Flamboyant, eccentric Willard Blevins...

Flamboyant, eccentric Willard Blevins dies

There are 40 comments on the Lenoir News-Topic story from Jul 3, 2014, titled Flamboyant, eccentric Willard Blevins dies. In it, Lenoir News-Topic reports that:

Blevins was the person everyone had seen walking local streets dressed as Superman, Batman, a gorilla, Elvis Presley, Elvira Mistress of the Dark, Spiderman, an Indian, Johnny Cash or Cher, to name several.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lenoir News-Topic.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Needless topic

Hendersonville, NC

#1 Jul 3, 2014
I am disgusted about this article. He was a convicted and registered child sex offender who used his dressing up to get attention form children. The current news topic stafff should have done their homework before trying to memorialize a pedophile.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#2 Jul 3, 2014
Needless topic wrote:
I am disgusted about this article. He was a convicted and registered child sex offender who used his dressing up to get attention form children. The current news topic stafff should have done their homework before trying to memorialize a pedophile.
What was he convicted of? When?
Needless topic

Hendersonville, NC

#3 Jul 3, 2014
Indecent liberties with a child. He married a woman and it was her daughters. The one he was convicted about was 12 years old or younger. It was in 1996 or 1997. He went to prison for it. Anyone who has lived in Lenoir for any time know this information and the court system will prove it to be true.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#4 Jul 3, 2014
Needless topic wrote:
Indecent liberties with a child. He married a woman and it was her daughters. The one he was convicted about was 12 years old or younger. It was in 1996 or 1997. He went to prison for it. Anyone who has lived in Lenoir for any time know this information and the court system will prove it to be true.
I am not from Lenoir, so I did not know. I just ran into him several times and had conversations with him over the course of many years.Thanks for the info.
RIP Willard

Banner Elk, NC

#5 Jul 3, 2014
Needless topic wrote:
I think you need to get your facts straight. Willard was married but Gloria did not have but one child. She was born long before Willard and Gloria were married. Gloria gave her up for adoption at birth. Willard was convicted of child molestation but I don't know the specific details so unlike you I won't post anything that I don't know to be factual. Irregardless he was well known for his unusual way of dressing up and I'm sure a lot of people have memories of seeing him around town.
Homeboy

Banner Elk, NC

#6 Jul 3, 2014
Needless topic wrote:
Sounds like you are jealous that Willard looked better in a dress and wig than you do.
jesushchrist

Cherryville, NC

#7 Jul 3, 2014
HE'S DEAD! NEXT TOPIC???!!!
juan christ

Black Mountain, NC

#8 Jul 3, 2014
jesushchrist wrote:
HE'S DEAD! NEXT TOPIC???!!!
So are you... Next
the truth ruth

United States

#9 Jul 4, 2014
Needless topic wrote:
Amen! He was nothing but a phony, all that stuff was just a smokescreen to cover up what he really was, in reality he was a perverted sociopath just looking for sympathy!
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#10 Jul 4, 2014
the truth ruth wrote:
<quoted text> Amen! He was nothing but a phony, all that stuff was just a smokescreen to cover up what he really was, in reality he was a perverted sociopath just looking for sympathy!
Another expert Lenoir psychologists weighs in on Willard's complexities.
tell us

Black Mountain, NC

#11 Jul 4, 2014
the truth ruth wrote:
<quoted text> Amen! He was nothing but a phony, all that stuff was just a smokescreen to cover up what he really was, in reality he was a perverted sociopath just looking for sympathy!
Looking for sympathy you say. Hmm that is odd, I have lived around here all my life and seen Willard walking the streets that whole time. Never once did I ever see or hear him ask me or anyone else for anything nor did he ever do any harm to me. The only way you or anyone else could know he was a truly perverted sociopath is if you knew him intimately... so tell us just how well did you know him? Anything you need to tell us or come out of the closet about?
Mary

Four Oaks, NC

#12 Jul 4, 2014
Willard dealt with more than most people could ever dream about. The local people, esp. young adults, abused him , made fun of him and threw things out the car windows at him.There was a elderly lady who lived near where Willard lived and her children was, as they said , to busy to do anything to help her like get her stuff at the store, bring in her paper, mow her lawn.. Willard did these things for her without accepting any money. She made him food and that was all he would take for doing things for her that her own children wouldnt do . How many of you who are bashing this man does stuff like this? NOT ONE OF YOU! Willard did alot of weird things in most peoples eyes but he also did alot of good things that MOST people wouldnt even thing of doing.Why not, instead of bashing this dead man, go do some of the good things he did that you didnt bother to mentin in you nice little hate speech. Better yet, stop running your mouth about something you know nothing about. You are just making yourself look like a total idiot. Worse than Willard ever did.
Big Chief

