Large pot operation raided in Butte Creek Canyon

A huge quantity of processed marijuana and $40,000 in cash was seized early this morning as three law enforcement teams searched a large property on Gold Nugget Road east of CENTERVILLE Road. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Toker

Chico, CA

#1 Feb 13, 2009
So did Christian rat these fine folks out, too?
Sad

Chico, CA

#2 Feb 13, 2009
I guess the budget cuts are forcing the police to round up the growers for income

drug money is very profitable.
Jillian

Gridley, CA

#3 Feb 13, 2009
"Sad" I agree 100%!! They are defiantly making a profit and I wouldn't be surprised of some of the money came up " Missing" I think their are plenty other things they could be doing...Come to my neighborhood, you have kids with guns a couple meth labs that you can smell in the morning!! Find something better to do with OUR tax money!

Since: Dec 08

Paradise, CA

#4 Feb 13, 2009
Sad wrote:
I guess the budget cuts are forcing the police to round up the growers for income
drug money is very profitable.
It is very convenient that the dopers had their cash with the dope. Let's hope that the cops file for forfeiture of their home too. Making it a real win win situation.
Snitches get stitches

Chico, CA

#5 Feb 13, 2009
Hmmm. Wonder how they got busted?
Real convenient that it goes down 1 day after the last bust.
Joe Sixpack

Manteca, CA

#6 Feb 13, 2009
Oooooh! Another big pot bust! And how about the murderers running loose? Oh, stoners are easier to bust, and you get to confiscate all that cash!
Potheads R Stupid

Chico, CA

#7 Feb 13, 2009
pypr wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very convenient that the dopers had their cash with the dope. Let's hope that the cops file for forfeiture of their home too. Making it a real win win situation.
Man, what a couple weeks. Huge pot busts all over. It just does not get any better than this.
Oh yeah, they will lose their home. If they don't, it will be a travesty of justice.
Note there was a hypodermic needle found too. The silly notion (often posted in Topix -- explicitly or implicitly -- is that potheads, be they producers or consumers, limit their illegal drug consumption to pot.
What a laugh. Nearly every pothead I have ever known would ingest opium, crank, coke, psilocybin mushrooms, prescription pain killers, alcohol, datura root, opium, peyote or LSD at the drop of a hat.
Potheads R Stupid

Chico, CA

#8 Feb 13, 2009
Joe Sixpack wrote:
Oooooh! Another big pot bust! And how about the murderers running loose? Oh, stoners are easier to bust, and you get to confiscate all that cash!
You must be a pothead to think that the police do not pursue murderers vigorously and with every tool at their disposal so they can concentrate instead on pot criminals.

Further proof that potheads are complete idiots living in an idiotic fantasy land.
Billy Swinger

United States

#9 Feb 13, 2009
Potheads R Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, what a couple weeks. Huge pot busts all over. It just does not get any better than this.
Oh yeah, they will lose their home. If they don't, it will be a travesty of justice.
Note there was a hypodermic needle found too. The silly notion (often posted in Topix -- explicitly or implicitly -- is that potheads, be they producers or consumers, limit their illegal drug consumption to pot.
What a laugh. Nearly every pothead I have ever known would ingest opium, crank, coke, psilocybin mushrooms, prescription pain killers, alcohol, datura root, opium, peyote or LSD at the drop of a hat.
You mentioned opium twice here in your little article...hmmm....I think Im on to you.

