School Bible giveaway protester repor...

School Bible giveaway protester reports threats

There are 6 comments on the The Asheville Citizen-Times story from Jan 20, 2012, titled School Bible giveaway protester reports threats. In it, The Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Buncombe County investigators are looking into a threatening phone call made to a local woman who made headlines when she criticized a county school for making Bibles available to students.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Asheville Citizen-Times.

sam

Arnold, MO

#1 Jan 22, 2012
Not surprised. Typical Christian behavioured when they don't get their way.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 22, 2012
sam wrote:
Not surprised. Typical Christian behavioured when they don't get their way.
True. Even though Jesus himself operated on the basis of free agency,some christians take it personally when you do not agree with their belief-path and they treat you like an enemy of their god. And when they act out such as the unidentified caller they believe they are doing so in the name of their lord.And this justifies that in their mind.
celticwarriors

Bay Pines, FL

#3 Jan 22, 2012
Keep these bibles out of public schools. The separation of church and state was purposely put in the constitution by the non-christian framers. Deism was that era's way to say non-believer.

Location hidden

#4 Jan 23, 2012
Well, I disagree.Schools, public and private should make all books available equally without furthering any certain religion. Religion is a personal choice. It is no more right to censor learning than it is for one to ram his or her beliefs down another's throat.

As for the separation of church and state, well, that was actually set up to prevent the state from dictating which religion you as a citizen decide to practice.

As for Deism,I don't know that much but in my belief path we are taught that deists believe in a god but choose to do so outside of an organized religion.

Don't think I am taking up for the christians because I'm not. After all, Christianity is one of if not the bloodiest religion(s) in the world.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#5 Jan 23, 2012
It doesn't even begin to surprise me that some fool made threatening phone calls sad but all too true.

Location hidden

#6 Jan 23, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
It doesn't even begin to surprise me that some fool made threatening phone calls sad but all too true.
I know. People like that seem to only see the world through the keyhole of their belief path. If they would just open wide the door......

They walk among us. What can I say?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buncombe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Texas man wrote worthless check of $775... (Apr '12) Feb 10 Curious coloradoan 15
Dicos Background Check Nov '16 Larry 2
News Crime 33 mins ago 4:23 p.m.Blount Co. deputy fa... Oct '16 Fox Watson 1
Buncombe County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest R... Oct '16 Emma 2
News Archerd launches campaign for Chair of county c... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Fox5411 1
News Jorge Martinez (Aug '15) Aug '15 Guy that Jorge knew 1
News Affordable housing essay: Affordable housing is... (Jul '15) Aug '15 Leave Town 9
More from around the web