Cabarrus County manager chided for calling campus an 'office park'

Full story: Salisbury Post
Castle & Cooke and city officials have criticized Cabarrus County Manager John Day for referring to the North Carolina Research Campus as an "office park." They also are bristling at Day's numerous referrals to ... Full Story
susan causey

Huntersville, NC

#1 Jan 28, 2007
HOORAY!!!!! For Mr. Day, Thank God someone out there is thinking of Kannapolis citizens and their well being. I am from a family of career mill workers who have and are still struggling since all of this happened. These struggling mill workers have very minimal education. But they are trudging on. I understand the magnitude of this research campus. Money is a great issue to this area, we have to live here now. Our roads are terrible, we need parks and recreation that we can afford to take our children to. So I thank Mr. Day for this views.
nate

Concord, NC

#2 Jan 29, 2007
I like John Day's position on the David Murdock shrine. Sort of makes a few people uneasy doesn't it. That's probably a good thing. I hope the citizens of Kannapolis can do better than just underwritting Murdock & Company's project and boosting the profits of his vast property holdings in the area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cabarrus County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Head of Cabarrus advocacy group charged with se... (Jul '12) Sep '14 Stop Now 4
Cabarrus Co. continue investigation into triple... (Feb '14) Feb '14 waka flaka 1
Deputies at police standoff in Harrisburg; repo... (Mar '13) Mar '13 jeremy H 1
County report clears officer who shot dog (May '10) Nov '12 shane 5
Family, friends search for clues in disappearan... (Sep '12) Sep '12 esa chica 1
Funeral for slain deputy in progress (Jul '12) Aug '12 Sal II 5
Harrisburg: Chick-fil-A would be welcome (Aug '12) Aug '12 mike deason 1
More from around the web