Couple arrested in Asheville while pr...

Couple arrested in Asheville while protesting gay marriage ban

There are 19 comments on the The Asheville Citizen-Times story from Oct 14, 2011, titled Couple arrested in Asheville while protesting gay marriage ban. In it, The Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

A two-week-long campaign to protest North Carolina's laws prohibiting gay marriage ended with two demonstrators being arrested Friday in Asheville after they refused to leave a county office building where marriage licenses are granted.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Asheville Citizen-Times.

What

Weaverville, NC

#1 Oct 15, 2011
Seriously, our cops have nothing better to do than arrest this elderly lesbian couple that just wants to get married? Shit...
FOS

United States

#2 Oct 15, 2011
when told to 'move' by LEO, you move. plain and simple.
Willard Hartsock

Skyland, NC

#3 Oct 15, 2011
FOS wrote:
Just like you, Willard. You learned to put your hands behind your back and squeal like a pig, didn't you, little feller?
Taber Hyde

United States

#4 Oct 15, 2011
I got your mugshot and booking info from your arrest for 'criminal threatening' against me in May 2010 in PDF. Anyone who wants a copy email me. LOLOLOL!

“Bring Back Bush!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#5 Oct 15, 2011
Get Big Government out of the wedding business! These sinners impinge upon my personal liberty!
SLIF

Toronto, Canada

#6 Oct 15, 2011
What wrote:
Seriously, our cops have nothing better to do than arrest this elderly lesbian couple that just wants to get married? Shit...
They should protest unmarried straights who have more political rights.
Melanie Anderson

United States

#7 Oct 15, 2011
Gay people can't get married in North Carolina.
They know this! They need to get the hell
out of Asheville and North Carolina and go
to NY. California ect.
Asheville is my hometown and when I visited
my boyfriends family up in Michigan
one of my boyfriends sisters friend found
out I was from Asheville joked with me
and asked if I was gay or a hippie!
Asheville has a horrible reputation and
my boyfriend and I are getting married next june
and moving away from this overhyped
ugly place.
Old Bats Deserved It

Maiden, NC

#8 Oct 15, 2011
These old pervert bats deserved to be arrested. This aint Chicago. Let them go home.
Liza Higgins

Maiden, NC

#10 Oct 15, 2011
SLIF wrote:
<quoted text>They should protest unmarried straights who have more political rights.
What in the Lord's name is a "straight"? Is that some new category of sexual deviant? I'd think every one would want to just be normal and go for the ladies (if you are a man) and the men (if you are a lady).
Ban Homophobia

Skyland, NC

#11 Oct 16, 2011
Liza Higgins wrote:
<quoted text>
What in the Lord's name is a "straight"? Is that some new category of sexual deviant? I'd think every one would want to just be normal and go for the ladies (if you are a man) and the men (if you are a lady).
If you're straight, that's normal. If you're gay that's normal too. Accepted national organizations of both psychiatrists and psychologists both declare, and have done so for years, that homosexuality in humans in normal. Just as it is in animals. Have you ever seen the PBS special on bonobo chimpanzees?
The American Psychiatric Association decreed gayness to be normal in humans in the early seventies. Same for the psychologists.
Get over it. Gayness is here to stay. There is no "cure." It is not a disease; it is a way of life with genetic components. Deal with it and keep your big long snout out of other people's business.
Hippie

Maiden, NC

#12 Oct 16, 2011
These tuna salad munchers got what they deserved.
What

Weaverville, NC

#13 Oct 16, 2011
FOS wrote:
Uh no, you don't. If that were the case, we'd still have slavery and women wouldn't be able to vote.
Better get RIGHT

Franklin, NC

#14 Nov 5, 2011
Ban Homophobia wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're straight, that's normal. If you're gay that's normal too. Accepted national organizations of both psychiatrists and psychologists both declare, and have done so for years, that homosexuality in humans in normal. Just as it is in animals. Have you ever seen the PBS special on bonobo chimpanzees?
The American Psychiatric Association decreed gayness to be normal in humans in the early seventies. Same for the psychologists.
Get over it. Gayness is here to stay. There is no "cure." It is not a disease; it is a way of life with genetic components. Deal with it and keep your big long snout out of other people's business.
God is above ALL of these T.V. specials & these so called psychologist. God's word means exactly what it says and His word says exactly what it means! STOP trying to mislead the people, homosexuality is NOT here to stay- God's judgment is on the way!
Swifts Drapier Letters

Mills River, NC

#15 Nov 5, 2011
Better get RIGHT wrote:
<quoted text> God is above ALL of these T.V. specials & these so called psychologist. God's word means exactly what it says and His word says exactly what it means! STOP trying to mislead the people, homosexuality is NOT here to stay- God's judgment is on the way!
Your god is a fraud. He cannot even resist chariots of iron although he was successful against chariots of wood. See the old testament for details.

