Butte County's Smith one of 17 sherif...

Butte County's Smith one of 17 sheriffs opposing further gun controls

There are 3 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Feb 2, 2013, titled Butte County's Smith one of 17 sheriffs opposing further gun controls. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

"We have gun control in California; anything further than that we oppose," Smith said, noting he recently attended a meeting of Northern California sheriffs where the subject came up.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

Scared Of Sheriff

Chico, CA

#1 Feb 3, 2013
I have a right to live in a rural neighborhood without hearing the thunder of semi-automatic ballistic explosions from people who live within a 1.5 mile radius; a right to not worry about stray bullets from "responsible" target shooters; a right to live in a community that is not polluted with lead shot. Bogus Constitutionalists like Sheriff Smith think it is fine to harass folks who prefer Cannabis over Booze and then brag about their sacred pledge to defend the Constitution. Why do gun promoters always focus on the second half of the second amendment without even contemplating the first portion: "A well regulated militia". Sheriff Smith should take off his cowboy costume and act like a modern peace officer.
SID

Paradise, CA

#2 Feb 12, 2013
Scared Of Sheriff wrote:
I have a right to live in a rural neighborhood without hearing the thunder of semi-automatic ballistic explosions from people who live within a 1.5 mile radius; a right to not worry about stray bullets from "responsible" target shooters; a right to live in a community that is not polluted with lead shot. Bogus Constitutionalists like Sheriff Smith think it is fine to harass folks who prefer Cannabis over Booze and then brag about their sacred pledge to defend the Constitution. Why do gun promoters always focus on the second half of the second amendment without even contemplating the first portion: "A well regulated militia". Sheriff Smith should take off his cowboy costume and act like a modern peace officer.
Pollution of lead shot? How about stopping people from fishing? They pollute our drinking water with lead sinkers! Plus the poor fish have feelings too! Now you want to stop people from shooting their guns within 1.5 miles from your presence. I sorry that noise from people enjoying their guns hamper your high from your pot. If you really have a problem with people 1.5 miles away from you maybe you should move back to the city from where you came from. It's a crying shame to hear liberals move into rural areas and bitch about the local cowboy culture. Peace Brother!!!
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#3 Feb 12, 2013
Scared Of Sheriff wrote:
What does the "well regulated" have to do with the right to keep and bear arms?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Butte County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Letter: Mike Ramsey's roots set him apart from ... (May '10) 15 hr scattered 26
Fresno man held for trial for Oroville homicide... Apr '15 amber 1
News Southern Calif. offers $71M for Sacramento Vall... Mar '15 The right is wrong 27
News Chico gang detectives see rise in violent crimes Feb '15 Here Is One 7
News : Homes near Palermo evacuated as fire burns st... (Jun '08) Jan '15 Joan Rios 20
News Top 10 stories of 2014 Jan '15 Here Is One 5
Free exercise equipment- paradise ,ca (Oct '14) Dec '14 Derrick Sly 3
More from around the web