Proposed Buncombe budget would raise ...

Proposed Buncombe budget would raise taxes

There are 4 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from May 24, 2013, titled Proposed Buncombe budget would raise taxes. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Buncombe County property owners would see a 2.6 percent tax increase under the budget proposed by County Manager Wanda Greene.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

What

Asheville, NC

#1 May 25, 2013
Why do we need MORE schools, if we are in the baby BUST generation?
Ohh

Asheville, NC

#2 May 25, 2013
"The county would also spend $10 million during the upcoming fiscal year on an indoor firing range building with classroom space for law enforcement training."

Ooooh... I get it. The Chief of police's son's wallet needs padding.
ApePeeD

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4 May 25, 2013
Money Wasted wrote:
They already have an indoor firing range at AB Tech.
Probably for our firemen, then:

http://www.wyff4.com/Police-Asheville-Firefig...
anon

Asheville, NC

#5 May 25, 2013
Until the voting regs are changed and only those who PAY property taxes can vote locally, then the lunacy will continue. We're going to get to the point where people are going to be evicted from their homes because they can't afford their taxes. The consequences of that won't be pretty. I have no issues with someone shooting tax officials or any cop who is there to evict them from their home. None.

Tax the million dollar non-profits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buncombe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News County finances in good shape despite Greene in... Jan 29 Ossie Metcalf 1
News North Carolina seeks to change its judges: reba... Jan '18 Flush Liberals 48
News Police: Texas man wrote worthless check of $775... (Apr '12) Dec '17 deaelrship 12
News Asheville man uplifts others after prison stint (Jan '14) Nov '17 Hon Jill W Rose 10
News Sheriff-manager rift widens (Sep '08) Sep '17 Jeff 105
News Local economies in shambles as North Carolina p... (Jul '17) Jul '17 BicPen 1
DSS/CPS Corruption (Sep '11) Jul '17 Dawn1778 4
More from around the web