Altria Group Inc.

Altria Group Inc.

There are 2 comments on the Charlotte Business Journal story from Mar 13, 2008, titled Altria Group Inc.. In it, Charlotte Business Journal reports that:

Rowan-Cabarrus Community College has received a $40,000 grant from the N.C. Tobacco Trust Fund Commission to provide career assistance to local tobacco workers and businesses adversely impacted by changes in ... via Charlotte Business Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charlotte Business Journal.

john k

Jersey City, NJ

#1 Mar 14, 2008
nice of them. maybe we can wake up congress and the senate about taxing sovereign wealth funds. the banks arrange that for them. preferred shares gain interest like a bond. they are not taxed because their income. then shorted so they don't change to common. banks, the ones that are selling mo off. eves dropping? i have nothing to hide. wake up america. times are not good and the taxes on us has to stop. tax wealth funds!!!
john k

Jersey City, NJ

#2 Mar 14, 2008
remember the protectionist cry about china buying into the oil company in california? what happened were all the politions debriefed or something? banks have been getting all kinds of soveregn wealth funds. the politions have gotten quiet. they don't want to extend the bush tax cuts, for dividends and capital gains, they want to raise them!! did they see the market today? did they see the banks? one sovereign wealth fund makes 11 per cent with no tax! i make 5 per cent and i'm taxed every which way. they are going to cut spending? where are the politicions going to get money from ? the sovereign weath funds!!!australia has no divident tax why should we? i pay tax on everthing already over and over and the gov't thinks we're atms. get behind close doors about the real issues not wire tapping !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cabarrus County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Disturbing new details on how 17-day-old baby died Feb '18 lovely lady 1
News Early voting running ahead in North Carolina fr... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Lol 2
News NC governora s HB2 emails: Pressure before sign... (Oct '16) Oct '16 No. 1
Cabarrus County Arrest Records and Criminal Mug... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Logan 2
News Deputies search for suspects after shooting par... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Justice Wanted 2
mandatory bible classes in cabarrus middle scho... (Aug '15) Aug '15 jesse 1
News Head of Cabarrus advocacy group charged with se... (Jul '12) Sep '14 Stop Now 4