New firm bringing 150 jobs to Lenoir

Jan 4, 2012 Full story: Hickory Daily Record 42

The former NACCO Industries building on Morganton Boulevard in Lenoir will be the new home to Carolina Prime Pets.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wondering

Lincolnton, NC

#1 Jan 6, 2012
Where do you apply??
Mendy

Lincolnton, NC

#2 Jan 6, 2012
Most of you mountain rednecks cannot pass a drug test. You will not be hired.
wondering

Lincolnton, NC

#3 Jan 6, 2012
I am not a mountain redneck, mountain girl, yeah, but not redneck!! I would be hired!! Have you seen me??? I think not!!
Objective

Lincolnton, NC

#4 Jan 6, 2012
Great news! Maybe we can get some momentum going and turn this local economy around. Good job to those responsible (in government and private business) that made this happen.
Informant

United States

#5 Jan 6, 2012
I called the company yesterday and spoke to a real nice gentleman, and he said " that maybe in the next month or so they will be taking applications but he was not sure how or where, he said to just check back with them or to contact the ESC." But he did say that they had alot of cleaning and painting to do b4 they could start moving in.
The Truth

AOL

#6 Jan 6, 2012
Call and ask where to apply for the cleaning and painting work. This will give you a leg up on the others as well as inside info about the company. If one shows initiative, one can achieve many things.
Dick

Lincolnton, NC

#7 Jan 6, 2012
Mendy wrote:
Most of you mountain rednecks cannot pass a drug test. You will not be hired.
Mendy, we always like a little a**,But we don't need a smartas*
sparky

Enfield, IL

#8 Jan 7, 2012
Lots of construction going on at google if anyone has an electrical background. Ian sure there are other things besides electrical as well. That second building you can see from 18 is huge and I here they are planning yet another one. They have really been spending the money it looks like.
reality

Lenoir, NC

#9 Jan 7, 2012
Objective wrote:
Great news! Maybe we can get some momentum going and turn this local economy around. Good job to those responsible (in government and private business) that made this happen.
I doubt many people from Caldwell Co will be hired. A lot of folks here have a criminal record and/or are only high school educated. May have substance abuse isssues as well.
James

Lenoir, NC

#10 Jan 7, 2012
reality wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt many people from Caldwell Co will be hired. A lot of folks here have a criminal record and/or are only high school educated. May have substance abuse isssues as well.
This is idiotic.

There are people in every geographic area of this country who have criminal records, who hold only a high school diploma, or who have substance abuse "isssues," as you said.

You can't even spell simple words and your attitude seems arrogant and you spewed out simple minded generalizations. Expand your mind. Think. And, then look in the mirror. You're looking at the exact kind of person I never hire.

People in this county are generally good. Get over your prejudices and it helps to see life in a little more positive manner.
James

Lenoir, NC

#11 Jan 7, 2012
I'm glad jobs are coming to the county.

I HOPE the company hires people from within the county. The people in this county who have suffered from this ridiculously evil economy NEED jobs.

I hope other companies who are considering locating here do not become discouraged by some of the NEGATIVE people who post on forums like this one. I'm sure they are smart enough to realize there will always be negative low life forms, who spew nothing but vile comments, everywhere one travels.

The vast majority of Caldwell County people are good people.

From what I see, the decent and good unemployed people here are READY and EXCITED to work.
BootLeggar

Fayetteville, NC

#12 Jan 7, 2012
How Smart Do You Have To Be To Make Dog Food? They Do It At CCSD Everyday. LOL
what do you expect

Enfield, IL

#13 Jan 7, 2012
Im sure the pay is average for a low skill low education job. Hey something is better than nothing in these times so the people of Caldwell had best be happy something is bringing jobs to the area. Hopefully in time some technology jobs will come to the area but the population will have to become further educated first.
Kommissar

Hudson, NC

#14 Jan 9, 2012
BootLeggar wrote:
How Smart Do You Have To Be To Make Dog Food? They Do It At CCSD Everyday. LOL
Are they expecting you? lol?
BootLeggar

Fayetteville, NC

#15 Jan 9, 2012
No But If You Need A Job Then You Might Want To Check It Out. Sounds Like You Can Get A Free Meal. Bow Wow!!
just saying

Lincolnton, NC

#16 Jan 10, 2012
sparky wrote:
Lots of construction going on at google if anyone has an electrical background. Ian sure there are other things besides electrical as well. That second building you can see from 18 is huge and I here they are planning yet another one. They have really been spending the money it looks like.
I heard they won't even cosider you if you don't have a military back ground.
raven

Lenoir, NC

#17 Jan 10, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard they won't even cosider you if you don't have a military back ground.
No thats security. For security you must have either a law enforcment or military background. For construction workers you need to register with the union (IBEW local) in Charlotte for electrical, not sure about other trades. Google is actually going to try and hire locals for this second phase if they can find enough people to meet their standards, they are very picky.
Demi Rapper

Lincolnton, NC

#18 Jan 10, 2012
day bees hirin me and my family but you bees white can't get a mf ...job!
who cares

Lenoir, NC

#20 Jan 10, 2012
Demi Rapper wrote:
day bees hirin me and my family but you bees white can't get a mf ...job!
Who would hire an idiot like you? Even McDonalds have some standards.
Jack

Casar, NC

#21 Jan 16, 2012
Lenoir is full of retards! They will not hire you F...heads!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caldwell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deadly Caldwell County fire started in kitchen (Sep '11) Oct 17 douggie 3
Lenoir meat plant may add 100 jobs Oct 7 just me 3
the never-ending road project...... Oct 2 David 1
what if Willard Blevins had been black? Aug '14 ndknow 1
Crawford trial expected to start today (Nov '12) Aug '14 Debbie Colvert 50
County disputes water contract Aug '14 ah too bad 1
Flamboyant, eccentric Willard Blevins dies Jul '14 Webmaster 39

Caldwell County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE