Inequality growing worse in Asheville...

Inequality growing worse in Asheville and elsewhere

There are 4 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Sep 22, 2013, titled Inequality growing worse in Asheville and elsewhere. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

If you follow the monthly numbers about unemployment and job creation here in Asheville and across America, something is not adding up.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

ApePeeD

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#1 Sep 23, 2013
*Sarcastically play Peter Gabriel's song "Big Time"*
ApePeeD

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4 Sep 23, 2013
Bertha Hunnicutt wrote:
Everyone has equal opportunity. Some have more than others because they WORK for it and planned their lives with education, technical training, etc.
Yes, equal opportunity. I'm sure Chief William Anderson's son, Chad Anderson, had SUCH an "equal opportunity" to that government job which he blew away when he got drunk.

And I'm sure money has NOTHING to do with equal opportunity in this cold, cruel world.
Hopey

Buffalo, NY

#5 Sep 23, 2013
Buncy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, equal opportunity. I'm sure Chief William Anderson's son, Chad Anderson, had SUCH an "equal opportunity" to that government job which he blew away when he got drunk.
And I'm sure money has NOTHING to do with equal opportunity in this cold, cruel world.
Buncy, you want cold and cruel? Move to Siberiabitch.
Dopey

Asheville, NC

#6 Sep 23, 2013
Hopey wrote:
<quoted text>
Buncy, you want cold and cruel? Move to Siberiabitch.
Sorry, the government decided to spend $10,000,000 on a firing range instead of roads and sidewalks. I can't even make it to the airport.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buncombe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Carolina seeks to change its judges: reba... Nov 4 Flush Calvin Hill 1
News Asheville man uplifts others after prison stint (Jan '14) Nov 4 Hon Jill W Rose 10
News Sheriff-manager rift widens (Sep '08) Sep '17 Jeff 105
News Local economies in shambles as North Carolina p... Jul '17 BicPen 1
DSS/CPS Corruption (Sep '11) Jul '17 Dawn1778 4
Understanding Asheville city and county-wide sc... Jun '17 FutureECTecher 1
fire and iron mc (Dec '12) Apr '17 steve 39
More from around the web