Phillip Blankenship will spend life in prison

Mar 17, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Hickory Daily Record

Phillip Kyle Blankenship, 22, will spend the rest of his life in jail without the possibility of parole.

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated May 8, 2014
happybunny

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2009

Judged:

Im really sorry for what happend to olivia but I think yall should leave gods work in gods hands im not saying I dont beleive in justice but did yall see him do it and what if he was framed to many people try to live in the old testament ill be praying for olivia and phillip blankenship
ciely

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Judged:

happybunny wrote:
Im really sorry for what happend to olivia but I think yall should leave gods work in gods hands im not saying I dont beleive in justice but did yall see him do it and what if he was framed to many people try to live in the old testament ill be praying for olivia and phillip blankenship
Olivia is just fine, it's that bald-headed liar that needs prayer. I take it if Olivia were your family, you would still feel this same way! And yes, we should do like the Bible says...eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. That would mean no 3 hots and a cot.Hang him!
A Friend

Grants Pass, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

Judged:

Ya'll are really nieve if you believe Phillip did this. I spent 2 years in the cell next to him and spoke with him day in and day out. Ive seen the evidence (or lack there of), and I KNOW how Burke County runs their little show. Phillip is no angel, but he is no murderer either. You will all be regretting your comments later on when the REAL truth comes out.
alaina

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

she was my ant yes he is a murder i know that and im 10 so u dont know what its like to lose an ant that was only 16 i was 6 know SHUT UR MOTH!!!!!
a guy that knew phillip

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

dude your the 1 thats nieve if u believe phillip is innocent he failed the polygraph as miserable as one can fail and i knew him and every other word that came outta his mouth was a lie he was a bold face lier and not a good 1 at that are u the 1 he claims to have left her with when he dropped her off maybe your the 1 he wouldnt give up the name of in court
kev

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2011

if anyone thinks phillip is innocent & believes him u are stupid & need to just shut up i knew phillip well i used to try to get his girlfriend he had at the time to dump him & go out with me bet now she wishes she had of i seen phillip at the store 2 days before his arrest it was a simple hey how ya doin kinda thing i knew olivia was missing but him being her killer never crossed my mind but 2 days later when i saw the news i found myself wyping my hand that i shook his hand with on my shirt i havent got over it yet i even visited the site where her body was found they have a cross standing with her name & date she died on it Greer Avenue Glen Alpine
kev

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2011

A Friend wrote:
Ya'll are really nieve if you believe Phillip did this. I spent 2 years in the cell next to him and spoke with him day in and day out. Ive seen the evidence (or lack there of), and I KNOW how Burke County runs their little show. Phillip is no angel, but he is no murderer either. You will all be regretting your comments later on when the REAL truth comes out.
and your just as dumb as him & why the hell did they let u out sounds like u should still be in there
Olivias-Friends

