Privette: Sex charges not forcing him out
Sep 27, 2007 | Posted by: Charlotte.com | Full story: Charlotte.com
“To be frank, I'm still a little curious about what the nexus is between resigning from the board and selling a home”
The only reason Coy Privette plans to resign as a Cabarrus County commissioner is that he's moving out of the county, he said today.
The decision to resign has nothing to do with the sex-related charges against him, he said.
Privette, who pleaded guilty last month to aiding and abetting prostitution, talked about his plans the day after he met with the leader of the local Republican Party.
'There's no need to resign if I'm not moving,' Privette said. 'If I were not moving, I would stay on at the commission.' Read more
|Cabarrus Co. continue investigation into triple...||Feb 18||waka flaka||1|
|More (Jan '10)||Feb 7||jimmy smith||22|
|Deputies at police standoff in Harrisburg; repo... (Mar '13)||Mar '13||jeremy H||1|
|County report clears officer who shot dog (May '10)||Nov '12||shane||5|
|Family, friends search for clues in disappearan... (Sep '12)||Sep '12||esa chica||1|
|Funeral for slain deputy in progress (Jul '12)||Aug '12||Sal II||5|
|Harrisburg: Chick-fil-A would be welcome (Aug '12)||Aug '12||mike deason||1|