Half-Cent Sales Hike: Commissioners w...

Half-Cent Sales Hike: Commissioners want extra tax for road fixes

There are 1 comment on the Charlotte.com story from Mar 13, 2008, titled Half-Cent Sales Hike: Commissioners want extra tax for road fixes. In it, Charlotte.com reports that:

The Cabarrus County commissioners said they will ask state lawmakers to let them impose an additional half-cent sales tax dedicated to transportation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charlotte.com.

Kay Aistrop-Davis

Concord, NC

#1 Mar 14, 2008
This is totally stupid. These people do not think about the backlash of the unnessary spending and promises that they make to people with more money than any of the residence of Cabarrus have.
The county and the city of Concord has spent money on things that were not needed. Roads should have been a top priority years ago. I hope the voters in the next election have the sense to replace these people that do not care about the common people in the county and city.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cabarrus County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Head of Cabarrus advocacy group charged with se... (Jul '12) Sep '14 Stop Now 4
News Cabarrus Co. continue investigation into triple... (Feb '14) Feb '14 waka flaka 1
News Deputies at police standoff in Harrisburg; repo... (Mar '13) Mar '13 jeremy H 1
News County report clears officer who shot dog (May '10) Nov '12 shane 5
News Family, friends search for clues in disappearan... (Sep '12) Sep '12 esa chica 1
News Funeral for slain deputy in progress (Jul '12) Aug '12 Sal II 5
News Harrisburg: Chick-fil-A would be welcome (Aug '12) Aug '12 mike deason 1
More from around the web