Letter: Fireworks make a problem year...

Letter: Fireworks make a problem year worse

There are 3 comments on the Oroville Mercury-Register story from Jul 2, 2008, titled Letter: Fireworks make a problem year worse. In it, Oroville Mercury-Register reports that:

I am a very patriotic and a very concerned citizen of Butte County and Oroville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oroville Mercury-Register.

United States

#1 Jul 2, 2008
Anna, very well put, but the Oroville City Council and the Fire Department with their non-existant decision makers don't have the stones to make the right decision in banning fireworks this year. Yes it would be unpopular and some groups would lose some money, but shouldn't safety come first?

“Use a klean kanteen.”

Since: Mar 08

#4 Jul 2, 2008
I agree completely!!! I can't believe that fireworks are even being sold at all this year! It's such a silly waste of money and fire danger. I know my family will not be participating at all in fireworks.

United States

#6 Jul 3, 2008
The Plague - Just FYI, the Oroville Fire Department does not have a Fire Marshall. In fact, they are short two Chief positions as is. The "interim" Chief is not a decision maker whatsoever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Butte County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Letter: Letter writer's thoughts objectionable (Feb '10) Mar '10 4thGenChico 32
News 09.OCT.08 Chamber discusses plans for special b... (Nov '08) Sep '09 aster 27
News Letter: Speak out to preserve libraries (May '09) May '09 sandy hobart 4
US man, Gabe Watson, who has been charged with ... (Oct '08) Oct '08 Amy 1
More from around the web