Lenoir, NC

#13 Jul 4, 2014
Mary wrote:
Willard dealt with more than most people could ever dream about. The local people, esp. young adults, abused him , made fun of him and threw things out the car windows at him.There was a elderly lady who lived near where Willard lived and her children was, as they said , to busy to do anything to help her like get her stuff at the store, bring in her paper, mow her lawn.. Willard did these things for her without accepting any money. She made him food and that was all he would take for doing things for her that her own children wouldnt do . How many of you who are bashing this man does stuff like this? NOT ONE OF YOU! Willard did alot of weird things in most peoples eyes but he also did alot of good things that MOST people wouldnt even thing of doing.Why not, instead of bashing this dead man, go do some of the good things he did that you didnt bother to mentin in you nice little hate speech. Better yet, stop running your mouth about something you know nothing about. You are just making yourself look like a total idiot. Worse than Willard ever did.
Bullspit lady you think willard was the greatest man to walk the streets of lenoir dressed up like a reject? He made himself a target what did you think a bunch of young boys would do to a wrinkled wore out old pedophile, that was dressed up in a bikini walking up the side of the road stop and whistle? maybe in your wildest fantasy lady you dont know anything about what i do as a person so step down from your high horse slut cause your shit stank too. What have you done for the crippled old folk up the street.. you just wanna turn your nose up when people talk bad about others... let me remind ya you are NOT better than thou. If willard is a child molester or what the hell ever he did with that kid means he shoulda been dead looooonnng looooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oonggggg ago. one less fruit the better. AMEN THANK YOU JESUS Please reply id love to see you seem like a horses ass just once more thanks :)
my nutz

Black Mountain, NC

#14 Jul 4, 2014
Big Chief wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullspit lady you think willard was the greatest man to walk the streets of lenoir dressed up like a reject? He made himself a target what did you think a bunch of young boys would do to a wrinkled wore out old pedophile, that was dressed up in a bikini walking up the side of the road stop and whistle? maybe in your wildest fantasy lady you dont know anything about what i do as a person so step down from your high horse slut cause your shit stank too. What have you done for the crippled old folk up the street.. you just wanna turn your nose up when people talk bad about others... let me remind ya you are NOT better than thou. If willard is a child molester or what the hell ever he did with that kid means he shoulda been dead looooonnng looooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oonggggg ago. one less fruit the better. AMEN THANK YOU JESUS Please reply id love to see you seem like a horses ass just once more thanks :)
So when are you going to kill yourself, fruit. We need one less inbreed redneck goat flucker around here so anytime now.
liliesdaughter

Black Mountain, NC

#15 Jul 5, 2014
I think the town of Lenior should have a statue of Willard uptown. Maybe some where to display his costumes? He is the local STAR from Caldwell County. He deserves something in his honor.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#16 Jul 5, 2014
I agree. Put up a nice marble statue and dress it with real costumes. Maybe a display of his original costumes somewhere. He was definitely a local legend.
Big Chief

Lenoir, NC

#17 Jul 5, 2014
my nutz wrote:
<quoted text>So when are you going to kill yourself, fruit. We need one less inbreed redneck goat flucker around here so anytime now.
Right. did ole willy get ahold of you when you were young? Everybody Hated that "local star" so please put a statue of him in town square so we can throw eggs and spray paint his ass to look like the real willard. A lunatic... it just suprises me it took this long for him to get hit. Oh the suffering this poor man went thru please all feel bad for poor pedo williee blevins......

hey my nutz got any goats at your house??? im feeling a little red red red red redneck!

Since: Jun 14

United States

#18 Jul 5, 2014
I agree Willard deserves a spot in Lenoir. Where he can be remembered.people who knew hi. And loved him. Can stand. And take a photo with him or just stand and view the true legesy he was to Caldwell counry rest in peace Willard you will be missed .
my nutz

Black Mountain, NC

#19 Jul 5, 2014
Big Chief wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. did ole willy get ahold of you when you were young? Everybody Hated that "local star" so please put a statue of him in town square so we can throw eggs and spray paint his ass to look like the real willard. A lunatic... it just suprises me it took this long for him to get hit. Oh the suffering this poor man went thru please all feel bad for poor pedo williee blevins......
hey my nutz got any goats at your house??? im feeling a little red red red red redneck!
Boy you are a special kind of stupid aren't you. One of those morons that stay pissed off 24/7 at everything and everyone. I actually get enjoyment out of people like you, it does my heart good to see people like you suffer and be mad and I will do anything to perpetuate it.

I was not in favor of putting up a statue of him but if it pisses you off I will head up a donation drive and petition just for it, make sure to save up your food stamps to buy plenty of eggs. I think I will see if I can petition a local Congressman to dedicate a road around here in his name, what road do you travel the most?

Sorry I dont have any goats but if I did I would surely invite you over. I am sure your wife would be happy to have you out of the house so she could get a minute without hearing someone bitch all day about Willard and God knows what else pisses you off, that and she could probably get a real cock while you were out screwing goats.

Have a nice day!!!!!
Big Chief

Lenoir, NC

#20 Jul 6, 2014
i dont remember being mad, I do enjoy talking shit to better than thou latter day saint paralegals... Who think there rich and really aint nothing but a Bruce Cannon cahk blower...No i bet bruce wouldnt touch your worthless ass.. youd be lucky to even get close to a court appointed attorneys cahk. I only recieve 487 dollars food stamps i dont need to save up for eggs, i can afford plenty.... The good Lord blesses me every month with a bountiful harvest from food lion.. keep paying those taxes sonny and ill just keep on getting my stamps and eatin for free i dont need to be rich when theres people like you paying my way. So Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caldwell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Idol Finalist coming to Lenoir Aug 5 styledo 1
News Man will stand trial on rape charges (Feb '09) Jul '16 Will 6
News Burke Co. teen sentenced to 12 years for sex cr... Jun '16 LIL OLE ME 10
News Caldwell schools lose 75 staff positions (Aug '13) Mar '16 Wake up 3
Why Preachers Push Cruz NOT Trump Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
News Crawford trial expected to start today (Nov '12) Feb '16 Sam I am 51
News Oakes named Watauga Democrat editor (Jan '16) Jan '16 truth 2
More from around the web