Pagan mom reports death threat after ...

Pagan mom reports death threat after criticizing county schools' Bible distribution policy

There are 30 comments on the Mountain Xpress story from Jan 23, 2012, titled Pagan mom reports death threat after criticizing county schools' Bible distribution policy. In it, Mountain Xpress reports that:

Buncombe County investigators are looking into a threatening phone call made to a local woman who made headlines when she criticized a county school for making Bibles available to students.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mountain Xpress.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
L A Burton

Medina, OH

#3 Jan 25, 2012
If witches talk about our religion we're evil but if christens spread the word and give away bibles at school its fantastic. I don't shove my religion down anyone's throat I expect the same in return.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#4 Jan 25, 2012
Yeah a lot of christians think that they should have the right to shove their religion down every one throat. But when it comes to any one else beliefs, religion, or philosophy. Regardless of which one is being talked about at the time. Oh well, then it is all wrong. The sheer hypocrisy is breathtaking.
joX

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#5 Jan 25, 2012
L A Burton wrote:
If witches talk about our religion we're evil but if christens spread the word and give away bibles at school its fantastic. I don't shove my religion down anyone's throat I expect the same in return.
That's not quite true. Most Pagans have a very high level of tolerance for other religions. The reason why Pagans get annoyed at Fundamentalist mindsets is that we have had our fill of hate and rage against us and quite rightly, Pagans use their enlightenment to educate those of "blinkered" views. Education and research is the key to developing an more aware open mind.
Bumper

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Jan 25, 2012
You cannot compare Christianity with Pagan Satanism and Witchcraft.

Christianity is world class and the road to truth, but chanting and casting spells and cuddling up with Lucifer is a local disturbance with mental illness which can be cured with an exorcism.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#7 Jan 26, 2012
Bumper wrote:
Christianity is world class and the road to truth, but chanting and casting spells and cuddling up with Lucifer is a local disturbance with mental illness which can be cured with an exorcism.
And to prove my point of my last post....

“CHRISTIANITYIS AMENTAL DISEASE”

Since: May 10

"---TOO BAD IT'S NOT FATAL"

#8 Jan 26, 2012
Bumper wrote:
You cannot compare Christianity with Pagan
You're right; Paganism is far superior to christianity.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#9 Jan 26, 2012
Bumper wrote:
Pagan Satanism?? Really? Doesn't Satan only appear in Judaism, Islam, & Christianity? The only reason satan is depicted as having horns comes from the early christian church trying to demonize the horned hunter!

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

#10 Jan 27, 2012
GwyddonDerwydd wrote:
<quoted text>
Pagan Satanism?? Really? Doesn't Satan only appear in Judaism, Islam, & Christianity? The only reason satan is depicted as having horns comes from the early christian church trying to demonize the horned hunter!
Actually it was Demonizing Pan, Herne the Hunter is a little bit different.

Location hidden

#11 Jan 27, 2012
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it was Demonizing Pan, Herne the Hunter is a little bit different.
Actually, it was demonizing the Horned Hunter found in the various celtic pantheons. History has it that Pan was a Greek "god" and that Greece was already heavily christianized by the time of Constantine's decree. Pan's influence had already been weakened and was of little concern to Christian Rome.

The main resistance to Christianity was in western Europe, namely, the celtic tribes. The early Roman church had to discredit the Horned Hunter by equating him with Satan. The earliest depictions gave him, like the witches, a "jewish" nose. This was also done intentionally to equate the jews to satan since they killed Jesus. Later, horns were added to Satan by the scribes and artists of the Roman church. This pattern of equating paganism as well as atheism to Satanism is continued by Christians today.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#12 Jan 27, 2012
GwyddonDerwydd wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it was demonizing the Horned Hunter found in the various celtic pantheons. History has it that Pan was a Greek "god" and that Greece was already heavily christianized by the time of Constantine's decree. Pan's influence had already been weakened and was of little concern to Christian Rome.
The main resistance to Christianity was in western Europe, namely, the celtic tribes. The early Roman church had to discredit the Horned Hunter by equating him with Satan. The earliest depictions gave him, like the witches, a "jewish" nose. This was also done intentionally to equate the jews to satan since they killed Jesus. Later, horns were added to Satan by the scribes and artists of the Roman church. This pattern of equating paganism as well as atheism to Satanism is continued by Christians today.
Someone must have crossed signals there somewhere then because the usual representations don't mach up. Pan(and "Satan") is depicted as having Ram or Goat Horns, the Celtic Deities are generally portrayed with having Elk, Deer, or Stag horns and very few if any "Satanic" representations include those as a feature.

