Carlton Gary's stay of execution denied

Carlton Gary's stay of execution denied

There are 5 comments on the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer story from Dec 17, 2009, titled Carlton Gary's stay of execution denied. In it, Columbus Ledger-Enquirer reports that:

Almost 24 hours after it finished hearing testimony in the case of condemned Stocking Strangler Carlton Gary, the Georgia Board of Pardons and Paroles today denied his defense attorney's push for a stay of execution to DNA-test evidence in the 1970s rapes and stranglings of elderly Columbus women.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Ledger-Enquirer.

Concerned

United States

#1 Jan 20, 2010
Again, judges are quick to make decisions. Why not wait and make 100% sure the man is guilty or not? Sure I don't know all the facts in the case....but bet the judge wanted to get out by noon.
Truth B Told

Waverly Hall, GA

#2 Jan 23, 2010
His finger prints were found at the scene of three of the victims, his DNA was used to convict him in another state for doing the same crimes he was doing here. So that's three convictions for murder. Why wait for the DNA to convict him yet another way? I have an idea (concerned) why don't you put him up at your grandmothers house while we wait for the results.
J Marie

Chicago, IL

#3 Mar 20, 2010
Whoever reading this, Carlton is my oldest brother, all I HAVE IS FUN MEMORIES. What he done in the past I and you dont know but God is a forgiving God . I Believe my brother otherwise he wont be going threw all this Mess.My brother is a human being, his name is Mr.Carlton M.Gary Not the Stocking Strangler. You can call him whatever you likeor call what you like, they talked about Jesus Christ. I can say the Gary is a strong loving family.If it was another race It would of been difernt. Dont write back because I wont read and you are wasting your time. Im Out
Jim Pickens

Columbus, GA

#4 Mar 20, 2010
J Marie wrote:
Whoever reading this, Carlton is my oldest brother, all I HAVE IS FUN MEMORIES. What he done in the past I and you dont know but God is a forgiving God . I Believe my brother otherwise he wont be going threw all this Mess.My brother is a human being, his name is Mr.Carlton M.Gary Not the Stocking Strangler. You can call him whatever you likeor call what you like, they talked about Jesus Christ. I can say the Gary is a strong loving family.If it was another race It would of been difernt. Dont write back because I wont read and you are wasting your time. Im Out
When I read your post I imagine a child having their say and then sticking their fingers in their ears and yelling "blah blah blah, I can't hear what you are saying"
Remember the second thief on the cross owned up to what he did and Jesus forgave him. I really do hope and pray Carlton has sought out God's mercy but do not take lightly the very evil acts he has committed. Please do not try to excuse his evil actions by using race, you do more harm than good in doing so
Truth B Told

Waverly Hall, GA

#5 Mar 20, 2010
J Marie your brother is the devil himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Butts County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
man cut in the face at jackson prison georgia d... (Feb '12) Sep '17 Jason 12
News Butts Co. investigators close cold case after 1... (Mar '15) Jun '15 Tell the truth Milam 3
News Troy Davis executed after court decision (Sep '11) Mar '15 truthfighter 42
News GA inmate Marcus Wellons executed, 1st since bo... (Jun '14) Mar '15 truthfighter 3
News Georgia to execute female inmate for first time... (Mar '15) Mar '15 guest 2
News Missing Butts Co. Woman Last Seen Three Weeks Ago (Oct '10) Feb '15 oldsckoolrooster 9
News Payne running for sheriff (Jun '08) Apr '14 Ncea5469 71
More from around the web