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

To "A Friend"(Eugene, OR) "HappyBunny"(Morgant on, NC) & to the others who think this a**hole is innocent....
You DID NOT KNOW Olivia!! She wasn't dating this jerk, & in her own words, during the phone calls she had made, that she had just met him that day, & didn't even know his name. I know this because my fiance' & several others received a phone call from her, saying she was being held against her will, & was fearing for her life, & needed help. She personally told of her plan to try to escape & have a car waiting to pick her up, before anything bad happened. This story was being corroborated by the person she had came with that day,(who was also a prosecution witness, & the last person, besides the murderer to see her ALIVE!),who also contacted my fiance', telling that she had fled herself sometime just before, fearing the same fate. The terror my fiance' heard in her voice was completely indescribable. This voice was the voice of someone who KNEW their death was imminent, unless help came in time. The captor was EXTREMELY intoxicated & armed, to the point my fiance' was in fear of his own death, were he to intervene, as was all the others who received the same call...But as she did not know her exact location. Now not only did my fiance' & others know her extremely well, I myself grew up beside her grandfather, & I knew her parents & me & Olivia were together every weekend for almost 10-12 years as children, & as young teens. She was my very best friend, & this monster deserves worse than "life-in-prison" or the "death-penalty". So I don't want to EVER hear another bad word against Olivia. Most of you with your horrible, or mis-informed opinions against her, someone you didn't even know, & the ones who, for some damn reason, seem to be on that murderer's side, you deserve to be right there beside him...rotting! Now, I miss Olivia....so much, & I just want the correct justice. Olivia & me grew up together, & she really helped shape me into the loving, caring, person I am today. And there is NO WAY a beautiful, happy, well-rounded sweetheart like her should have died so early & so violently. Olivia, girl, I just want you to know, I love you, & so do ALL the others who knew you just as well, & more. We all MISS YOU DEARLY, & wish you could be back with us, laughing, joking around, & smiling the way you used to. But all your dear friends & family will always remember you the way you were & still are.
LOVE FOREVER!
happybunny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Olivias-Friends wrote:
To "A Friend"(Eugene, OR) "HappyBunny"(Morgant on, NC) & to the others who think this a**hole is innocent....
You DID NOT KNOW Olivia!! She wasn't dating this jerk, & in her own words, during the phone calls she had made, that she had just met him that day, & didn't even know his name. I know this because my fiance' & several others received a phone call from her, saying she was being held against her will, & was fearing for her life, & needed help. She personally told of her plan to try to escape & have a car waiting to pick her up, before anything bad happened. This story was being corroborated by the person she had came with that day,(who was also a prosecution witness, & the last person, besides the murderer to see her ALIVE!),who also contacted my fiance', telling that she had fled herself sometime just before, fearing the same fate. The terror my fiance' heard in her voice was completely indescribable. This voice was the voice of someone who KNEW their death was imminent, unless help came in time. The captor was EXTREMELY intoxicated & armed, to the point my fiance' was in fear of his own death, were he to intervene, as was all the others who received the same call...But as she did not know her exact location. Now not only did my fiance' & others know her extremely well, I myself grew up beside her grandfather, & I knew her parents & me & Olivia were together every weekend for almost 10-12 years as children, & as young teens. She was my very best friend, & this monster deserves worse than "life-in-prison" or the "death-penalty". So I don't want to EVER hear another bad word against Olivia. Most of you with your horrible, or mis-informed opinions against her, someone you didn't even know, & the ones who, for some damn reason, seem to be on that murderer's side, you deserve to be right there beside him...rotting! Now, I miss Olivia....so much, & I just want the correct justice. Olivia & me grew up together, & she really helped shape me into the loving, caring, person I am today. And there is NO WAY a beautiful, happy, well-rounded sweetheart like her should have died so early & so violently. Olivia, girl, I just want you to know, I love you, & so do ALL the others who knew you just as well, & more. We all MISS YOU DEARLY, & wish you could be back with us, laughing, joking around, & smiling the way you used to. But all your dear friends & family will always remember you the way you were & still are.
LOVE FOREVER!
so easy for you to point your finger out of hurt only if you were in his shoes.
IH8Morons

New Bern, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

happybunny wrote:
<quoted text> so easy for you to point your finger out of hurt only if you were in his shoes.
Happy Bunny, were you the one who killed Olivia then? Your moronic friend, unless it WAS you, killed one of the kindest people I have ever known. She was so vibrant and happy...until your MORON of a friend killed her so violently. I can't believe you would defend his stupid actions. He has inflicted indescribable pain on a family, aching for their little girl back, YET HIS SORRY A** GETS TO LIVE! The nerve of some people... While you're all, "aw guys you have to think about what my friend has to go through," I'm imagining the horror of what she endured. How dare you.
Tosha_thatsme

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2014

Phillip is a piece of shit that deserves to be raped, beaten and left in a box 6 feet under to die for lack of oxygen. For ANYONE to sit here and say hes innocent is not only a damn moron but a pathetic excuse for a human being. Anyone who knew Olivia knew she was the sweetest person. She befriended a monster in disguise. Olivia was brutally murdered and didnt deserve anything that happened to her. You have her niece on here reading your nonsense. Phillip deserves the same treatment that he put Olivia through. Screw what anyone says about snitchs, aint nobody about to do life in prison with no parole for somebody else if their truley innocent. You wanna know who the other person was that Phillip says was there? The damn devil thats who. Olivia is safe now where no animal or monster can ever hurt her again. Yeah better pray for him because eventually some inmate is gunna get him. Let his pathetic excuse of oxygen breathin self ever be confined in Morganton or the surrounding area. Theres inmates that dont see a body added to their list as a big deal and prison guards that will turn their heads as it happens. He will feel the power of God becauae everyone on this Earth has a reason and a calling. Phillip deserves to die a slow, painful death. Anyone who thinks otherwise can sit in there with him and rot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Burke County Discussions

Search the Burke County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Sci-Fi movie about Brown Mountain lights debuts... Jul 25 Not impressed 6
One dead in triple stabbing (Dec '11) Mar '14 datsafactjack 86
Michael Monn Mar '14 Well 1
Burke man sentenced for rape, larceny Mar '14 your stupid 2
Move the Heck Over on I-40!! Feb '14 DriverNC1 1
Morganton Mayor Speaks Out Over Controversy Sur... (Jun '09) Nov '13 Natasha 23
We have a great Sheriff Steve Whisenant (Oct '13) Oct '13 Mary Grady 6
•••
•••