Location hidden

#13 Jan 27, 2012
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Someone must have crossed signals there somewhere then because the usual representations don't mach up. Pan(and "Satan") is depicted as having Ram or Goat Horns, the Celtic Deities are generally portrayed with having Elk, Deer, or Stag horns and very few if any "Satanic" representations include those as a feature.
You are correct my friend. But the actions and reasons by the early church of Rome are documented. We think that the early church of Rome simply "missed the boat" on that detail. The Roman church of today maintains a wealth of ancient documents that we will never see though because there are truths that would destroy their influence as well. What I wouldn't give to see everything that is hidden inside the vatican.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#14 Jan 28, 2012
GwyddonDerwydd wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct my friend. But the actions and reasons by the early church of Rome are documented. We think that the early church of Rome simply "missed the boat" on that detail. The Roman church of today maintains a wealth of ancient documents that we will never see though because there are truths that would destroy their influence as well. What I wouldn't give to see everything that is hidden inside the vatican.
I don't follow the "documented truths" of a Church written BY a Church.

Location hidden

#15 Jan 28, 2012
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>I don't follow the "documented truths" of a Church written BY a Church.
I understand what you are saying. It is good to be wary. The documents that interest me would be the ones they won't release or even allow modern scientists or philosophers review.

My point of view comes from the fact that we define "prehistory" and "history" by a term called written history. Yes, there were in the beginning clay tablets and such but with the advent of papyrus and paper, history began to be recorded as never before.The ancient romans and greeks were notorious for writing everything down.For this reason, I know that Jesus existed. Certainly not from the bible which I consider to be a book of ancient Hebrew folklore, but the written records produced by Romans, who were still very pagan, at he time of Jesus.

Jesus was just a guy. A radical whose behavior got him into roman history.Until Costantine, of course.

I do agree with your statement though. Most church documents of today are lies and misinterpretations of older and cryptic writings.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#16 Jan 28, 2012
GwyddonDerwydd wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you are saying. It is good to be wary. The documents that interest me would be the ones they won't release or even allow modern scientists or philosophers review.
My point of view comes from the fact that we define "prehistory" and "history" by a term called written history. Yes, there were in the beginning clay tablets and such but with the advent of papyrus and paper, history began to be recorded as never before.The ancient romans and greeks were notorious for writing everything down.For this reason, I know that Jesus existed. Certainly not from the bible which I consider to be a book of ancient Hebrew folklore, but the written records produced by Romans, who were still very pagan, at he time of Jesus.
Jesus was just a guy. A radical whose behavior got him into roman history.Until Costantine, of course.
I do agree with your statement though. Most church documents of today are lies and misinterpretations of older and cryptic writings.
I have doubts as to whether he existed at all. Not one account of him during the actual lifetime that he was supposed to have lived exists and each later account is in some way associated with a Religious context of one sort or the other...(either direct association or answerable to a religious authority, in other words no "newspaper clippings").

Location hidden

#17 Jan 28, 2012
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>I have doubts as to whether he existed at all. Not one account of him during the actual lifetime that he was supposed to have lived exists and each later account is in some way associated with a Religious context of one sort or the other...(either direct association or answerable to a religious authority, in other words no "newspaper clippings").
You're right but we do have the court records of Pontius Pilate, who was basically a disinterested third party (and a Pagan) who had nothing to gain or lose by recording the truth. Even the jews acknowledge his existence, he was just not the Messiah.I think he existed, then known as Yeshua. The name "Jesus" will not appear in ancient texts. That came in later Latin translations of the ancient Hebrew and Greek. However, I don't think a "miracle-working" man existed.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#18 Jan 28, 2012
GwyddonDerwydd wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right but we do have the court records of Pontius Pilate, who was basically a disinterested third party (and a Pagan) who had nothing to gain or lose by recording the truth. Even the jews acknowledge his existence, he was just not the Messiah.I think he existed, then known as Yeshua. The name "Jesus" will not appear in ancient texts. That came in later Latin translations of the ancient Hebrew and Greek. However, I don't think a "miracle-working" man existed.
That would be interesting because to my knowledge there are no court records in existence from that time and I'd find it Highly suspicious if those were the only court records to be in existence as well, as we all remember the "box" that was found with the words, "John, Brother of Jesus" in the ancient text/language on it.

