Police search for missing Lenoir man

There are 19 comments on the WCNC-TV Charlotte story from Dec 22, 2011, titled Police search for missing Lenoir man. In it, WCNC-TV Charlotte reports that:

The Caldwell County Sheriff's Office is asking the community for help locating a missing man.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCNC-TV Charlotte.

assisted

Lenoir, NC

#1 Dec 22, 2011
a photo would help a lot!
yeah right

Lenoir, NC

#2 Dec 22, 2011
In other words CCSO took the report and went back to the office then said "well he will either turn up on his own or someone will find the body, case closed". I bet they didnt even think to ask for a recent photo.
revolution32

Charlotte, NC

#3 Dec 26, 2011
I read about this and then -- nothing. I hope he is found alive and well.

Fortunately or unfortunately the fact that he is an adult and adults are free to run off doesn't help this situation.

A photo would be nice -- I would keep my eyes open.
just wondering

Lenoir, NC

#4 Dec 28, 2011
I think his body was found yesterday off of Clarks Chapel rd.
In mourning

Lenoir, NC

#5 Dec 28, 2011
the body of my dear friend Jason Carter has been found :(
sadface

Lenoir, NC

#6 Dec 28, 2011
In mourning wrote:
the body of my dear friend Jason Carter has been found :(
I am sorry for your loss. I hope they find answers soon.
In mourning

Lenoir, NC

#7 Dec 28, 2011
sadface wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry for your loss. I hope they find answers soon.
thanks so much
Susanne

Lenoir, NC

#8 Dec 28, 2011
This is so sad. i extend my sympathy to the family and friends. I know it will help them to know what happened to him.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#9 Dec 29, 2011
Susanne wrote:
I know it will help them to know what happened to him.
I think not knowing WHY your loved one was MURDERED would be a hard thing to live with.

I hope they find whoever did this!
sounds like a ccso repeat

Lenoir, NC

#10 Dec 30, 2011
GV4L wrote:
<quoted text>
I think not knowing WHY your loved one was MURDERED would be a hard thing to live with.
I hope they find whoever did this!
Thats very true but unless the SBI takes full control I'm afriad it will just end up like the emily anderson case. I hope the family asks the SBI for help because they can request it. Hopefully CCSO hasnt already screwed the evidence up too bad yet.
Chesterhunter

Lenoir, NC

#12 Dec 31, 2011
Rusty wrote:
This guy is on the sex offender list for sex with minors. I wonder if that could have played a part in his death?
http://sexoffender.ncdoj.gov/details.aspx...
Drum roll pl.,que the song by Queen!!!!!!!!!
Yep

Smithfield, NC

#13 Dec 31, 2011
Rusty wrote:
This guy is on the sex offender list for sex with minors. I wonder if that could have played a part in his death?
http://sexoffender.ncdoj.gov/details.aspx...
You are correct this is the same man. Thank you for this info.
not the same yep

Smithfield, NC

#14 Dec 31, 2011
Sorry "yep", I was only agreeing with Rusty, not trying to steal your name
Will

Morganton, NC

#15 Jan 1, 2012
I was wondering the same thing the other day just didn't want to bring it up on here but now that it's out there yeah I think thats a good motive for what happened....I know if someone molested one of my children I would definalty have a hard time knowing the guy was out there on the streets, just saying....I know that doesn't make it right but a person never knows what they will do when it comes to thier kids he may have even did it again and someone sought thier own justice who knows!
lnrgirl

United States

#16 Jan 1, 2012
There is a sex offender that is taking pictures of little girls playing outside their homes in the Gamewell/ Spencer Heights area. Be on the lookout for a white Buick (older model) car. He's gray headed with glasses, looks to be around 60 years old.
devildawgs_wife

Newton, NC

#18 Jan 1, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
"Spencer Heights area" them ain't kids them is baby nigglettes.
Seriously? My mother-in-law lives in that neighborhood and I'm not aware of any black people in the area.
WHITEMAN

Benson, NC

#20 Jan 1, 2012
You all are not looking in the right neighbor hood..........TOWN AND COUNTRY...Crump Road was just the dumping area.
revolution32

Charlotte, NC

#21 Jan 2, 2012
Getting back to the original question/observation by Rusty ---- I have heard very little about this case but I did hear the authorities do NOT think this prior conviction had anything to do with the murder. Apparently, per the news, the conviction was for looking at child pornography and was NOT an act against any individual and he has not been in trouble since then --- could have been an internet site sting he got caught in or something. Easy to do especially back in the day before virus and pop ups were more controlled. They could find out differently though - at this point who knows. Honestly the news report brushed the conviction off so maybe it wasn't as awful as we may first think.

No matter what we have a murderer running around out there and that never bodes well for society. I hope they catch the person and my condolences to the people that loved this man.
Will

Ellenboro, NC

#22 Jan 2, 2012
revolution32 wrote:
Getting back to the original question/observation by Rusty ---- I have heard very little about this case but I did hear the authorities do NOT think this prior conviction had anything to do with the murder. Apparently, per the news, the conviction was for looking at child pornography and was NOT an act against any individual and he has not been in trouble since then --- could have been an internet site sting he got caught in or something. Easy to do especially back in the day before virus and pop ups were more controlled. They could find out differently though - at this point who knows. Honestly the news report brushed the conviction off so maybe it wasn't as awful as we may first think.
No matter what we have a murderer running around out there and that never bodes well for society. I hope they catch the person and my condolences to the people that loved this man.
It says 2nd and 3rd degree explortation of a minor! I'm thinking it had to be more than just viewing and possesing child pornography either way it takes a sick twisted individule to like and watch child porn and that usually leads to more inappropriate acts with a innocent child so I would still consider that fact into his murder. I may be wrong and if I am I'll be the first to admit it.... and if it was just a senseless killing I hope they catch whoever did it because we don't need someone like that running around here...also taking the law into your own hands is unfortunatly illegal so I hope they catch whoever did this no matter the circumstances!

My condolences to the family and people that loved him also we can't control what people in our lives do no matter what it is and we have absolutly no right to judge them there's a higer power that will do that. Someone still lost a member of thier family and a friend we have to be sympathetic to them as well. I have people in my family and good friends that have done things I wouldn't even dream possible that I still love and care for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caldwell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Caldwell County man faces child-rape charges in... Apr 27 sarabella 1
News Murder victim Raoul Dula, suspect Earl Moore Jr... (Jun '13) Apr 18 Reason 152
News 4 arrested in drug bust at Lenoir hotel Mar '15 hnb 4
News Caldwell Co. authorities arrest 2 on meth lab c... Feb '15 jenjen 2
News Jeweler accused of buying stolen jewelry Jan '15 Stick 19
News Celebrating Martin Luther King's dream in Lenoir (Jan '13) Jan '15 State of Florida 11
News New firm bringing 150 jobs to Lenoir (Jan '12) Jan '15 lenoir redneck 43
More from around the web