And read up in the last chapters of Numbers how your cruel god was in on the rape and bed slavery of 32,000 innocent Midianite virgins.

You skunk.
Bix_Nood

Seoul, Korea

#16 Nov 5, 2011
It's OK to gang rape dykes, it's God's way of punishing them for being insane!
get right

Webster, NC

#18 Nov 11, 2011
Swifts Drapier Letters wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god is a fraud. He cannot even resist chariots of iron although he was successful against chariots of wood. See the old testament for details.
And read up in the last chapters of Numbers how your cruel god was in on the rape and bed slavery of 32,000 innocent Midianite virgins.
You skunk.
My God is an AWESOME God! He is loving & merciful and He is a just God. Big news flash 4 you: YOUR knee is going to bow and YOUR tongue is going to confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!( this means everyone) Regardless of social status- ALL will stand before God for the FINAL judgment. You can try all you want - to live in some kind of denial, but you - along with everyone else will stand before God to meet the judgment.( THAT IS A FACT) as for the skunk remark that you made- it is you who smells!( of brimstone!!!!!!!!) People can pray for you and hope that you find God and the truth- if not you shall surly mourn.( there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth) the lake of fire is eternal!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#19 Nov 12, 2011
get right wrote:
<quoted text> My God is an AWESOME God! He is loving & merciful and He is a just God. Big news flash 4 you: YOUR knee is going to bow and YOUR tongue is going to confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!( this means everyone) Regardless of social status- ALL will stand before God for the FINAL judgment. You can try all you want - to live in some kind of denial, but you - along with everyone else will stand before God to meet the judgment.( THAT IS A FACT) as for the skunk remark that you made- it is you who smells!( of brimstone!!!!!!!!) People can pray for you and hope that you find God and the truth- if not you shall surly mourn.( there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth) the lake of fire is eternal!!!!!!!!!!
Well, regardless of what you believe, the God of the Old Testament was a God that engineered the slaughter of entire peoples, down to the last innocent child.

Whether you believe that the atrocoties attributed to a vengeful God are simply a case of the winner in battle explaining away their cruelty toward their enemies, or the word of a true God doesn't really matter.

But you can't deny what the words themselves say.
get right

Maiden, NC

#20 Nov 12, 2011
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, regardless of what you believe, the God of the Old Testament was a God that engineered the slaughter of entire peoples, down to the last innocent child.
Whether you believe that the atrocoties attributed to a vengeful God are simply a case of the winner in battle explaining away their cruelty toward their enemies, or the word of a true God doesn't really matter.
Bul;lshit. Our God is a Great God, a compassionate God. The god of Marxism is responsible for the murders of millions of people. And we all know she wasqueer. You fruits get your skanky butts back up north. Dixie is for God loving folk not nasty homosexual Marxists from up north.
Get right

Webster, NC

#24 Nov 12, 2011
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
STOP trying to blame God! SIN brings judgment. I would like to give you some good advise ( you'll most likely scoff @ it- Be wrong if you want to) stop taking God's Grace for granted! All you homosexuals need to get back into the closet and do some praying. Stop trying to analyze God ,show Him respect. God 's ways are not our ways - HE is God and He is perfect. When you really find the Lord, then your whole life changes ( for the better) BTW ALL will give account of every idle word spoken- judgment day is coming to everyone on this Earth, no one will escape that day. and regardless of how arrogate you try to be - you will confess and those knees of yours will bend , same as every one else!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buncombe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dicos Background Check Nov 25 Larry 2
News Crime 33 mins ago 4:23 p.m.Blount Co. deputy fa... Oct '16 Fox Watson 1
Buncombe County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest R... Oct '16 Emma 2
News Archerd launches campaign for Chair of county c... Aug '16 Fox5411 1
News Jorge Martinez (Aug '15) Aug '15 Guy that Jorge knew 1
News Affordable housing essay: Affordable housing is... (Jul '15) Aug '15 Leave Town 9
News Police: Ax-wielding serial vending machine smas... (Aug '15) Aug '15 BLAME BLAME BLAME 3
More from around the web