Location hidden

#19 Jan 28, 2012
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>That would be interesting because to my knowledge there are no court records in existence from that time and I'd find it Highly suspicious if those were the only court records to be in existence as well, as we all remember the "box" that was found with the words, "John, Brother of Jesus" in the ancient text/language on it.
I don't know the extent of your knowledge but there is a plethora of text artifacts out there that are only available through international and cultural exchange programs accessible through university.

The court records as well as many other documents from the time period and before do exist. The material that is used to write on and the pigments used in the ink have been carbon-dated and substantiated.These, as well as other documents,are available to scholars for review and study.(Presumably because they are supporting to Christianity) Many documents are not made available, probably because they may be damning to the power of the Catholic church. The Vatican maintains strict control concerning historic texts.

As for the only court records concerning Jesus, he only appeared in one court. Similarly, the record of the speeding ticket I received last year only appears in the county court where my offense was heard.

And, yes, I think we can all agree that the ossuary of James has been debunked by modern science, as well as Noah's flood and the creation of the heaven and Earth, Adam and Eve, etc.

I'm not a Christian so please don't think I'm supporting their ancient folklore. As a scientist, I only seek the truth.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

#20 Jan 28, 2012
GwyddonDerwydd wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know the extent of your knowledge but there is a plethora of text artifacts out there that are only available through international and cultural exchange programs accessible through university.
The court records as well as many other documents from the time period and before do exist. The material that is used to write on and the pigments used in the ink have been carbon-dated and substantiated.These, as well as other documents,are available to scholars for review and study.(Presumably because they are supporting to Christianity) Many documents are not made available, probably because they may be damning to the power of the Catholic church. The Vatican maintains strict control concerning historic texts.
As for the only court records concerning Jesus, he only appeared in one court. Similarly, the record of the speeding ticket I received last year only appears in the county court where my offense was heard.
And, yes, I think we can all agree that the ossuary of James has been debunked by modern science, as well as Noah's flood and the creation of the heaven and Earth, Adam and Eve, etc.
I'm not a Christian so please don't think I'm supporting their ancient folklore. As a scientist, I only seek the truth.
But as I said, if only those particular records from that particular court were actually supposedly available, and only available to the public Through the Catholic Church, it makes the entire thing suspect, much akin to getting factual information about Jews from the Aryan Nations, their entire purpose was to support their claims, I have no doubt the Substantiation of such records would have been a "priority" in establishing a system of circular verification. Corruption isn't a new concept at all and in my experience those systems which are supposedly sacrosanct and "pure" contain the greatest amounts of propaganda....

Location hidden

#21 Jan 28, 2012
Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>But as I said, if only those particular records from that particular court were actually supposedly available, and only available to the public Through the Catholic Church, it makes the entire thing suspect, much akin to getting factual information about Jews from the Aryan Nations, their entire purpose was to support their claims, I have no doubt the Substantiation of such records would have been a "priority" in establishing a system of circular verification. Corruption isn't a new concept at all and in my experience those systems which are supposedly sacrosanct and "pure" contain the greatest amounts of propaganda....
You're statements are valid and I quite agree. Realize though that I am only referring to pre-Christian Roman records from a time there was no need for propaganda concerning Jesus.After that, all bets are off on so-called documentation. After all, we have the fractured history were Rome takes (and receives) credit for road-building and the formation of institutions for higher learning, which are actually Druidic accomplishments. Never trust the history that is presented by the side that won! I will add this, I always tell people, "don't take my word, seek and learn for yourself".

“CHRISTIANITYIS AMENTAL DISEASE”

Since: May 10

"---TOO BAD IT'S NOT FATAL"

#22 Jan 28, 2012
Second year of the second decade of the 21st century, and christians are still threatening witches. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buncombe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Affordable housing essay: Affordable housing is... Sat PHONYBLACKGUY 8
News Is Hominy Creek Greenway going to the dogs? Jul 27 CatherineH66 1
News North Carolina: Asheville's 'sanctuary policy' ... (Jul '14) Jul 25 CatherineH66 20
Need a job? Jun '15 Liberty Communica... 1
News Man charged after dog stabbed in neck in Asheville (Mar '13) Jun '15 dean 2
News Sediment destroys pond at North Asheville bird ... (Jul '13) Jun '15 dean 6
News Food Stamp Qualifications Could Be Changing (Jul '08) Jun '15 dean 87
More from around the web