.
I hope the Sheriff in Alexander County comes to visit you. Yeah Jeff we will just elect a couple dozen Sheriffs over here to help protect spoon, dont worry. Btw do you think spoon knows where to find the number 11 on the phone so she can dial 911.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caldwell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News (Jan '14) Oct 8 Tha fam 3
Oct 8 TORNADO WARNING !!! Oct 8 concerned 2
News Murder victim Raoul Dula, suspect Earl Moore Jr... (Jun '13) Aug '17 Queen Bre 162
News Man charged with slashing tires of 47 Caldwell ... Jul '17 waco1909 7
drugstores Jul '17 catlover 1
News Deputies: Lenoir man arrested in Caldwell Count... Jun '17 Yes Liberal 1
News Juvenile charged after man found fatally shot i... (Dec '16) May '17 found out 2
More from around the web