New firm bringing 150 jobs to Lenoir

New firm bringing 150 jobs to Lenoir

There are 43 comments on the Hickory Daily Record story from Jan 4, 2012, titled New firm bringing 150 jobs to Lenoir. In it, Hickory Daily Record reports that:

The former NACCO Industries building on Morganton Boulevard in Lenoir will be the new home to Carolina Prime Pets.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hickory Daily Record.

Informant

United States

#22 Jan 16, 2012
I just called the main office in Murphy and the lady I spoke with said " that MR. LAMBY IS AT THE OLD NAACO BUILDING RIGHT NOW, AS WE SPEAK." SHE ALSO SAID, " THAT THEY WILL BE CLOSING DOWN THEIR FACILITY IN MURPHY AND THE EMPLOYEES THAT WANT TO TRANSFER TO LENOIR WILL HAVE THAT OPPORTUNITY TO DO SO". Soooooooo, there may be a job for Caldwell County residents and there may not be. It just depends on how many decide to transfer I guess. So, what is the use in these companies coming into Caldwell County if they are going to bring there own people with them and leave the people of this county out in the cold?
wondering

United States

#25 Jan 17, 2012
Go to carolinaprimepet.com and get the phone number. I called and was told that they were closing the Murphy facility and were transferring the employees.
CYA

United States

#26 Jan 23, 2012
Will this be a 24hr 7day per week operation?
Im glad they are here

Spruce Pine, NC

#27 Jan 24, 2012
Informant wrote:
I just called the main office in Murphy and the lady I spoke with said " that MR. LAMBY IS AT THE OLD NAACO BUILDING RIGHT NOW, AS WE SPEAK." SHE ALSO SAID, " THAT THEY WILL BE CLOSING DOWN THEIR FACILITY IN MURPHY AND THE EMPLOYEES THAT WANT TO TRANSFER TO LENOIR WILL HAVE THAT OPPORTUNITY TO DO SO". Soooooooo, there may be a job for Caldwell County residents and there may not be. It just depends on how many decide to transfer I guess. So, what is the use in these companies coming into Caldwell County if they are going to bring there own people with them and leave the people of this county out in the cold?
Well I doubt anyone of them would drive every day between Murphy and Lenoir, at least not for long. The gas prices would make it almost crazy to do that. I doubt very many have the money or desire to just up and move to lenoir, some will I'am sure but they are probably managment. I mean would you move very far for a 7-8 dollar and hour job.

As for your other comment about not doing us any good comming here. Well thats one less empty factory that is now paying tax and using untilities.
Informant

United States

#28 Jan 26, 2012
wondering wrote:
Go to carolinaprimepet.com and get the phone number. I called and was told that they were closing the Murphy facility and were transferring the employees.
Here is everyone another website to look at: http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2012/jan/1... Go read this one.
goodmorning

Lenoir, NC

#29 Jan 26, 2012
I'm sure the pay would be better than 7-8 dollars an hour,most production facilities pay an average of 13-15 dollars an hour,thats not including the upper management salaries ,just the real work force.You would have to be marred to a spouse that also worked and still living with your parents to make a living on 7-8 dollars an hour .I hope they do hire from within the community.
badmorning

Spruce Pine, NC

#30 Jan 27, 2012
goodmorning wrote:
I'm sure the pay would be better than 7-8 dollars an hour,most production facilities pay an average of 13-15 dollars an hour,thats not including the upper management salaries ,just the real work force.You would have to be marred to a spouse that also worked and still living with your parents to make a living on 7-8 dollars an hour .I hope they do hire from within the community.
Lol what. Anyone with a HS diploma making 15 an hour in an unskilled production job would be in heaven. You must have never seen the inside of a casegoods furniture factory, 7-8 an hour and 10-13 if you have been there for years and was some type of lead person. Skilled jobs like maintenance made more but those were limited and required specailty knowledge. Go look at the ESC job search and see what the hour rate is on the jobs offered there for this area. Any unskilled job would be very lucky to make much above 10 an hour.

