Community Members Say Butler County Suicide was Cyberbullying

Aug 3, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WBKO-TV Bowling Green

Family friends told us seventeen-year-old Jaclyn Daugherty was not the type of person to take her own life.

Comments
1 - 20 of 46 Comments Last updated Dec 21, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Kasie Mason

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

Judged:

Its terrible that a young bright girl like Jaclyn took her life because some people wanted to sit there and make her feel like nothing.. It's sad to know people get a kick out of destroying someone's self confidence like that.. I didn't know Jaclyn that well but when I did talk to her she was very nice and could put a smile on someones face. Bullying HAS to stop because people are right it's not just her that has token her life because of cyber bullying.. When need to take this more serious before it happens again.. It can't just be stop but a group of people, everyone needs to stand up and take action.. I give my prayers out to Jaclyns family and friends and anyone else who has lost a lived one over bullying..
thats right

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

Judged:

AMEN! This is soo sad, prayers go out to Jaclyns family!
truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

Community members need to get facts straight, not to mention find better community members. Not bullies
judge brown

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

that girl you taking about is my cousin show her respect people like you need grow up she was teen no one perect
concerned citizen

Alvaton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

Bullies need to be taught respect. Even if someone is a someone you may not personally like, do not bully them. Bullies are people who think they are all that and no one will be as good as them. You need to get your heads out of your buttholes. I hope you feel good about yourselves since you made someone else off themselves.
concerned citizen

Alvaton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Are your parents bullies also?
rip jaclyn

Cub Run, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

I hope whoever caused her to take her life, rots in hell. you are sick & she did not derserve to get treated the way she did, i hope and pray you get what you deserve!
arc2012

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

I agree this girl was no saint. I use ride the bus with her and all she ever did was yell and scream at people. She even went as far to talk bad about my 1year old. Yes it's sad she took her own life but she was no angel. She couldn't deal so she took the easy way out.
concerned citizen

Alvaton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

The blame goes more on the bullies than the fact that she could not deal as you said.
arc2012

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

She could dish out hurt and pain. Just not take it? Something else was wrong.
Kentucky Girl

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

I didn't even know her, but from just what I've read, it seems there was more going on besides cyber bullying going on. Looks like she was trying to reach out for help. I wish she could have.
Nankipoo

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Everybody thats on here downing her really needs to get a life, can you just imagine what her poor family is going through. No no one is perfect but we are talking about a teenage girl who will never know what life is like will never know what it's like to love your own child or nothing else. So if nothing else have more respect for her family if nothing else and keep your bullshit talk to yourself,and grow the hell up.
R-I-P Jaclyn

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

People really need to grow up an I mean no Jaclyn wasn't perfect but I agree with nankipoo we should all have respect for her family an friends now.. We love an miss u Jaclyn R.I.P<3
arc2012

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Having respect for the family and a ting like this kid was a saint are vastly different and the saintly part is what everyone's doing...
arc2012

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

I'm not even gonna act like that post made sense. No one said they were saints. People were simply saying she wasn't one. Don't blame other people for her killing herself because she was mean if not meaner than half of what people supposedly said to her.
Right

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

Go look at her twitter she had a bunch going on in her life she was crying out for help and for real friends rip jac you will be missed by many.
alana

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

arc2012 wrote:
I agree this girl was no saint. I use ride the bus with her and all she ever did was yell and scream at people. She even went as far to talk bad about my 1year old. Yes it's sad she took her own life but she was no angel. She couldn't deal so she took the easy way out.
Dont you dare disrespect the dead your are no angel either!
alana

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

I voluenterd with jaclyn in the haunted asylum. She was always really nice & helped out when she could. Dont disrespect her no one is saying she was a saint. When you disrespect the dead you disrespect their families. To thoose people you've already hurt enough so STOP & think about what you are doing. Jaclyn had a little brother that now will have to grow up with out her. On behalf of her family i would like to ask you to stop.
arc2012

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

alana wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont you dare disrespect the dead your are no angel either!
never disrespected her or said I was a angel. I was simply stating a truth that not only I experienced but my siblings and my child as well. Each person has 2 sides. I know I am not the only one who seen the bad. Like I said Its a shame she killed herself. But she wasn't as sweet as everyone makes her out to be.
Sue

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

concerned citizen wrote:
Are your parents bullies also?
1/2 of butler co is bullies,wish every one else bad luck if they have more than a pot to piss in.

If you don't believe me,the next time you are out smile about everything/anybody,also to people you meet ACT VERY NICE,they will talk about you and will think you are up to something
for being nice.
It just runs people crazy.
people just don't like people who enjoy life..
TRY IT AND YOU WILL SEE HOW OTHERS TAKE YOU??

ps,if you are in the family this really runs them crazy .
The poorer they are the more it will run them nuts thinking what you are up to.lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Butler County Discussions

Search the Butler County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Butler County Man Charged With Arson in House Fire Jun '14 typical in butler county 21
butler county republicans call to action May '14 STERLING 1
City Council Debates Salaries Mar '14 Take a stand 2
Butler Co. Murder Trial Ends as Defendant Takes... (Jun '09) Mar '14 Hmmm 32
Butler County Man Arrested for Rape (Jul '13) Mar '14 wow 18
Synthetic Marijuana Still not Banned Everywhere... (Mar '12) Aug '13 coattail 5
clinton d steward (Jul '13) Jul '13 Lookin 1
•••
•••