MOTORSPORTS: Speedway incentive packa...

MOTORSPORTS: Speedway incentive package could surpass $70 million

There are 5 comments on the Charlotte.com story from Nov 20, 2007, titled MOTORSPORTS: Speedway incentive package could surpass $70 million. In it, Charlotte.com reports that:

Incentives aimed at keeping Bruton Smith from closing Lowe's Motor Speedway in Concord could exceed the figure previously disclosed by Cabarrus County leaders, the chairman of the county's board of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charlotte.com.

Tom

Concord, NC

#1 Nov 20, 2007
I hope the board has it's stupid insurance paid !!!
KATHY

Charlotte, NC

#2 Nov 20, 2007
I really hope things work out and that in the future people THINK before they speak. It sure will save us all a lot of money.
Lisa

Charleston, SC

#3 Nov 21, 2007
Just another example of the power of stupid people in large groups! This all stems from the people that BOUGHT HOUSES NEAR A RACE TRACK and then want to complain about the noise. DUH! You live near a race track. What did you expect to hear? And don't even get me started on the balls it takes to tell someone else what they can or cannot do with their OWN PROPERTY!

And for those stupid council members that brought this upon the city... can you spell ELECTION DAY? When the sales tax rate and property taxes are raised to cover what this city loses in revenue when Bruton Smith takes his toys to a new a better playground, do they think any of them are going to still be in office.
MIKE

Concord, NC

#4 Nov 21, 2007
Thanks for your comments Kathy and Lisa. You were both spot on ! DITTO !!!
I have a real problem with idiots !!! If you didn't realize there was a Speedway close to the property you were about to buy, maybe you should have taken a better look around !!! As usual in this country, a few crybabies complain and start a huge mess for everyone else. Guess what, a lot of people live where they do, because WE LIKE the sounds we hear from the Speedway. Thanks Bruton, for not taking away this Historical Landmark we are so proud to live near.
See you in MAY. I'll be the one at the start/finish line flipping off the City Counsel !!!
REBEL ROUSER

Indian Trail, NC

#5 Nov 22, 2007
I believe it would have been cheaper to buy out that neighborhood and sent the whiney yanks back north,thats whats wrong with the piedmont area now,they move in ,then case problems,which results in tax increases across the board.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cabarrus County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deputies search for suspects after shooting par... Nov '15 Justice Wanted 2
mandatory bible classes in cabarrus middle scho... (Aug '15) Aug '15 jesse 1
News Head of Cabarrus advocacy group charged with se... (Jul '12) Sep '14 Stop Now 4
News Cabarrus Co. continue investigation into triple... (Feb '14) Feb '14 waka flaka 1
News Deputies at police standoff in Harrisburg; repo... (Mar '13) Mar '13 jeremy H 1
News County report clears officer who shot dog (May '10) Nov '12 shane 5
News Family, friends search for clues in disappearan... (Sep '12) Sep '12 esa chica 1
More from around the web