Since: Nov 08

United States

#10 Feb 13, 2009
Fascism at work. The Drug War has destroyed freedom in this Country. Land of the Free, What a joke. More like Land of the Prisons. We live in a police state
Joel Castle

Corona, CA

#11 Feb 13, 2009
those that bear false witness will go to Hell,you again with no name,prolly a cop..........
Potheads R Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Joel Castle

Corona, CA

#12 Feb 13, 2009
Hey to all you cops,why do you enjoy your job so much when taking down unarmed patients.Because when you get blown away,should we have empathy,compassion.The Sherriff,D.A. and,Supervisors are the real threat to society not the patients,hell no.You have guns and,think you have the right to invade our privacy.Where is the justice here?I hope all of you Sherriff`s burn in hell..........I am just the dawg to put you there,you will see.I am meeting with the Senator Aanestad and,if I do not get any satisfaction with them immediately then,I will go over his head to the Obama Camp.When they get to Butte County,Heads are going to role.I am coming you feel the heat Dect Handcock,Your intertask force has sucked in this county,it was supposed to be set up for meth labs,but busting the Medical Cannabis Community is like shooting fish in a barrell.Well,we are going to fight back.Maybe,you will ultimately be the ones who pay the price in prison.The jail is a incubator for diseases,hopefully yours won`t exaserbate.
SJG

Coalinga, CA

#13 Feb 13, 2009
My friend, if you are going to fight the man; at least use the space bar and spell check.
calhoon

Nelson, CA

#14 Feb 13, 2009
you can buy a lot of doughnuts for forty-thousand dollars !i doubt that the price of reefer will go up because of this pot bust,there is so much of it.when these people get out of jail they won't be able to find a job,so they will have to sell reefer again just to be able to survive.
Scotty Too Cool

Hayward, CA

#15 Feb 13, 2009
Where is the spell check here?
Joel Castle

Corona, CA

#16 Feb 13, 2009
to imply that i am not perfect or the program that this newspaper is maybe doing it?Your a missing the point..........not about me....it is about the cause.....you may try to pick apart,that is my part in this,however,the highest IQ`s want cannabis decriminilized like the doctors,however lower iq`s donot seem to want it at all.I truly accredit this to the seventy years of propaganda.You were always taught that it was wrong....I get it....now you get it..........
SJG wrote:
My friend, if you are going to fight the man; at least use the space bar and spell check.
Joel Castle

Corona, CA

#17 Feb 13, 2009
Yeah...and then let`s cain the patients....yeah...then we can swing some cats around....ha huh ha huh..........how much dumber could you possibly be.Rip off the guys life savings,he was not arrested selling you insullent assuming idiot.
pypr wrote:
<quoted text>
Local Yokel

United States

#18 Feb 13, 2009
Joel Castle wrote:
Yeah...and then let`s cain the patients....yeah...then we can swing some cats around....ha huh ha huh..........how much dumber could you possibly be.Rip off the guys life savings,he was not arrested selling you insullent assuming idiot.<quoted text>
One Adam Twelve we got a copy on 'Joel Castle' from his isp provider...warrant issued. Yank his bank accounts, property and other ill gotten gains from selling his extra medicine. Tax evasion charges pending... one-adam-twelve out.

Since: Dec 08

Paradise, CA

#19 Feb 13, 2009
I don't see anywhere that these dopers are trying to claim medical use. There are some waste of human life out there growing pot to sell to poor folks in the ghetto and to kids. Not all pot is grown with the intention to "treat" medical patients.
Potheads R Stupid

United States

#20 Feb 13, 2009
Billy Swinger wrote:
<quoted text>You mentioned opium twice here in your little article...hmmm....I think Im on to you.
Ooops, silly me. I mentioned opium twice! Damn! I should have read it over before posting!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Butte County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chico gang detectives see rise in violent crimes Sat Here Is One 7
: Homes near Palermo evacuated as fire burns st... (Jun '08) Jan '15 Joan Rios 20
Top 10 stories of 2014 Jan '15 Here Is One 5
Free exercise equipment- paradise ,ca Dec '14 Derrick Sly 3
EDITORIAL: Dolan deserves a respectful departure (Jun '10) Aug '14 The right is wrong 6
The real dirt: Living with oaks in the home lan... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Sam Williams 1
Mental health patient critical after struggle w... (Jul '14) Jul '14 EEE 1
More from around the web