Parents Allege Autistic Son Was Locke...

Parents Allege Autistic Son Was Locked In Room

There are 6 comments on the WCHS-TV Charleston story from Oct 19, 2012, titled Parents Allege Autistic Son Was Locked In Room. In it, WCHS-TV Charleston reports that:

Dan Matics Videographer: Kenney Barnett Web Producer: Dan Matics Reported: Oct. 18, 2012 9:36 PM EDT Updated: Oct.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCHS-TV Charleston.

SMH

New York, NY

#1 Oct 19, 2012
This sickens me

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2 Oct 19, 2012
wow

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#3 Oct 19, 2012
if they didnt really shut the door and lock him in there then why did they remove the door since the school was interviewed........sounds like a guilty admittance.........he is autistic of course he will have behavioral differences, they require special needs but that doesnt mean he should be punished for who he is
saddened

Huntington, WV

#4 Oct 19, 2012
I have a son on the spectrum and it is sad to think anyone could do such a thing. Unbelievable!
anon

Charleston, WV

#5 Oct 19, 2012
My son has aspbergers and when he was in River Park Hospital all the furniture was removed from his room with only a sheet and blanket for him to use, he was often locked inside. Because in many cases these places do not know how to handle them correctly. My son attended Miller Elementary when he was younger and they would place him in the time out room.

Can you imagine a normal child going through this? Well for an autistic child this is even worse. They do not understand and I think this is wrong on so many levels. I hope you get justice for your child.
saddened

Huntington, WV

#6 Oct 19, 2012
anon wrote:
My son has aspbergers and when he was in River Park Hospital all the furniture was removed from his room with only a sheet and blanket for him to use, he was often locked inside. Because in many cases these places do not know how to handle them correctly. My son attended Miller Elementary when he was younger and they would place him in the time out room.

Can you imagine a normal child going through this? Well for an autistic child this is even worse. They do not understand and I think this is wrong on so many levels. I hope you get justice for your child.
Justice justice justice!!!!! Amen sister!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cabell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In Huntington, W.Va., two dozen people OD on ba... (Aug '16) Mar 2 codeblue 14
The baby that fell Mar 1 Just asking 1
News Erick Dieckman returned to Cabell County to fac... (Oct '09) Jan '17 2legit2quit 24
News DEVELOPING... Mayor Wants to Raise His Salary a... Dec '16 Andy 1
News Cabell County man convicted of sexual abuse of ... (Aug '16) Aug '16 noname 1
News West Virginia city swamped by overdoses, as nat... (Aug '16) Aug '16 southern at heart 2
News 2 dead in Huntington house fire (Aug '16) Aug '16 Don 1
More from around the web