Pagan mom reports death threat after ...

Pagan mom reports death threat after criticizing county schools' Bible distribution policy

There are 30 comments on the Mountain Xpress story from Jan 23, 2012, titled Pagan mom reports death threat after criticizing county schools' Bible distribution policy. In it, Mountain Xpress reports that:

Buncombe County investigators are looking into a threatening phone call made to a local woman who made headlines when she criticized a county school for making Bibles available to students.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mountain Xpress.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#23 Jan 28, 2012
GwyddonDerwydd wrote:
<quoted text>
You're statements are valid and I quite agree. Realize though that I am only referring to pre-Christian Roman records from a time there was no need for propaganda concerning Jesus.After that, all bets are off on so-called documentation. After all, we have the fractured history were Rome takes (and receives) credit for road-building and the formation of institutions for higher learning, which are actually Druidic accomplishments. Never trust the history that is presented by the side that won! I will add this, I always tell people, "don't take my word, seek and learn for yourself".
That's just it though, anything could have been written anywhere by anyone in a similar time frame and still be seen as "authentic", not to mention the question of the veracity of any "outside sources" which would be "judging" any test results. Power corrupts and Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#24 Jan 28, 2012
All true. But as a researcher and teacher, I have to rely on the proven scientific method, any supporting archaeological or forensic evidence, while proving or disproving any contradictions that may arise. I realize that "things change".

At what point does "Pagan and Proud" accept the validity or authenticity of ancient thing?

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#25 Jan 28, 2012
GwyddonDerwydd wrote:
All true. But as a researcher and teacher, I have to rely on the proven scientific method, any supporting archaeological or forensic evidence, while proving or disproving any contradictions that may arise. I realize that "things change".
At what point does "Pagan and Proud" accept the validity or authenticity of ancient thing?
Same as me.. As to date i was not aware there was any such transcript..If there is a book Professor or even a link.. Please post.. As I have never even seen this "historical fact". Published anywhere.

Location hidden

#26 Jan 28, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Same as me.. As to date i was not aware there was any such transcript..If there is a book Professor or even a link.. Please post.. As I have never even seen this "historical fact". Published anywhere.
Apostolico Vaticana. Go there. Unforgettable.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#27 Jan 28, 2012
GwyddonDerwydd wrote:
Having source material which isn't under the direct influence of a society promoting such events would be a good start. Evidence from professed Atheists funded by a Non-Religiously based University would tend to sway me a bit more than evidence brought forth by an archeological dig funded by the Church... Having open Databases of the facts, tests and time periods as compared to "secrets" held deep within Vaults, some of which still remain forbidden to all but "believers" or "approved" scholars would also go quite a long way in helping. I've seen the Church, where do you think the Mafia came up with their ideas?

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#28 Jan 28, 2012
Any site that is not a religious institution. As I can not find any other than from religious sites.

Location hidden

#29 Jan 28, 2012
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Having source material which isn't under the direct influence of a society promoting such events would be a good start. Evidence from professed Atheists funded by a Non-Religiously based University would tend to sway me a bit more than evidence brought forth by an archeological dig funded by the Church... Having open Databases of the facts, tests and time periods as compared to "secrets" held deep within Vaults, some of which still remain forbidden to all but "believers" or "approved" scholars would also go quite a long way in helping. I've seen the Church, where do you think the Mafia came up with their ideas?
I hear you.LOL. I'm a Gwyddon - not to be confused with any groups with websites using the term gwyddon.(We have nothing to sell, we are not witches) The Gwyddon are total and complete atheists but respect all religions. Although our ancestors believed in an enormous pantheon, we believe that belief in or worship of any god or goddess is a continued practice handed down by primitive and superstitious man.You may think of Gwyddon as contemporary druidism, mainly concerned with the sciences,stewardship of the Earth, and the search for truth.Recall the ancient Druid proverb, "The Truth Against The World" or, "Gwir yn Erbyn y Byd".

I've enjoyed your viewpoint and may look at things a little differently from now, but I have to get ready for my day.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#30 Jan 28, 2012
GwyddonDerwydd wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you.LOL. I'm a Gwyddon - not to be confused with any groups with websites using the term gwyddon.(We have nothing to sell, we are not witches) The Gwyddon are total and complete atheists but respect all religions. Although our ancestors believed in an enormous pantheon, we believe that belief in or worship of any god or goddess is a continued practice handed down by primitive and superstitious man.You may think of Gwyddon as contemporary druidism, mainly concerned with the sciences,stewardship of the Earth, and the search for truth.Recall the ancient Druid proverb, "The Truth Against The World" or, "Gwir yn Erbyn y Byd".
I've enjoyed your viewpoint and may look at things a little differently from now, but I have to get ready for my day.
Cool, nice to meetcha, Perhaps we can chat at a later time...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#46 Feb 7, 2012
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Someone must have crossed signals there somewhere then because the usual representations don't mach up. Pan(and "Satan") is depicted as having Ram or Goat Horns, the Celtic Deities are generally portrayed with having Elk, Deer, or Stag horns and very few if any "Satanic" representations include those as a feature.
Technically not all "horned gods" are actually horned. Horns and antlers are not the same thing, though the words are quite often used interchangeably.

Pan is horned, but Cernunnos is antlered. Antlers belong to the deer family and appear on males, whereas cloven-hoofed animals (like goats and sheep) have horns, which can appear on either gender. Pan has the cloven-hoofs and horns of a goat, Cernunnos has the antlers of a stag.

Another distinction between the two: antlers are shed, horns are permanent. Also, antlers branch, horns do not (the lone exception being those on pronghorns which are soley indigenous to North America).

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#47 Feb 7, 2012
Callisto_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically not all "horned gods" are actually horned. Horns and antlers are not the same thing, though the words are quite often used interchangeably.
Pan is horned, but Cernunnos is antlered. Antlers belong to the deer family and appear on males, whereas cloven-hoofed animals (like goats and sheep) have horns, which can appear on either gender. Pan has the cloven-hoofs and horns of a goat, Cernunnos has the antlers of a stag.
Another distinction between the two: antlers are shed, horns are permanent. Also, antlers branch, horns do not (the lone exception being those on pronghorns which are soley indigenous to North America).
True.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buncombe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jorge Martinez Aug 12 Guy that Jorge knew 1
News Affordable housing essay: Affordable housing is... Aug 12 Leave Town 10
News Police: Ax-wielding serial vending machine smas... Aug 5 BLAME BLAME BLAME 3
News Is Hominy Creek Greenway going to the dogs? Jul '15 CatherineH66 1
News North Carolina: Asheville's 'sanctuary policy' ... (Jul '14) Jul '15 CatherineH66 20
Need a job? Jun '15 Liberty Communica... 1
News Man charged after dog stabbed in neck in Asheville (Mar '13) Jun '15 dean 2
More from around the web