Privette: Sex charges not forcing him out

Sep 27, 2007 | Posted by: Charlotte.com | Full story: Charlotte.com

“To be frank, I'm still a little curious about what the nexus is between resigning from the board and selling a home”

The only reason Coy Privette plans to resign as a Cabarrus County commissioner is that he's moving out of the county, he said today.

The decision to resign has nothing to do with the sex-related charges against him, he said.

Privette, who pleaded guilty last month to aiding and abetting prostitution, talked about his plans the day after he met with the leader of the local Republican Party.

'There's no need to resign if I'm not moving,' Privette said. 'If I were not moving, I would stay on at the commission.' Read more

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Oct 9, 2007
CONCERNED IN LOS ANGELES

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2007

I DON'T THINK THIS FOOL GOT THE MESSAGE. SOUTHERN SO-CALLED PREACHERS ALREADY HAVE A TARNISHED IMAGE. 10 TO 1 ODDS HE DOESN'T BELIEVE A DAMN WORD HE PREACHES. THEY NEED TO REALLY CHECK THE BOOKS VERY THOROUGHLY. HOW MANY $$$$$ DID HE ACTUALLY TAKE FOR HIMSELF? DON'T WAIT FOR HIM TO RESIGN---KICK THE FOOL OUT.
gnsnap26

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2007

Wonder if he know's Richard Robert's, Oral's pride 'n joy?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cabarrus County Discussions

Search the Cabarrus County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cabarrus Co. continue investigation into triple... Feb '14 waka flaka 1
Deputies at police standoff in Harrisburg; repo... (Mar '13) Mar '13 jeremy H 1
County report clears officer who shot dog (May '10) Nov '12 shane 5
Family, friends search for clues in disappearan... (Sep '12) Sep '12 esa chica 1
Funeral for slain deputy in progress (Jul '12) Aug '12 Sal II 5
Harrisburg: Chick-fil-A would be welcome (Aug '12) Aug '12 mike deason 1
Head of Cabarrus advocacy group charged with se... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Danimal 3
•••
•••