Plenty of people make on less around here but they either live very poorly, have two or more incomes, or do the Caldwell norm and get lots of welfare. Oh and sorry if you dont like the word unskilled but thats exactly what it is. Catching things off a line, assembly, or operating a machine that does stuff over and over is an unskilled job.
wakeup

Lenoir, NC

#31 Jan 27, 2012
bad morning ,from what I can tell you don't have a 5th grade education . Another person talking out of there a~s.
go2sleep

Spruce Pine, NC

#32 Jan 27, 2012
wakeup wrote:
bad morning ,from what I can tell you don't have a 5th grade education . Another person talking out of there a~s.
Actually they were pretty much spot on which leads me to believe your knowledge of the work force is very limited or that of a fifth grade child. Before you even start, I make 28.75 an hour but I started in a furniture factory right out of high school making 6.15 an hour. That was enough for me to decide I needed to go to college and do better for myself. Too bad so many others around here didnt see the need to do that.
Carolina Watchdog

Lincolnton, NC

#33 Jan 29, 2012
go2sleep wrote:
<quoted text>Actually they were pretty much spot on which leads me to believe your knowledge of the work force is very limited or that of a fifth grade child. Before you even start, I make 28.75 an hour but I started in a furniture factory right out of high school making 6.15 an hour. That was enough for me to decide I needed to go to college and do better for myself. Too bad so many others around here didnt see the need to do that.
Wow - a person making $60,000 a year here on Topix
go2sleep

United States

#34 Jan 29, 2012
Carolina Watchdog wrote:
<quoted text>Wow - a person making $60,000 a year here on Topix
Hey 60k is better than roughly 13k unless math has changed much. My wife makes more than me but hey who's counting.
aud

Mountain City, TN

#35 Jan 29, 2012
Carolina Watchdog wrote:
<quoted text>Wow - a person making $60,000 a year here on Topix
I believe about 5% of what I read on this redneck forum. I know some people in areas outside of Caldwell Co who read this and make fun of Caldwell Co. What's interesting: Several of the posts are from the same source address. In other words, many of the posts come from the same few regulars who use a different name.
aud

Mountain City, TN

#36 Jan 29, 2012
To clarify, they make fun of Caldwell County when reading the topix posts from the local regulars on here.
Tim

Killeen, TX

#37 Feb 4, 2012
Mendy wrote:
Most of you mountain rednecks cannot pass a drug test. You will not be hired.
Once again, you prove your the village idiot!!
saff

Mountain City, TN

#38 Feb 4, 2012
James wrote:
<quoted text>
This is idiotic.
There are people in every geographic area of this country who have criminal records, who hold only a high school diploma, or who have substance abuse "isssues," as you said.
You can't even spell simple words and your attitude seems arrogant and you spewed out simple minded generalizations. Expand your mind. Think. And, then look in the mirror. You're looking at the exact kind of person I never hire.
People in this county are generally good. Get over your prejudices and it helps to see life in a little more positive manner.
Personally, I would not hire anyone with a criminal record. Especially a felony conviction. There are just plenty of people to hire who do not have records.
needajob

Gaffney, SC

#39 Feb 5, 2012
I worked with someone in Hickory that was from Murphy, came here because of a plant closing. This person was not in management. Dose not matter to me if people from Murphy relocate here as long as their not illegals.
Deb

Hickory, NC

#40 Mar 11, 2012
I have lived in Caldwell County all my life. There are a lot of really good people who worked hard and provided for their families. I worked with a lot of real craftsmen in the furniture business. It is too late for a lot of them to get jobs and a lot of these folks are gone. But most are God fearing people who still have families to support. What a true blessing it would be for companies to move into this area.
curiousofyou

Vale, NC

#41 Mar 11, 2012
Jack wrote:
Lenoir is full of retards! They will not hire you F...heads!!!
From your grammar and attitude you clearly you will make a great hire...every company needs a staff full of people like you!! hahaha
CCD

United States

#42 Sep 13, 2012
Informant wrote:
I called the company yesterday and spoke to a real nice gentleman, and he said " that maybe in the next month or so they will be taking applications but he was not sure how or where, he said to just check back with them or to contact the ESC." But he did say that they had alot of cleaning and painting to do b4 they could start moving in.
You don't put your apps in at the ESC. All apps go through job link at the college CCTI, and you have to register for a four week class and pass the class before you will be considered for hire. Call the college and ask for the Job Link Dept and they will explain the classes, the cost of them and the time they have available classes now. Said they started the classes in May and the next open classes start in Nov.
Always Right

Lillington, NC

#43 Sep 13, 2012
I'm happy for Caldwell County. This county is going to have a lot of highways and roads, but no place to work. Where are people suppose to go? Maybe one can drive to Lenoir near the square and see the art work of a naked man with a slinky for a penis. Real Nice, City of Lenoir.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caldwell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know scooter josh around here??? 6 hr Gmae 1
Concerned tax payer Feb '18 Tax payer 1
News 6 workers leave Caldwell County sheriff's office (Nov '12) Jan '18 wacc1909 275
Laura Katherine Holland Stout Dec '17 Anonymous 1
News Caldwell County man accused of stabbing woman i... (Nov '17) Nov '17 gollygeeitisme 4
News (Jan '14) Oct '17 Tha fam 3
Oct 8 TORNADO WARNING !!! (Oct '17) Oct '17 concerned 2